Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Fullarton Out!

111 posts in this topic

Hasn’t got a clue this bloke.

I know it’s still preseason and results don’t matter but really?

With the money we’re being charged, this ‘team’ of Fullarton’s players is the worst I’ve seen in 43 years.

Bring back Billy Heath, Darren Kelly or even give me a go.

I have a nasty feeling we might end up like Guiseley last season. About 40 players contracted and ten on loan (if we are allowed that many.)

There's always York away to look forward to next season.

Yawn. Get a grip. It's only a pre season friendly. Jeez. Message board meltdown!

3 people like this

Only a preseason friendly true, but we were really bad today

Whilst I admit that what I have read on here re our pre season results and performances doesn't fill me with confidence for the upcoming season I think the opening post is a tad harsh. I was worried when the decision was made to go full time may mean that we couldn't attract the right calibre of players due to financial restraints set by the board and the pricing structure of season tickets and from what has been posted on here we seem to be playing players out of position due to our inability to sign the right players for the right positions. I hope that Saturday will see an improvement and hopefully some points on the board. In JF we have to trust.

1 person likes this

21 minutes ago, awaydays said:

Hasn’t got a clue this bloke.

I know it’s still preseason and results don’t matter but really?

With the money we’re being charged, this ‘team’ of Fullarton’s players is the worst I’ve seen in 43 years.

Bring back Billy Heath, Darren Kelly or even give me a go.

Bring back Billy heath :rolleyes:  replace the man who kept us up with the man who was taking us down, makes sense

2 people like this

Completely agree with Pliny.  Be worried, be very worried.

We were made to look Sunday league today by a team from the league below.

His signings 

Preston - anonymous and subbed

Macleod- couldn't beat a man for the whole game, couldn't handle a high pressing game at all. Constantly giving the ball away or hospital passes and ran around like a headless chicken.

Staunton - not a midfielder and showed it by playing in defence for the first half inviting Boston to attack.

Maher - sideways or backwards all match not competitive nor creative.

Southwell- if he can't impact a game against league below opposition as a lone striker how is he going to against National League. His goal only came when Boston had replaced half their team. Did nothing otherwise.

King was an improvement in midfield.

Sellers was a huge improvement at LB, because Hanley? was garbage  and did not have a clue.

The only constants were last season's remnants Tomlinson, Brown.

Kosylo didn't get the ball (why didn't he take the free kick?)

Johnson looks a shadow of the keeper he was. Distribution awful and really  bad at set pieces.

That was my first visit today, I have thought about buying a season ticket before today even though I will miss a least 5 home games. However there isn't a hope in hell.

Not sure what the players are doing in training, but it's not tackling or keeping the ball under pressure. If I were them I would be ashamed.

Absolute drivel.

I wouldn’t go as far as saying Fullarton Out but I do think his recruitment/playing people out of position has been an issue.

I do think if we have a poor start to the season, fans will get on his back quickly due to prices and higher expectations because of full time football. 

One thing for sure is, we need the best week of training of all time if we are going to stand any chance next week based off today. Embarrassed by that performance 

Surprised by how bad we were, Boston far superior in every single department. With just one week to go I would have thought Fullarton would play the 11 he expects to start at Braintree. Kosylo on the bench again, is he off soon or is it some kind of dastardly plan Fullarton is playing? I have seen Town play very well and beat teams from higher divisions in the past only to go on and have terrible seasons, hopefully it works the opposite way this time. I have said before, start the season well or The Shay is going to be a very lonely place at £20 a throw.

1 person likes this

come on Scot, the natives are restless, come and give us a reason to be confident going forward! 

No reason for calling for any manager's head at this point of the season unless he's attacked someone in the pub, pissed in the captain's shoes or whatever, but it'd be nice if Fullarton were flanked with a "bad cop" character who could discipline this side into senior, competitive football.

3 people like this

7 minutes ago, Shaytrev said:

Surprised by how bad we were, Boston far superior in every single department. With just one week to go I would have thought Fullarton would play the 11 he expects to start at Braintree. Kosylo on the bench again, is he off soon or is it some kind of dastardly plan Fullarton is playing? I have seen Town play very well and beat teams from higher divisions in the past only to go on and have terrible seasons, hopefully it works the opposite way this time. I have said before, start the season well or The Shay is going to be a very lonely place at £20 a throw.

I'm not worried Trev. You've spent the last 4 months telling us how Fullarton is the Messiah. I'm sure we'll be fine. 

And no, before you say it, I don't want to see Billy Heath back or Hoof Ball.

Edited by never_shay_die

Just now, never_shay_die said:

I'm not worried Trev. You've spent the last 4 months telling us how Fullarton is the Messiah. I'm sure we'll be fine. 

He saved us from the drop last season, your hero Heath was a disaster, remember?

Just now, Shaytrev said:

He saved us from the drop last season, your hero Heath was a disaster, remember?

Dammit, I didn't edit my last post quickly enough :lol:

Heath was no hero of mine. Unsure why you keep saying that? 

But as I say, no reason to be worried. You've told us all that JF is the man. I hope you're right. Just as you were about Morgan...

Fullarton deserves his chance. If we end up struggling perhaps the finger of blame should be pointed at the board who have failed to embrace the fans in 10 years.

2 people like this

Neil Aspin has gone on record saying he hates the final pre season game a week before the season and would rather not play one. Players tend to go through the motions and managers are praying for no injuries. Hope today was evidence of that. 

1 minute ago, AFC Halifax said:

Neil Aspin has gone on record saying he hates the final pre season game a week before the season and would rather not play one. Players tend to go through the motions and managers are praying for no injuries. Hope today was evidence of that. 

EXACTLY!!!!

I almost posted the same but thought against it for fear of ignorant backlash citing “they’re full time footballers don’t be ridiculous they should be putting 100% in every match”. But fact is there will most certainly be thoughts in the back of a lot of players’ minds that they want to be fit and available for the first match. Plus at this level you simply aren’t going to get a great performance from every player every game. McLeod has had positive things said about him till today. Southwell May wel not have dominated but he gets goals. 

Give them and the manager chance. This place almost feels though there are people waiting to gleefully leap in as soon as there’s a setback. 

Most of us are old enough to know better

1 person likes this

10 minutes ago, Redcard said:

Fullarton deserves his chance. If we end up struggling perhaps the finger of blame should be pointed at the board who have failed to embrace the fans in 10 years.

10 years of pain ?

28 minutes ago, AFC Halifax said:

Problem with that is that the next to last game would then be the last game of the season with the same problem....

1 minute ago, Flea said:

Problem with that is that the next to last game would then be the last game of the season with the same problem....

Longer recovery time I suppose-but even so I'm sure Boston wanted no injuries either,I'm looking forward to our 0-0 at Braintree,day out innit :lol:

3 minutes ago, GLPFCHT said:

Longer recovery time I suppose-but even so I'm sure Boston wanted no injuries either,I'm looking forward to our 0-0 at Braintree,day out innit :lol:

After today's debacle, I'd gladly take a 0-0 draw at Braintree. 

Halifax courier said that there are going to be 2 or more signings that could happen

I would be happy with a point at Braintree followed by two wins at home. Can’t wait for this promotion season. Stop with all this doom and gloom!