Aldershot

159 posts in this topic

As things stand we’re 13 Pts off top spot (were I never expected us to finish), 6pts off the play offs and 9 Pts off relegation battle. This season is becoming Groundhog day, our season is falling apart, fans are becoming disgruntled, and we are in October and the season is nearly over for us, this is going to be a long long winter 

Edited by LeedsShaymen

An odd first half. Not a great performance but we have looked the better and go in 2-0 down. 

Our midfield is a joke and Hanson is our stand out again. Odiusless and Lenighan are simply out of their depth and the lack of a midfield presence has meant that the defence is bybassing them and lumping it up to Wooton, who has won just one of the nine headers he has gone for in that half - and he lost possesion on that one too.

For some reason though I feel if we can get an early goal in the second half we can get something here. 

Just now, choppiebinkie said:

Is that why we are losing 2 0 then would rather be crap and win 1 0

14 minutes ago, ashy1966 said:

Who's winning? That's all that matters..

Must be lovely commenting from your nice warm couch. Thing we have played well and were dam unlucky. Go put the kettle on and think of your next unjustified comment!

Look at you all high and mighty as a season ticket holder for the last 20 + years I'm allowed to comment also wouldn't call it unjustified would you rather win every game 1 0 and be poor or play well but lose 

Edited by choppiebinkie

3 minutes ago, Flea said:

An odd first half. Not a great performance but we have looked the better and go in 2-0 down. 

Our midfield is a joke and Hanson is our stand out again. Odiusless and Lenighan are simply out of their depth and the lack of a midfield presence has meant that the defence is bybassing them and lumping it up to Wooton, who has won just one of the nine headers he has gone for in that half - and he lost possesion on that one too.

For some reason though I feel if we can get an early goal in the second half we can get something here. 

Iv seen Preston and sellers crossing/on the ball many times. So bypassing the midfield is a tad of a lie.

Jeff just called us ‘fading Halifax’ in the half-time round-up on Sky. 

4 minutes ago, Flea said:

Perhaps JF might see the light & make an early substitution. King perhaps?? then again, very unlikely:doh:

1 minute ago, Flea said:

So let's see if Fullerton makes some early changes. Staunton and king for Lennighan and Oderlusie. 

Outplayed in every department which I am fully qualified to form this opinion in my absence

Odelusi is useless. Defence / midfield doesn’t close down. Their goals looked good but no one got in their faces.

Aldershot are no great shakes and we can still get something. I’d like to see Staunton on for Odiuseless. 

wonder what the reaction will be if we lose to chesterfield next week? 

Just now, crowtherjcbravo said:

wonder what the reaction will be if we lose to chesterfield next week? 

If!!!! 

King on !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 person likes this

Lenighan and wooton off for Edwards and King 

Wow 2 subs at once shame we are 3 down:wub:

We desperately need new bodies in to avoid a repeat of last season without the happy ending. It's all very well having team spirit and fighting for the cause but if the players aren't good enough then that team spirit will only get you so far.

The BOD need to decide whether to release funds for bringing in new players or hope against hope that we can mirror last season with or without JF.

It is obvious to all that at the moment we are seriously lacking a midfield and a goal scorer and yet week after week things go unchanged. I know that people will say that the BOD and manager are trying to solve the situation and maybe they are but with every week that goes by we continue to drift closer to a relegation scrap.

People on here said after the defeat to Hartlepool that the next seven games were all winnable and we should be looking at something like a sixteen/ seventeen point return. After the late show last week coupled with today (so far) do we still think that is achievable honestly?

how much is also down to DB tightening the purse strings? Heard DB is still dithering over the club shop.

1 minute ago, Scot said:

Who  did you have a bet with Scot?

Another poor performance down south and again feel sorry for the fans that have travelled down. 

This season is turning out to be another **** season, swapping managers and fighting for relegation. 

I have no clue why he still consists with lenighan who is shite and way out of his league. 

Since him and berrett have gone there we get over run in midfield and it’s just poor to watch. 

No excitement at games anymore and overall going to be another poor season. 

And again onto the next game forget this one and as said previously in the interview with our assistant manager we were going down here expecting to lose and just try play for a draw it’s a ****ing joke. 

40 minutes ago, Shaymen0 said:

Been the better team so far.

1 minute ago, Scot said: