Boston Thread

169 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, Wilder Bollox said:

Is bowls even a sport ? 

Marbles for pensioners 

Posted (edited)

13 hours ago, Wilder Bollox said:

Is bowls even a sport ? 

Crown Green Bowling is one of the most competitive sports I've played. Unfortunately I took it up a bit late in life to be a good un. I didn't start playing until i was 55. The youngsters coming in to the game is a testament to how good the sport is. I am at present playing 6 competitive league games a week besides practicing. At the top end of the game bowlers like Elland lad Graeme Wilson are said to be making £30,000 a season in prize money. Don't knock things you know nothing about.

13 hours ago, Wilder Bollox said:

Edited by born to moan
2 people like this

8 hours ago, born to moan said:

I didn't start while I was 55. 

Were you 56?

2 people like this

Hadn't realised that you got payed to play, you could invest your earnings in a season ticket :P

13 hours ago, Scot said:

I could hear him on the commentary....what's all that about ? 

Sorry Scott, can you elaborate on commentary? I was at the match so missed it.

1 hour ago, Wilder Bollox said:

Hadn't realised that you got payed to play, you could invest your earnings in a season ticket :P

I said at the top end of the game, I'm far from the top end of the game.:(

1 minute ago, Macam blue said:

I listen online through the website. At one point you could hear a guy booing and shouting some abuse. It was hard to make out exactly what he was saying but the commentator did say 'Apologies to any listeners who heard any obscenities there'

Listen , folk pay their money and thy are entitled to have their opinion but booing pre season?  Why not just save up all your money and buy loads of tickets for the Panto and get all that booing out of your system? :D 

1 person likes this

13 hours ago, johngrantsnumber1 said:

I tell you what. Let’s all just give up. We’re going down. What’s the point. End of the world is near. 

8C1C9518-E03E-4712-B3F0-DC96ED585AA9.jpeg

2 people like this

6 minutes ago, Macam blue said:

I was sat very close to the guy who made the comments. He randomly booed a player making a mistake and then said "What a waste of money Fullarton" and then proceeded to boo again at the next mistake. He then shut up when everyone started having a go at him saying it was only a pre-season friendly.

Saying that in the second half he was at it again saying "Get Kosylo on Fullarton". I can understand his frustration as we were terrible yesterday but it was a little over the top for a friendly

13 hours ago, johngrantsnumber1 said:

I tell you what. Let’s all just give up. We’re going down. What’s the point. End of the world is near. 

Well according to google translate it is....some of their world translations have gone a bit of askew  and translating as the end of the world.

15 minutes ago, Scot said:

I listen online through the website. At one point you could hear a guy booing and shouting some abuse. It was hard to make out exactly what he was saying but the commentator did say 'Apologies to any listeners who heard any obscenities there'

Listen , folk pay their money and thy are entitled to have their opinion but booing pre season?  Why not just save up all your money and buy loads of tickets for the Panto and get all that booing out of your system? :D 

Ah yes, I also heard the booing, 1 person only that I could see. I thought you were referring to something in Josh Mac,s commentary.:doh:

I must say I will miss Mike Sharman's (our departing Club Secretary) commentary when I cannot get to games. He was very even & impartial in his views & gave a clear indication on how we were playing.

1 person likes this

The guy shouted "what a waste of money Fullarton" and then started to boo. I asked him as he left his seat for half time I asked him if he was leaving. He gleefully said yes and promptly returned 15 minutes later to watch the second half! 

Whilst I've never booed a town team in my life I can empathise with the frustration demonstrated by the booee. I wonder if he'll return. I know I'm in two minds at the moment. What am I saying?! Of course I'll come back! We're just gluttons for punishment! 

Barrow lost 2-0 to BPA yesterday apparently there finishing is terrible and have no cutting edge in front of goal whatsoever.

3 hours ago, Forever a Shayman said:

Barrow lost 2-0 to BPA yesterday apparently there finishing is terrible and have no cutting edge in front of goal whatsoever.

That sounds familiar. The midfield was possibly ineffective also. 

Now where did I watch a game like that recently?

Liam King to Tonbridge Angels....bit of a strange one.

1 hour ago, Steve Lanzarote said:

Liam King to Tonbridge Angels....bit of a strange one.

A totally different Liam King , younger and a striker!

31 minutes ago, haldo said:

A totally different Liam King , younger and a striker!

That explains it....thought it was strange.

8 hours ago, Macam blue said:

Ah yes, I also heard the booing, 1 person only that I could see. I thought you were referring to something in Josh Mac,s commentary.:doh:

I must say I will miss Mike Sharman's (our departing Club Secretary) commentary when I cannot get to games. He was very even & impartial in his views & gave a clear indication on how we were playing.

His name sounded like Shaymen too.