HRLFC

142 posts in this topic

Fax have taken an absolute battering in the Super 8's, however its the result of what has been a successful season for them to get there. 

I'm really not sure what the "end game" is for them really, as realistically, with the Super League Clubs fighting for even more of a closed shop, getting into the 8's and taking a pasting is probably the best they can do. The difference between the best Championship clubs and the worst Super League ones is simply that huge that a club like Fax simply can't get themselves in a position to get promoted in reality. 

The sport is dying on its arse due to those running it killing the competitive nature that every sport needs. I just can't see a sustainable long term future for Fax (or many other clubs) outside of the top division. Whilst 4500-6000 (whatever the true attendance is) is very good for your average Halifax (both football and rugby) game and whilst accepting its a dead rubber, its played between two teams 20 miles apart with one of them arguably one of the biggest names in the sport. Theres teams in our division beating that attendance week in week out for normal league games. 

2 people like this

3 hours ago, Flea said:

Fax have taken an absolute battering in the Super 8's, however its the result of what has been a successful season for them to get there. 

I'm really not sure what the "end game" is for them really, as realistically, with the Super League Clubs fighting for even more of a closed shop, getting into the 8's and taking a pasting is probably the best they can do. The difference between the best Championship clubs and the worst Super League ones is simply that huge that a club like Fax simply can't get themselves in a position to get promoted in reality. 

The sport is dying on its arse due to those running it killing the competitive nature that every sport needs. I just can't see a sustainable long term future for Fax (or many other clubs) outside of the top division. Whilst 4500-6000 (whatever the true attendance is) is very good for your average Halifax (both football and rugby) game and whilst accepting its a dead rubber, its played between two teams 20 miles apart with one of them arguably one of the biggest names in the sport. Theres teams in our division beating that attendance week in week out for normal league games. 

15 miles apart.

6 hours ago, Erik Everhard said:

15 miles apart.

Depends on which part of halifax you live in ;)

2 people like this

Would imagine he means the distance from Headingley to The Shay.

1 person likes this

30 minutes ago, chadders said:

Would imagine he means the distance from Headingley to The Shay.

Google maps tells me that would be 20.4 miles at best.

Perhaps 15 miles is as the crow flies? Or Erik's microlight. Either one.

2 people like this

20 hours ago, nw3casc1 said:

I went today too.my granddaughter  she was one of Halifax RL bluebells cheerleaders...my grandson went too.

They loved it....

There was easy more than 4500..nearer 6000 tax fiddle or more like loads of free tickets...loads of local rugby team juniors there with parent's siddal Elland and Illingworth to name a few ..there were 90 cheer leaders too in the pitch...

Hate to say it..yes the atmosphere was superb..noise from the south stand and of course Leeds MOT...

Kids given free blue and white balloons.  Free blue and white face painting..

Our BOD need to learn a few lessons on engaging the Haliax public...

Rant over...glad rugby season is over, my grandkids want me to go again...

Oh and the club was packed selling merchandise...guess what I went yesterday yo the shay...I could not even buy them a bloody town scarf....

Sort it out BOD.. 

Please be advised scarves will be available tomorrow before the game along with other usual merchandise in the main reception of the East Stand.

15 minutes ago, chadders said:

Please be advised scarves will be available tomorrow before the game along with other usual merchandise in the main reception of the East Stand.

As the 'pop up' gone same way as old message board ?

16 hours ago, Flea said:

I'm not defending HRLFC but the reality is that our chances of promotion, without a large cash injection, is not much different.

We are competing against teams with larger supporter bases and people willing to back them financially.

The best we can do is flirt with the playoffs.

We are more likely to be a yo-yo team between North and National than gaining promotion to the Promised Land.

29 minutes ago, Hands Off The Shay said:

I'm not defending HRLFC but the reality is that our chances of promotion, without a large cash injection, is not much different.

We are competing against teams with larger supporter bases and people willing to back them financially.

We are more likely to be a yo-yo team between North and National than gaining promotion to the Promised Land.

About right and probably for the best.

35 minutes ago, Hands Off The Shay said:

Same circumstances has not stopped other clubs, Accrington for instance. Was looking good for us some weeks ago until Tommo got injured and now it looks like things have gone t1ts up.

1 person likes this

1 hour ago, Hands Off The Shay said:

Thats a fair point. Difference is there is potential to grow and one good season could see us move up the pyramid regardless of how unrealistic.

With RL, even a good season however wont get you near the SL for those outside of it. It is pretty much a closed shop already with those there now doing their best to nail that door shut. 

We could flirt with and get back into the FL with a bit of luck and/or money. Championship clubs in RL however have to not only have luck and money but do things at the right time, tick the right boxes and appease the right people. Odds are simply stacked too high. 

5 hours ago, chadders said:

It's ok bought two yesterday.

Thanks...

7 minutes ago, nw3casc1 said:

It's ok bought two yesterday.

Thanks...

Okay dokey that's fine but there is some confusion somewhere as I am assured we had scarves available on  Saturday ??

On 9/24/2018, 12:40:50, Flea said:

so huge that 3 championship clubs beat their super league counterparts this weekend? 

1 person likes this

3 full time championship sides full of SL players.

2 hours ago, swifty62 said:

3 full time championship sides full of SL players.

Where have you been hiding? 

been out in the sun.

1 person likes this