Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

DB interview in't Worrier

47 posts in this topic

I've just read DB's latest interview in't Worrier and he said that if you expect a crowd of 2000 + you have to bring in a doctor for the crowd as well as the team. Anything under 2000 and you don't need one.

7 hours ago, Erik Everhard said:

I've just read DB's latest interview in't Worrier and he said that if you expect a crowd of 2000 + you have to bring in a doctor for the crowd as well as the team. Anything under 2000 and you don't need one.

Kerching! Another victory for thrift! Put another bar on the fire DB. Lick the lid of life!

2 people like this

Another year without debt.....

You can take the comment as being major or minor, I opt for the latter. Quite seriously, what do people want from a chairman and board?  We know the fan engagement could be better, but financially, what's the problem?  

Edited by francisfirth

At least he is not throwing buckets full of cash each week for flowers !

8 hours ago, Erik Everhard said:

:doh: latest upbeat bollx from big Dave.Can't he just say he's bringing in a 20 goal forrad to get us out of this poxy league.....

What if the 2,000th spectator is Dr. Alban?

Do we need a doctor or not?

3 people like this

4 hours ago, Shaymen1984 said:

Kerching! Another victory for thrift! Put another bar on the fire DB. Lick the lid of life!

Think he's bemoaning the fact the based on intel from Orient they were expecting to bring 600 - 700 so we had to pay for a crowd doctor and to open and steward the West Stand. 

1 person likes this

18 minutes ago, chadders said:

Think he's bemoaning the fact the based on intel from Orient they were expecting to bring 600 - 700 so we had to pay for a crowd doctor and to open and steward the West Stand. 

Although there turnout was good it didn't stack up with what they had taken elsewhere.

13 hours ago, crowtherjcbravo said:

Would be nice to read an interview one day without him mentioning finances

It’s a shame actually because , whilst clearly he has responsibility for the money , his last interview was exactly the same .. talking about every minute detail of cost. Maybe they need to look at different ways to get more folk in ?

22 minutes ago, Scot said:

It’s a shame actually because , whilst clearly he has responsibility for the money , his last interview was exactly the same .. talking about every minute detail of cost. Maybe they need to look at different ways to get more folk in ?

I think what DB is trying to say is 'this is why its £20 to get in' but then asks for people to support it. Most of us understand why the price is the price but it doesnt mean all can afford it.

1 person likes this

It's a bother that Fullarton won that Manager of the Month award, because now we have to build an extension to the trophy cabinet. That's at least three adult admissions down the drain already, and that's before you hire all the tradesmen in to lift the trophy into place.

12 minutes ago, Pliny Harris said:

It's a bother that Fullarton won that Manager of the Month award, because now we have to build an extension to the trophy cabinet. That's at least three adult admissions down the drain already, and that's before you hire all the tradesmen in to lift the trophy into place.

Surely we can fit it into where the FA Trophy used to stand? ;)

Might need a doctor next Saturday , seen on Hartlepool's forum that they are housed in the Skircoat which holds 1400 , according to them it's not enough .

I doubt they will bring that many but they are having a better season and as far as away games go for them it's apart from Gateshead and Harrogate and Barrow their closest game .

Edited by monk
Forgot Barrow , which is not surprising

1 minute ago, monk said:

Might need a doctor next Saturday , seen on Hartlepool's forum that they are housed in the Skircoat which holds 1400 , according to them it's not enough .

I doubt they will bring that many but they are having a better season and as far as away games go for them it's apart from Gateshead and Harrogate their closest game .

Ouch. This is going to cost us! 

4 minutes ago, monk said:

I doubt they will bring that many but they are having a better season and as far as away games go for them it's apart from Gateshead and Harrogate and Barrow their closest game .

272 to Havant t'other week.  I wouldnt be surprised if they brought a four figure following

2 minutes ago, Wilder Bollox said:

Can we add a couple of quid to the admission prices to swell the coffers

And keep the crowd below 2,000. Win win! Be gone, robbing doctors!

3 minutes ago, Shaymen1984 said:

And keep the crowd below 2,000. Win win! Be gone, robbing doctors!

You can take the lass out of Shat but you can't take the Shat out of the lass :blink:

8 hours ago, Stasi Pants said:

What if the 2,000th spectator is Dr. Alban?

Do we need a doctor or not?

Think he's a dentist. He'd be good for our pulling teeth performances. 

1 hour ago, crowtherjcbravo said:

Surely we can fit it into where the FA Trophy used to stand? ;)

No cos we got a replica to keep :P

Isn't everyone, including DB, missing the point? If the crowd is above 2,000, isn't the cost of an additional doctor negligible? Or is it more profitable to have a crowd of 1,400 and no doctor than one of 2,000 with a doctor? What next? We have to print more matchday programmes because people keep buying them. The utter bastards. 

2 people like this

1 hour ago, Che Bentos said:

Think he's a dentist. He'd be good for our pulling teeth performances. 

Don't hurt me,

No more.

1 person likes this

52 minutes ago, Hoddie said:

Isn't everyone, including DB, missing the point? If the crowd is above 2,000, isn't the cost of an additional doctor negligible? Or is it more profitable to have a crowd of 1,400 and no doctor than one of 2,000 with a doctor? What next? We have to print more matchday programmes because people keep buying them. The utter bastards. 

And more stewards! To hell with economies of scale! 

1 person likes this