Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Maidenhead

133 posts in this topic

17 minutes ago, Luke said:

Personally, I think that’s what it was ...

We should find out who did that analysis and poach them ;) 

3 hours ago, Wilder Bollox said:

Still have lost with them so not really going to lose sleep on that point

We haven’t lost so heavily with them though 

26 minutes ago, Flea said:

Maybe had the chance :doh:

35 minutes ago, Erik Everhard said:

Anyway, disappointing day but JF will have em sorted and raring to go next Saturday and we don't call it Fortress Shay for now't. 

Indeed. Although I sometimes think the high fences are to stop us fans from getting out. 

1 person likes this

1 hour ago, Flea said:

A five year old could unpick our cunning plan

The good thing from today is that for as bad as that first 45 was, its just three points lost and if we can bounce back in the home games its not too bad. I've not seen anything as shambolic as that first 45 in a long time however and I'd say it was probably worse than anything Comical Daz gave us as the sheer ease in how we were ripped apart, along with the frequency of it was truly shocking.

Sometimes though, a really poor showing can work in a teams favour. Fullerton should be onto the media team for the entire footage of that first 45 and he should be going over every second of it with the players as it was pretty much a 100% perfect example of exactly what not to do. There are lessons that can be learnt from that for sure.

I am concerned that, having been so dominated in the first half, Fullerton then sent out the exact same eleven for the second half. Now in fairness, the second half was a better showing (still not great, but there were marked improvements across the team even though the game was done), however I have to question why tactically we changed very little. We tweaked a little in the first half after a small water break but it was like putting blue tac on a leaking pipe. 

Not getting carried away but again I'm left wondering and questioning Fullerton's man management when it comes to his bench. Its also disappointing that one of his strengths seems to have been that he would match up against the opposition and set up accordingly, yet he 100% got it bang wrong today and did nothing of note for at least the first hour to correct it, when it was clear to EVERYONE that we were getting battered.

What is frustrating is to anyone who has spent more than 5 mins looking at Maidenhead this season they would know that Josh Kelly is simply a freak of a player for this level. I'd go as far as saying he is in the bracket of Vardy / Dwight Gayle in the case that he will only be in this league for a very short time and he will soon be plying his trade at either a Premier League Club or a Championship one. To then give him the entire freedom of the pitch and let him have the ball was simply suicide. I can't fathom how someone who is supposed to be so OTT about knowing every detail about teams and leaves no stone unturned like Fullerton simply had no plan or what appeared to be knowledge, on what was going to happen if Kelly got the ball. 

For me, I can name 5 players in this current squad that I don't feel are up to the standard we need - and each one of those have been brought in by Fullerton. This, lets make no mistake, is his squad that he has assembled. To then have several players who have put in decent performances during Pre-season and early season to then be missing from the match day squads, or sitting on the bench but never getting on is puzzling. Whilst also understanding that the manager/club want to keep injury news private, it doesn't help when trying to work out why certain players are AWOL from the squad. A perfect example would be half a season Duckworth. On his day a cracking player, however we only get half a season out of him at best and then he spends the summer trying to get away - it makes one question commitment levels when we are kept in the dark on the reasons why some are absent. 

Edited by Flea
4 people like this

Maybe after the 3 tough games, Sutton, Wrexham & Orient the players and management took their eye off the ball a little? I know some of the fans did. It happens to the best of them. Spurs got critisced by their manager after a defeat at Watford on the back of a win at Old Trafford. I am sure JF will blame himself as much as the players, maybe not publicly and will be back on it on Monday morning. It's a defeat, yes a heavy defeat, but it's only a defeat nothing more nothing less. We aren't a top 4 or 5 team and these things happen over the course of a season. Get back up, work hard in training and go again next week! (Ps ring Michael Collins) 

1 person likes this

Whoever went to Wrexham  where we were superb,saw the evidence how good we can be. should not be so panic stricken. Two tough home games ahead, unbeaten at The Shay and still up in the mix. Play off spot will do at the end of the season.

Edited by Shaytrev
1 person likes this

13 hours ago, Erik Everhard said:

11 games down and we've had 5 players that have played in that position because of injuries.

Our centre halves have loads of experience by aren't the quickest. I would like to see us shake things up every now and then and change formation and have a plan B. Away games where our scout has identified pace etc then it's always a choice. Always good when you can adapt to threats from the opposition.

It's the usual Shaymen catch 22 situation though. We need an experienced holding midfielder but he will cost money. We need more through the gate to pay for the new guy. More won't go through the gate, at the moment because if he cost, and it just goes round and round.

Anyway, disappointing day but JF will have em sorted and raring to go next Saturday and we don't call it Fortress Shay for now't. 

Town to beat Hartlepool 2-1 next Saturday and a crowd of 2600.

....and a Doctor

1 person likes this

3 hours ago, noelm1979 said:

I'm currently in Norway and as a result missed yesterday's game. As such i feel i have absolute authority to say that it is the worst we have played all season and all goals could've been easily prevented. Also the players should have taken their chances better. As a team i think they deserve no more than 3/10 and the manager should resign.

And in Norway as part of your boycott too I take it!? ;) 

3 hours ago, noelm1979 said:

I'm currently in Norway and as a result missed yesterday's game. As such i feel i have absolute authority to say that it is the worst we have played all season and all goals could've been easily prevented. Also the players should have taken their chances better. As a team i think they deserve no more than 3/10 and the manager should resign.

I disagree. Due to the exchange rate between the pound and the krone, I'd give the team 3.2 out of 10. 

1 person likes this

4 hours ago, noelm1979 said:

I also missed the game totally. I therefore consulted TNV online guide(www.norweiganbullshit.com) and I fully concur with your rating.

53 minutes ago, Che Bentos said:

I disagree. Due to the exchange rate between the pound and the krone, I'd give the team 3.2 out of 10. 

Really, Oslo as thst.

2 people like this

People have to remember there are 2 teams on a pitch. Were Maidenhead just very good yesterday where, in the first half it just clicked for them?

when we lose it isn't always because we are poor, just like when we win it isn't always because we were brilliant.

49 minutes ago, Ash said:

People have to remember there are 2 teams on a pitch. Were Maidenhead just very good yesterday where, in the first half it just clicked for them?

when we lose it isn't always because we are poor, just like when we win it isn't always because we were brilliant.

I read something online from a maidenhead fan saying the first 45 minutes was the best display of attacking football they had seen since they have been in the national league 

33 minutes ago, AFC Halifax said:

I read something online from a maidenhead fan saying the first 45 minutes was the best display of attacking football they had seen since they have been in the national league 

Or was it because they knew how to exploit our weaknesses?

1 person likes this

3 minutes ago, ashy1966 said:

Probably a number of things

Having seen what is in this league this season, I've raised my expectations quite a bit

31 minutes ago, ashy1966 said:

1 hour ago, AFC Halifax said:

Mixture of the 2

The disappointing thing is all the hard work against Sutton , Wrexham and Orient was undone in 45 minutes , first time this season we have been hammered , will be interesting to see how Maidenhead go on this season seem to have unearthed a gem in Josh Kelly sounded like he ripped us new one .

We lost away at Salford and returned with a win against Dagenham , lost at Borehamwood and returned with a win against Gateshead , hopefully we will return with a good result against Hartlepool.

That's the key , how we react , so far Fullarton has picked them up and gone again so not too worried.

First season full time with an inexperienced manager I would take mid table anything else is a bonus . 

From what I have seen since the end of last season and the start of this is we have the right man in the dugout , given time I think he will take the club forward.

18 minutes ago, Luke said:

Mixture of the 2

I would say more than those 2, we had an off day also. 

Wonder if Terry Mac applied for our manager when Billy left.

When I saw the result I screamed and I've hidden behind the sofa.

If we win on Saturday, I will stop hiding and I will tell everyone were going to win the league.

2 hours ago, AFC Halifax said:

I would say more than those 2, we had an off day also. 

I’ve been told by more than a few it was par for the course so far this season