Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Maidenhead

133 posts in this topic

Poor Cameron King! What does he have to do to get a start?

4 people like this

We got what we deserved today, nothing. That is only the second time this season that has happened, the other being against Leyton Orient, who most have said will be up in the play offs at the end of the season. Two out of eleven isn't bad. We sit 9th with a quarter of the season gone, one point off the play offs and nine points off relegation. Regroup for the Harlepool match next Saturday and hopefully a better result.

Just now, ewalsh said:

Poor Cameron King! What does he have to do to get a start?

Totally agree.Brilliant against Maidstone.Then dropped!!

Cameron King played well until being dropped. A calming influence who looks after the ball. Vital in away games especially

Mr B won’t be happy. An overnight stay to pay for and a performance no better than if they had driven down today.

I think King and Maher would make a good partnership given time but Collins would be a great signing.

Dreadful opening first half. No other way fo put it. Maidenhead went in 3-0 up and that flattered us. Defence all at sea and with eleven further chances for the home side it could have been a lot worse. Josh Kelly is too good for this league at the best of times, without us giftwrapping him a brace of goals.

Second half we were a lot better albeit it felt like Maidenhead were simply going through the motions.

Preston my stand out player today. Looked very isolated at times but worked his arse off and was always trying to do something. Overall it was a bad day at the office so we need to dust ourselves off for next week.

Concern for me is Odelusi. He had a simply shocking pre-season and its taken him eleven games to get into the team. In the first half he stood out like a sore thumb in a team of shambolic performances. Won a booking before winning a tackle or making a pass, continually in the wrong place, gave the ball away and lost it too much and couldnt win it us back. I must be missing something with him as everyone within the club, player and management wise, rave about him.

We missed Tomlinson today. Him, King and Sellars are simply a lot better than Berrett (who for me has also done nothing of note since coming here), Odelusi and Skarz. Im also puzzled to what is going on with Mcleod as he surely would have been better than what was on offer today. 

For all the criticism of Lenighan (and I still think he isnt good enough), he is, on the showings I have seen so far, a far better player than Odelusi and it says how bad we were that I do feel the comment about missing him today was valid.

Only three points lost so no need to hit the panic button just yet. Its not the end of the world and we are in a position that if today is just a blip we will be OK. That first 45 however simply can not be defended as it was horrific. Scot has one hell of a job on his hands in the next 48 to spin that.

Edited by Flea
2 people like this

2 hours ago, TJAshton said:

We will see how good we’re next 2 games and see how we bounce back. Wrexham and Maidstone only good games we’ve played

Sutton and Braintree away ??

Poor display from defence to attack. Not good enough in all areas especially in the first half looked better in second but Maidenhead had the game won by then. Worst performance of the season by a country mile and we need to bounce back in the next two home games. Got bullied and outplayed in midfield and there was no cohesion within the team. 

24 minutes ago, Flea said:

Scot has one hell of a job on his hands in the next 48 to spin that.

Not sure how I’ve managed to get a job as a spin doctor ? ..... listened to that all today and sounded like a very out of character performance.

The team have always been in games but first half sounded like total one way traffic and a very bad day at the office today 

It happens .... really disappointing though 

It happens. At every level. The manager and players won’t dwell on it. You regroup and focus on the next available three points. Can you really lay into them after that? For me the general trend is good. Relax and enjoy your evening. Cut them some slack as they are well in credit for me so far this season.

1 person likes this

Teams should have worked us out by now as we play virtually the same system every game . Proved to be silly billys downfall and will do the same to Fullarton if he doesn't shake it up

Nerd to stop trying not to lose games and trying to win them jf says we go out to win every game but haven't seen this yet 

Congratulations to the experts on here wanting Edwards and Lenighan dropping. Well it stopped the run of draws so you were right all along.

4 people like this

No dramas. We are a mid table side that has over achieved at the beginning of the season. It was bound to even out eventually. Onto next week!! 

3 people like this

The curse of the Lime Green shirts strikes again!

1 person likes this

54 minutes ago, Riders of Rohan said:

Congratulations to the experts on here wanting Edwards and Lenighan dropping. Well it stopped the run of draws so you were right all along.

Still have lost with them so not really going to lose sleep on that point

53 minutes ago, kellster said:

No dramas. We are a mid table side that has over achieved at the beginning of the season. It was bound to even out eventually. Onto next week!! 

True although the manor of the defeat today should be a concern as it came against another 'mid table' outfit.

Get a CM pairing worthy of the name and we're cooking on gas. It may even come with all of Maher, King and Staunton in favour. One game that sticks out beyond 10 others that look credible, so hopefully we can forget about it soon.

1 person likes this

14 minutes ago, greygoose said:

True although the manor of the defeat today should be a concern as it came against another 'mid table' outfit.

If only we’d looked like a mid table side today

2 hours ago, Riders of Rohan said:

Well the expert we have in charge agreed with them. Unless you are suggesting the manager is swayed by the experts on here.

2 people like this

1 hour ago, Luke said:

If only we’d looked like a mid table side today

Wonder if Maidenhead did a professional analysis job on us today?

1 minute ago, ewalsh said:

Wonder if Maidenhead did a professional analysis job on us today?

Personally, I think that’s what it was ...

2 hours ago, Pliny Harris said:

Get a CM pairing worthy of the name and we're cooking on gas. It may even come with all of Maher, King and Staunton in favour. One game that sticks out beyond 10 others that look credible, so hopefully we can forget about it soon.

11 games down and we've had 5 players that have played in that position because of injuries.

Our centre halves have loads of experience by aren't the quickest. I would like to see us shake things up every now and then and change formation and have a plan B. Away games where our scout has identified pace etc then it's always a choice. Always good when you can adapt to threats from the opposition.

It's the usual Shaymen catch 22 situation though. We need an experienced holding midfielder but he will cost money. We need more through the gate to pay for the new guy. More won't go through the gate, at the moment because if he cost, and it just goes round and round.

Anyway, disappointing day but JF will have em sorted and raring to go next Saturday and we don't call it Fortress Shay for now't. 

Town to beat Hartlepool 2-1 next Saturday and a crowd of 2600.

1 person likes this