Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

The New Season

23 posts in this topic

I really don't want to be negative, but this must surely rate as one of the worst build ups for the new season as I can ever remember. The web site tells you next to nothing, The managers statements are so bland it beggers belief. How they try to generate enthusiasm to attend matches for the people of Halifax is just beyond me. With one pre season game to go are we putting out a team to meet the rigours of conference football or are we going right up to next Friday with trialists instead of two players, one who even hasn't kicked a ball as yet. The fans I believe require respect and should be kept informed of basic activity within the club, other clubs do it well and are at a far lower level in the football hierarchy than town. Still after 50 years of supporting the Shaymen I wish them all the luck for the coming season. The Entertainer.

4 people like this

4 minutes ago, The Entertainer said:

I really don't want to be negative, but this must surely rate as one of the worst build ups for the new season as I can ever remember. The web site tells you next to nothing, The managers statements are so bland it beggers belief. How they try to generate enthusiasm to attend matches for the people of Halifax is just beyond me. With one pre season game to go are we putting out a team to meet the rigours of conference football or are we going right up to next Friday with trialists instead of two players, one who even hasn't kicked a ball as yet. The fans I believe require respect and should be kept informed of basic activity within the club, other clubs do it well and are at a far lower level in the football hierarchy than town. Still after 50 years of supporting the Shaymen I wish them all the luck for the coming season. The Entertainer.

It took a fan to post the fixtures on here for me to access them.

They should be there for all to see when you click on fixtures. Not having to click on fixtures then a drop down thingy then another option etc. 

Yes, we need more info on new recruits. Lots of things just don't make sense. Real common sense things. Did DB really think that the club would sell the same amount of season tickets as last season? Surely not. DB is a shrewd man. Surely he knew that he would have e to fork out of his own pocket/the club's coffers for new recruits until the season starts and we hopefully get a few wins on board.

I still don't think it's the worst season for info though. I think it was a Conference North season and there was nothing for weeks and weeks, no kit info or anything.

1 hour ago, The Entertainer said:

Clown 

8 hours ago, Luckybounce said:

Clown 

Oh dear....billy smart 

I see we have a new Italian player lined up today on trial someone called Charlie Cairoli .

27 minutes ago, Forever a Shayman said:

I see we have a new Italian player lined up today on trial someone called Charlie Cairoli 

:D:D:D

Edited by SHAY man

As I write this, we are currently 2 - 0 down at home to Boston FC, a club again from a lower league. Unfortunately I couldn't make todays game due to other commitments. However, later tonight I will follow this up and unless there is a dramatic change to what I'm reading and listening to then the writing is on the wall!!!!! It's going to be a long cold winter. I hope i'm pleasantly surprised but somehow I dont think I will be???

16 hours ago, The Entertainer said:

What the hell has it got to do with supporters,treat them with the contempt they deserve ......yours thanks for your brass-David

1 person likes this

1 hour ago, GLPFCHT said:

What the hell has it got to do with supporters,treat them with the contempt they deserve ......yours thanks for your brass-David

I heard some positive comments about Duncan McLeod, Maher and Staunton. Erm, yes, erm I think that's about it. Despite the fact I do think his financial leadership is just what we need our club has finally become as dour as our chairman.

4 minutes ago, Erik Everhard said:

I heard some positive comments about Duncan McLeod, Maher and Staunton. Erm, yes, erm I think that's about it. Despite the fact I do think his financial leadership is just what we need our club has finally become as dour as our chairman.

Duncan ?

4 minutes ago, Wilder Bollox said:

Duncan ?

we must have signed him today......but then it´s a bit early in the day for Erik (joking Erik)

Edited by Steve Lanzarote
1 person likes this

Just now, Steve Lanzarote said:

we must have signed him today......but then it´s a bit early in the day for Erik (joking Erik)

I've heard he's out of hospital

Glad I haven’t parted with £340 to watch that for the season

6 minutes ago, Luke said:

Glad I haven’t parted with £340 to watch that for the season

Be difficult if you had given your new role eh Luke? !!! 

£340 is the cheapest way to watch every game so I'm glad that I have forked out £340

2 people like this

12 minutes ago, AFC Halifax said:

Selling yer gran !!!

24 minutes ago, AFC Halifax said:

True! If I had stayed up north, I would have been in 2 minds. The team has regressed on last season, and I don’t have the blind faith in Fullarton as others do. He’s unproven at this level and shown nothing to suggest otherwise. He’s now in men’s football, supporters paying £20 a time aren’t prepared to watch him try turn a CB into a CM who needs 3 touches to get the ball out of his feet. Would happily be proved wrong, but on the 2 games I’ve seen (Stockport and today) I’m not convinced

2 people like this

17 minutes ago, Wilder Bollox said:

Selling yer gran 

Edited by Luke

3 hours ago, Wilder Bollox said:

Duncan ?

Yes, it's Mehdi's new name. Duncan McLeod was the lead character in Highlander. 

2 minutes ago, Erik Everhard said:

Yes, it's Mehdi's new name. Duncan McLeod was the lead character in Highlander. 

Have we found the one viewer ?

23 minutes ago, Wilder Bollox said:

Have we found the one viewer ?

There can be only one.