Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Relegation form

303 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, Flea said:

Because he did. No denying we are playing more attractive stuff under Fullerton as under Heath it was awful to watch at times.

Difference is Heath got a lot out of average (or as some would have you believe, terrible) players. 

How many of the players signed by JF this season look a cut above and able to win or change games? The answer to that is none. Our best player is still Kosylo and when you consider we went from a relegation battling part time team to a full time outfit this season the question is how can it be that none of the players JF has signed, who are full time proffesionals, get near Kossy? 

Eleven games into having 100% his own players this season and JF has failed EVERY time he has gone to make a change or a sub. These are his players that he has brought in that he cant get to do it. Where else do you put the blame?

Depends what you want them to be a ‘cut above’.. if you mean a cut above last years players then you’ve even said yourself that in general they are individually.

If you want them to be cut above the other players in the league then that largely comes down to who you can attract .. but  after 11 games they are a ‘cut above’ 11 teams in the league.

so they’re playing better football but Heath would get more out of them despite  being awful football to watch when he was there ?? What ? Would they just hoof it better?....that’s bizarre logic 

So if you make a sub and it doesn’t win or change a game that’s a failure in your book? Every sub has to have an impact or it’s deemed a failure ? Is that not a bit of an extreme view ? 

This is football and it always amazes me the instant reaction to defeat regardless of anything up to that point .. in this case .. bring back Billy , he’d get more out of them. 

August ? Managers great ..  2 weeks later ? Managers failing and he should take the blame ... welcome to football :doh::D

4 minutes ago, Scot said:

Depends what you want them to be a ‘cut above’.. if you mean a cut above last years players then you’ve even said yourself that in general they are individually.

If you want them to be cut above the other players in the league then that largely comes down to who you can attract .. but  after 11 games they are a ‘cut above’ 11 teams in the league.

so they’re playing better football but Heath would get more out of them despite  being awful football to watch when he was there ?? What ? Would they just hoof it better?....that’s bizarre logic 

So if you make a sub and it doesn’t win or change a game that’s a failure in your book? Every sub has to have an impact or it’s deemed a failure ? Is that not a bit of an extreme view ? 

This is football and it always amazes me the instant reaction to defeat regardless of anything up to that point .. in this case .. bring back Billy , he’d get more out of them. 

August ? Managers great ..  2 weeks later ? Managers failing and he should take the blame ... welcome to football :doh::D

Wow, would you like to twist my words any more to fit into your agenda to defend JF at all costs?

Lets not play dumb, we both know you are smarter than pretending to not know the point I’m making. The football is better to watch but this years manager is failing with a bunch of players deemed better (on paper), He has full time players to chose from yet he can’t get a SINGLE sub right. No one is expecting every sub to work out but can you point to ONE, just ONE he has made this season that has helped us in a game? Tactically he is very very poor. 

Heath was good at getting the most out of limited players. He could take a player off and replace them with Danny Clarke or Cliff Moyo and the team would still be fluid and do the set out goals. The players together were a team.

Fullerton has brought in players that on paper are deemed better. They are full time players with experience. The football is better to watch but the performances, skill and effort? Is it? 

As to stand out players, again, the question to be asked is who out of all the players JF has brought in can change, excite and put a stamp on the game? 

Fullartons teams are better to watch and the games are more entertaining but tactically he is poor. He doesnt get the most out of players unlike Heath. 

However, you have shown yourself impossible of rational debate as you wont accept any single ounce of critisism towards JF. No one is calling for his head or anything like that, but I will always put constructive criticism up and call it how I see it from going to games. 

How anyone can defend the subs this season or things like playing the same 11 players 4 times in a week last season etc... is beyond me. Its a squad game and changes have to be made at times. JF is poor in making them and often does them too late when he does. Doesnt mean he should be sacked but Im sick of seeing you blow smoke up his arse every week telling everyone how perfect he is, when you wont acknowledge ANY criticism. 

2 people like this

Would like to see mekhi getting game time. Looked a handful pre season yet can't get on the bench

5 minutes ago, crowtherjcbravo said:

Would like to see mekhi getting game time. Looked a handful pre season yet can't get on the bench

Arguably our best player in Pre Season.

Has he kicked a ball since?

43 minutes ago, Flea said:

Other than Liam Needham can you name any decent sub Fleaster?

1 hour ago, Scot said:

I hope you’re not suggesting I’m changing my tune based on a defeat Scot?

1 hour ago, Flea said:

Wow, would you like to twist my words any more to fit into your agenda to defend JF at all costs?

Lets not play dumb, we both know you are smarter than pretending to not know the point I’m making. The football is better to watch but this years manager is failing with a bunch of players deemed better (on paper), He has full time players to chose from yet he can’t get a SINGLE sub right. No one is expecting every sub to work out but can you point to ONE, just ONE he has made this season that has helped us in a game? Tactically he is very very poor. 

Heath was good at getting the most out of limited players. He could take a player off and replace them with Danny Clarke or Cliff Moyo and the team would still be fluid and do the set out goals. The players together were a team.

Fullerton has brought in players that on paper are deemed better. They are full time players with experience. The football is better to watch but the performances, skill and effort? Is it? 

As to stand out players, again, the question to be asked is who out of all the players JF has brought in can change, excite and put a stamp on the game? 

Fullartons teams are better to watch and the games are more entertaining but tactically he is poor. He doesnt get the most out of players unlike Heath. 

However, you have shown yourself impossible of rational debate as you wont accept any single ounce of critisism towards JF. No one is calling for his head or anything like that, but I will always put constructive criticism up and call it how I see it from going to games. 

How anyone can defend the subs this season or things like playing the same 11 players 4 times in a week last season etc... is beyond me. Its a squad game and changes have to be made at times. JF is poor in making them and often does them too late when he does. Doesnt mean he should be sacked but Im sick of seeing you blow smoke up his arse every week telling everyone how perfect he is, when you wont acknowledge ANY criticism. 

It’s not that I’m refusing to accept criticism , far from it .. I’m trying to give some balance to what I see as a bit of an overreaction 11 games in ..

where have I blown smoke ? When have I painted that picture ? Show me the post where I’ve said he’s perfect Flea? You won’t find one 

in terms of the bench from this season to last I’d say there are more attacking options available on the bench than the squad that finished last ? Is that a fair assessment or is that blowing smoke ?? 

So in answer to your question .. no ...JF hasn’t made a substitution that has affected a game as far as I can see .. in your book that makes him ‘tactically very very poor’  ?  

You can have a look back and find that post for me Flea? The one where I said he was perfect ?  ;)

11 minutes ago, awaydays said:

I hope you’re not suggesting I’m changing my tune based on a defeat Scot?

No awaydays .. you’ve been consistently negative from the start .... :D

21 minutes ago, Scot said:

It’s not that I’m refusing to accept criticism , far from it .. I’m trying to give some balance to what I see as a bit of an overreaction 11 games in ..

where have I blown smoke ? When have I painted that picture ? Show me the post where I’ve said he’s perfect Flea? You won’t find one 

in terms of the bench from this season to last I’d say there are more attacking options available on the bench than the squad that finished last ? Is that a fair assessment or is that blowing smoke ?? 

So in answer to your question .. no ...JF hasn’t made a substitution that has affected a game as far as I can see .. in your book that makes him ‘tactically very very poor’  ?  

You can have a look back and find that post for me Flea? The one where I said he was perfect ?  ;)

667 posts and whilst you have not called him perfect, can you show me a single post where you have pointed to something he has got wrong and could do better? 

A single post where you can put some constructive critisism about the manager or the team?

I can probably quote 300+ posts where you have defended him or bigged him up for all manner of things, from being ‘meticulous’ with his prep, to working all the hours under the sun. 

I can also point to you liking dozens of posts praising JF too, yet again, non where any critisism is due. 

My views are based on what Ive seen, heard and experienced. I praise the good and bring up the bad and try to remain balanced. You praise the good and shout down those bringing up the bad, based on your friendship.

How about you comment on JF’s frequent threats to walk out of the club? Made then all Pre-season did he not? You seem to want to gloss over things like that, or the time he told our leading goalscorer last season that he wouldnt play again for us with a dozen games to go.... That a sign of good leadership?

Fullerton has done a good job so far and if we end 9th its a successful season in my opinion. However, that doesnt mean he is free from criticism when he does things wrong. No one is having a pop or a personal dig at him, however it seems you wont allow any negative feedback go without some sort of comment, yet at the same time will blow his trumpet for any slight success or thing he does well (and there is a lot he does do right) 

A lot like with Positively Shaymen - I love that guys passion to bits, however his refusal to even acknowledge any slight negative started to ruin his credibility on here for some. You have now entered that same danger zone. You are letting your personal bias and friendship with JF cloud rational debate and thought. 

Edited by Flea

6 minutes ago, Flea said:

667 posts and whilst you have not called him perfect, can you show me a single post where you have pointed to something he has got wrong and could do better? 

A single post where you can put some constructive critisism about the manager or the team?

I can probably quote 300+ posts where you have defended him or bigged him up for all manner of things, from being ‘meticulous’ with his prep, to working all the hours under the sun. 

I can also point to you liking dozens of posts praising JF too, yet again, non where any critisism is due. 

My views are based on what Ive seen, heard and experienced. I praise the good and bring up the bad and try to remain balanced. You praise the good and shout down those bringing up the bad, based on your friendship.

How about you comment on JF’s frequent threats to walk out of the club? Made then all Pre-season did he not? You seem to want to gloss over things like that, or the time he told our leading goalscorer last season that he wouldnt play again for us with a dozen games to go.... That a sign of good leadership?

Fullerton has done a good job so far and if we end 9th its a succesful season in my opinion. However, that doesnt mean he is free from criticism when he does things wrong. No one is having a pop or a personal dig at him, however it seeme you wont allow any negative feedback go without some sort of comment, yet at the same time will blow his trumpet for any slight success or thing he does well (and there is a lot he does do right) 

A lot like with Positively Shaymen - I love that guys passion to bits, however his refusal to even acknowledge any slight negative started to ruin his credibility on here for some. You have now entered that same danger zone. You are letting your personal bias and friendship with JF cloud rational debate and thought. 

I’m not sure what the rules of engagement are here Flea but the last time I checked I’m allowed to post pretty much anything I like in post 1 or post 668? 

If that means I balance posts I think are overly negative then I’ll continue to do it thanks and if that gets your back up then that’s an issue for you not me. I’ve not ‘shouted down’ anyone so I’m not sure what you’re on about ? Unless disagreeing is shouting down ? 

Any post about being meticulous is only a statement of fact and not one exclusive to me .., listen to player interviews or folk that work with him.., that’s not ‘bigging him up’....purely stating a fact about how he operates ? I’m not sure why you seem so upset ? A lot of nonsense gets posted on here and I at least try and keep my posts civil.. and consistent.

If JF threatened to walk it wasn’t discussed on here unless I missed or can’t recall it ? If you refresh my memory then I’ll go back and have a look ? So if nothing was posted on here then how could I possibly ‘gloss over’ it  ??

As far as ‘credibility’ is concerned .., im not in the slightest bit interested in whether you think I’m credible Flea .. I’ve seen some fans sending some pretty distasteful stuff to each other on here (not necessarily you) so if a few don’t like what I post or don’t like me then that’s life .. they can block my posts or simply ignore me. 

6/7 months and I think the club has moved forward ....but is miles away from where it could be ... but regardless of whether you like it or not .. I won’t just join in some of the criticism just for the sake of it ...or to get credibility. 

I like your posts and I think your match summaries are excellent and I enjoy reading them but I’ll continue posting what I post and you can choose to read it ..  or not 

41 minutes ago, Scot said:

No awaydays .. you’ve been consistently negative from the start .... :D

You seem to have trouble with the word ‘realistic’

1 person likes this

2 hours ago, Flea said:

1 hour ago, Flea said:

If Fullarton deems Berrett & Lenighan good footballers?We have a problem.

Sorry to say this but Hibbs was better than the pair of them.

Good managers bounce back after a mauling.We will see if JF can do it on Saturday?

Edited by ashy1966
2 people like this

25 minutes ago, Flea said:

Fullerton has done a good job so far and if we end 9th its a succesful season in my opinion. However, that doesnt mean he is free from criticism when he does things wrong. No one is having a pop or a personal dig at him, however it seeme you wont allow any negative feedback go without some sort of comment, yet at the same time will blow his trumpet for any slight success or thing he does well (and there is a lot he does do right) 

And there are things that happen at a club that shouldn’t be discussed on public forums .. 

You seem to have info about a conversation with a striker ? I know absolutely nothing about that and that’s not ‘glossing’ over anything .. I just don’t know anything about it 

1 hour ago, Scot said:

in terms of the bench from this season to last I’d say there are more attacking options available on the bench than the squad that finished last ? I

You might as well have Salah, Kane and Vardy on the bench, but if they don`t get a kick they may as well be in the bar. 

Even TNV can see that JF has ballsed-up his substitutions (or more importantly, lack of them), and whilst he will get some lee-way as he is young and still (supposedly) learning his trade, this benevolence  won`t last for ever.

JF has signed some sub-standard players, and it may well be that he can develop and improve players, but leaving better ones on the bench or in the stands smacks of trying to prove a point to the detriment of the team as a whole. 

Talking the talk is fine, but I haven`t seen anything yet to suggest we are anything other than an average one-dimensional side. Money may tight, but why sign two inept midfielders (As if I need to name names...) when we would get better value spending the wages on one decent one?

I had to check the table after reading the threads on here tonight. What a load of old negative bollocks. Utterly depressing. I won't be coming on here all week. Come on Shaymen 

A week is a long time in politics.

It`s about 45 minutes in JGN1` s world:lol:B):lol:

Breaking news 

A football team plays crap and the other team play well. 

8 minutes ago, Angus said:

A week is a long time in politics.

It`s about 45 minutes in JGN1` s world:lol:B):lol:

Come on Angus my coat up. We are ninth. Quit the misery. Don’t let the miserable bastards on here drag you down 

11 games gone-1 point outside the play-offs,2 play-off rivals to take points off at our fortress,I was really pissed off on Saturday but having thought about it I want us challenging so every game fills me with excitement,Being REALISTIC to me means if we give it 100% every week-we WILL be a football league club again next season(Sorry DB-we had a club before 2008) if fans are happy with 11/12th in non-league football then we may aswell call it a day,

Even Yeovil & Burton have been to the Championship since we was last in the League

Being REALISTIC-it's 11 v 11 

1 person likes this

We’re not a bad side, but we’re certainly not a top 4 side either.

I think we recruited reasonably for the season, but seemed to go a bit overboard bringing in wingers rather than a real striker. Fullarton seems to see Southwell as a number 10, leaving us Edwards or Preston as the main striker - neither of who have looked like they’ll score 20 goals in a season.

Do agree with Flea’s comments about subs, football isn’t just about the 11 who start, in many occasions games are won or lost based on the changes made as the game goes on. Fullarton has used his subs very sparingly and we’ve conceded late goals too often already. Those facts seem connected IMO.

Having said that, I do think we can all see what Fullarton is aiming towards. When it works we’ve looked great at times, but no team will play well every game. We’re having a bit of a wobble now and it’s now that Fullarton proves his ability, not when things are all rosy.

2 people like this

15 hours ago, Scot said:

And there are things that happen at a club that shouldn’t be discussed on public forums .. 

You seem to have info about a conversation with a striker ? I know absolutely nothing about that and that’s not ‘glossing’ over anything .. I just don’t know anything about it 

That’s what fans forums are for is it not? Every conversation risks being put on the internet. Wether that makes it right or not is a whole different argument

2 people like this

5 hours ago, Luke said:

That’s what fans forums are for is it not? Every conversation risks being put on the internet. Wether that makes it right or not is a whole different argument

I think forums are for debate , observation , information and dare I say it ... a laugh 

but there are elements of the inner workings that shouldn’t be public knowledge ... like every business I spose.

if for example , DB confided in you about something at the club which was sensitive and you decided to open that up to a public forum then I don’t imagine much for information would make its way to you ! 

Contracts , wages , arguments , dressing room stuff .. all examples of information that should pretty much stay within the club ... in my opinion 

1 person likes this