Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Maidstone thread

165 posts in this topic

Come you guys (miserable F@@@@@@s :) ) who were not excited before the Braintree game that after  the first two results  that your interest is now stirring for tomorrow’s game 

I am looking forward to it even thought I won’t be there 

I have made my travel bookings to be in the uk so I can be at the boreham wood game....yessss 

so looking forward to tomorrow’s game and the rest up to my first game of the season 

come on Shaymen 

Wanting hoping expecting a  win tomorrow 

nick

3 minutes ago, Nick said:

Come you guys (miserable F@@@@@@s :) ) who were not excited before the Braintree game that after  the first two results  that your interest is now stirring for tomorrow’s game 

I have made my travel bookings to be in the uk so I can be at the boreham wood game....yessss 

so looking forward to tomorrow’s game and the rest up to my first game of the season 

come on Shaymen 

nick

Wear a Napapijri so we know who you are...;)

Good effort mate BTW.

Sorry will be wearing town home shirt from the conference north promotion season ...  will have garner name on the back ... 

Don’t pocess a a napapijrI :) still to much of a tight fisted Yorkshire git  to spend that much money on a jacket when you buy a town shirt that protects you from 

rain sun cold and all manner of others things 

nick 

7E3749FC-EFAC-44E2-B4E6-3B6483465D9A.jpeg

2 people like this

8 hours ago, Nick said:

come on Shaymen 

nick

I am still not excited but I think that's my age and things I have going on at the moment. However, JF and the lads are helping me forget my worries a bit and are doing the business so far. A win tomorrow and I'll be really happy. If I wake up on Wednesday morning and we have won all four of our first four games it will be a case of Ey up, we might just have something here. I know it's a long shot and there is a long way to go but it would obviously be amazing for the fans and the club but it would also be a great send off for Sir George. I'm sure he'll be routing for us up in The Shay in the sky.

4 people like this

feeling good about the game today 

really feel the attitude is right, we seem to have a number of players who on the pitch and in the dressing room are driving the mentality of the team 

hope Kossy get a longer run out, 

think another 2-0 could be on the cards 

nick 

Save Kosylos cameo for Tuesday, let's see what McLeod has to offer

Posted (edited)

Up brekkie before heading off to the station. Looking forward to today, good performance and a win, let’s keep building on this confidence, winning is a great habit to have.

2-0 today and over 2000 crowd

C’MON TOWN!!!!!!!!!

Edited by LeedsShaymen

Maidstone have yet to lose themselves so it won't be an easy game. I do fancy us for the win. Can see it being either 1-0 or 2-1. Don't think there will be much in it.

10 minutes ago, AJS said:

Maidstone have yet to lose themselves so it won't be an easy game. I do fancy us for the win. Can see it being either 1-0 or 2-1. Don't think there will be much in it.

so that'll be 5-0 then! lol

9 minutes ago, chrisbo61 said:

so that'll be 5-0 then! lol

I got the scoreline right on Tuesday but a bit more indecisive about todays. So, it could easily be like the video Shaymen Stats posted for all we know

1 person likes this

First game for me due to shift work, looking forward to see how we have progressed from last season as now full-time.  Got me £20 note ready.  As above, I  fancy a narrow victory, 2-1.  

Stunton / Sellers  not 100% sure though ... 

2-1 town ... Maidstone penalty ...crowed 1885

Johnson, Hanson, Brown, Clarke, Duckworth, King, Maher, Tomlinson, Kosylo, Southwell, Edwards. Subs: Rowley, McLeod, Odelusi, Preston

No new signings and only 4 subs... Really down to bare numbers. Can't afford any injuries today

Chance for kossy to do his stuff

Why none of the youth team on bench...a defender?

That’s a very attacking lineup but strange that 3rd game of the season and we can’t fill the bench 

Posted (edited)

That team just shows how little depth we have at left back and centre mid

Edited by AJS

Their free-scoring right-winger (I think), Blair Turgott looks as if he could be playing against an unnatural left-back.

4 minutes ago, AJS said:

That team just shows how little depth we have at left back and centre mid

Pretty sure JF will get asked about that today

So little depth in this squad it’s unbelievable. 3 outfield players on bench. JF has gotta get someone before Tuesday!!

Ousman Cham has a squad number. Why isn’t he on the bench. What about these other ‘academy graduates who are now members of the first team squad’ that we keep hearing about. At least give them match day experience by sitting one on the bench, even if he isn’t going to play.

1 person likes this

4 minutes ago, andrich said:

Ousman Cham has a squad number. Why isn’t he on the bench. What about these other ‘academy graduates who are now members of the first team squad’ that we keep hearing about. At least give them match day experience by sitting one on the bench, even if he isn’t going to play.

Gone to brighouse on a season loan.