Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Maidenhead

133 posts in this topic

Big game this weekend. We need a win to stop this mini run of draws. Easier game on paper than our next two home games. 

2 people like this

1 hour ago, johngrantsnumber1 said:

Big game this weekend. We need a win to stop this mini run of draws. Easier game on paper than our next two home games. 

A point away is always a decent one unless you're playing the bottom of the league but I'm hoping for a win on Saturday and I feel it's a realistic aim.

UTS.

Edited by Erik Everhard

Just now, Erik Everhard said:

A point away is always a decent one unless you're playing the bottom of the league but I'm hoping for a win tomorrow and I feel it's a realistic aim.

UTS.

True. I just feel a win is much needed after three draws in a row 

1 person likes this

Just now, Erik Everhard said:

A point away is always a decent one unless you're playing the bottom of the league but I'm hoping for a win tomorrow and I feel it's a realistic aim.

UTS.

Probably not as we are playing Saturday.

1 person likes this

57 minutes ago, johngrantsnumber1 said:

33 minutes ago, Tony Flower said:

Probably not as we are playing Saturday.

Well done Tony. You spotted my deliberate mistake. 

1 person likes this

41 minutes ago, johngrantsnumber1 said:

True. I just feel a win is much needed after three draws in a row 

3 draws in a row are very acceptable considering the opposition we have played.

3 people like this

10 minutes ago, ashy1966 said:

Not saying it isn’t but I feel a win is needed if we want to kick on

Normally winning your home games and taking a point on the road is a good yardstick to go by.

On recent showing I have no reason to doubt why we cant look at Maidenhead, and with all the respect to them in the World, and be targetting the win, with the draw a consolation prize.

I dont expect a win and we cant turn up thinking it will be easy, however after very creditable away points at Sutton and Wrexham we should be going for three here. 

We would happily settle for a point at Sutton/Wrexham. A point at Maidenhead would still be decent but we should go for all three.

The last 3 games were tough. Losing none of them is a good return. It's clear we aren't at the standard of Wrexham and Orient but doesn't mean we can't match these teams. I don't think Macc were the best team last year but they picked up the points.

we played Wrexham when they were top

we played Orient when they were top

we might end up playing Hartlepool when they are top next week! It's a tough run so we do need some points in the bag this weekend.

I agree with JGN1. Wanted at least 4 points from the last 3 games really to cement our play off credentials. We managed 3, which whilst creditable given the opposition is a little bit underwhelming. 

Definitely think we need 3 points on Saturday to really kick on before 2 tough home games. 

Drawing away at Sutton and wrexham is a point gained for us and two points lost for them :) 

draw at home to oreint is two points lost for us and a point gamed for them :) 

so in short we damaged two of our contenders and were damaged by one so I think a positive return fir us 

but like most I want to see a win on Saturday 

hope a week of training will bring the team together and some players who were injured back into the squad 

but one thing is for sure we will be set up on Saturday to go for a win 

can’t ask the manager for more than that 

nick 

11 hours ago, ashy1966 said:

Agreed.

But one win and two defeats means we would have won the same number of points as 3 draws.

Just shows how important it is to see games out and not concede result changing goals right at the end of games

12 hours ago, ashy1966 said:

Same as losing 2 out of last 3 in reality so need to get back ont orse this Saturday..

Think we will get a point tomorrow and then win the next 2 home games 

5 hours ago, rdj said:

Agreed.

But one win and two defeats means we would have won the same number of points as 3 draws.

Just shows how important it is to see games out and not concede result changing goals right at the end of games

Although 3 draws mean we have stopped 3 of our potential promotion rivals gaining ground on us. 2 defeats wouldn't have.

2 people like this

13 minutes ago, never_shay_die said:

Although 3 draws mean we have stopped 3 of our potential promotion rivals gaining ground on us. 2 defeats wouldn't have.

Fair point.

Watched some highlights from their games and a lad called Josh Kelly scored two good goals against Eastleigh , looks a good player , both great finishes especially his first .

Be a good benchmark today , 3 good results against good sides and now a slightly easier game which is winnable on paper , we win today and Hartlepool win their game will set up a cracker next week.

1 person likes this

Maher in for Lenighan and Odelusi in for Edwards 

3 people like this

1 minute ago, AFC Halifax said:

Maher in for Lenighan and Odelusi in for Edwards 

Sounds an improvement