Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Not Excited.

114 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, Flea said:

How many can we name currently?

Not sure if we can get 16

14. I would think that there will be another 3 signed on but not announced for whatever daft reason.

Getting really anxious there are teams lower down the leauges  loaning out class players from EFL. We haven't got many from higher up. If we are not careful we could have no chance !!!

DB says we couldn’t be any leaner. That means poor pay and perks and players going elsewhere.

10 hours ago, Redcard said:

DB says we couldn’t be any leaner. That means poor pay and perks and players going elsewhere.

No, it means that overheads are kept as low as possible, ie. costs incurred through employment and deployment of admin and backroom staff, media, etc, not necessarily players and management.

On 26/07/2018, 13:21:29, Erik Everhard said:

Normally around this time of pre season I am excited and can't wait for the season to start. However, at the moment, I am not feeling it at all. I am hoping that it will change sometime next week and I start to feel the pre match tension and butterflies in my stomach.

Is there anyone else that feels the same as me at the moment or are other fans excited?

That is how I felt this time last year and, frankly, throughout most of the season. I have managed to rekindle some of my enthusiasm for this campaign due to the change in management direction and playIng style. I’m just hoping that this plays out successfully next Saturday, in the first instance, and that this is not simply a false dawn.

2 people like this

22 hours ago, mj85 said:

all Conference clubs HAVE to have 16 players registered 14 days before the first league game though, or face fines. 

Strange one because you might have 16 players registered then sell 4 players in that 14 day period

Looking forward to the season starting so we can stop listening to Fullarton’s post friendly match interviews. He may as well say to the students - who aren’t exactly probing or insightful with their questioning - “look, I’m going to give the same answer to the same question you asked last time, so save us all some time”.

Hoping he just hates pre-season and he’ll be a bit more worth listening to once the season starts, because so far he’s been irritating.

I do miss the Cheshire - Aspin interviews. Glory years of Shaymen Player.

1 hour ago, FortressShay said:

Looking forward to the season starting so we can stop listening to Fullarton’s post friendly match interviews. He may as well say to the students - who aren’t exactly probing or insightful with their questioning - “look, I’m going to give the same answer to the same question you asked last time, so save us all some time”.

Hoping he just hates pre-season and he’ll be a bit more worth listening to once the season starts, because so far he’s been irritating.

I do miss the Cheshire - Aspin interviews. Glory years of Shaymen Player.

Tend to read the transcripts rather than listening however it appears his interviews are just a mix of joining words, inter-dispersed with footballing jargon/meaningless phrases.

"We need to _________, but at the end of the day ___________. _______ had a good 90 minutes with lots of ________ and _______. At the end of the day, we showed real ______ despite ______"

This could, for example, become either of the following:

"We need to stand up and be counted, but at the end of the day we take each came as it comes. Browny had a good 90 minutes with lots of energy and desire. At the end of the day, we showed real character despite the weather"

or

"We need to show the fans what we're made of, but at the end of the day we take the positives out of that one. Tomo had a good 90 minutes with lots of passion and commitment. At the end of the day, we showed real battle despite the 7-0 loss".

4 people like this

Jamie could quote the Qu'ran backwards for all I care. 

As long as he gets his tactics right then that's all that matters. He doesn't have to be the most vocal either. Bob Paisley was a quiet man and look what he achieved. 

3 hours ago, Icke's Lizard said:

As long as he gets his tactics right then that's all that matters. He doesn't have to be the most vocal either. Bob Paisley was a quiet man and look what he achieved. 

Agreed....the manager could be a stand up comedian and a life long Halifax fan who kisses the badge and has the most interesting and engaging patter ever in every interview .... but if they get pumped 4-0 every week then none of it matters.

This is about results .. if they are going well then no one gives a monkeys if you crack jokes or say nothing .... but when things start sliding , people start latching on to anything.

That said , there’s an opportunity to go down and meet him on Wednesday so fans are quite entitled to tell him their opinion on the club,the team, on football ... and interviews :)

2 people like this

“I think it’s burst the bubble of reality."

Glad we've got that cleared up, Jamie. 

5 hours ago, Icke's Lizard said:

careful youll have trev frothing at the mouth! 

1 person likes this

5 minutes ago, chrisbo61 said:

He was like that when we got here.

2 people like this

8 minutes ago, chrisbo61 said:

Mashallah. 

1 person likes this

20 minutes ago, chrisbo61 said:

Why is that?

2 hours ago, Shaytrev said:

Why is that?

ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha just guessing! 

However, that double bacon cheese burger Nuneaton do is still hands down the best grub I've ever had at any football ground ever. 

7 minutes ago, Flea said:

However, that double bacon cheese burger Nuneaton do is still hands down the best grub I've ever had at any football ground ever. 

Was it Braintree away where you went to a van called 'Mr Chips' and they had a sign saying "Sorry, we've run out of chips" ?

2 people like this

2 hours ago, Icke's Lizard said:

Was it Braintree away where you went to a van called 'Mr Chips' and they had a sign saying "Sorry, we've run out of chips" ?

That was Eastleigh.

Also had milk that was off.

1 person likes this

3 hours ago, Flea said:

Better than the shepherds pie at Kiddy? 

13 minutes ago, AFC Halifax said:

After hearing about their famous Shepherds pie, I put a fiver aside to buy one the last time we played them. I went to the stall just as Tom Denton scored which was about half an hour in and they had run out!! Got a chicken pie instead that was full of rice!! 

It was ok seeing as iall the carbs soaked up the ale I'd supped, but 15 months on I'm still largely dissapointed and underwhelmed. 

Edited by Icke's Lizard
1 person likes this

11 minutes ago, AFC Halifax said:

The kiddy pie is nice, but you hit a wall eating it about two thirds of the way through and at times can be dry.

That burger at Nuneaton however is top notch. 

On 26/07/2018, 17:26:03, percy shaw said:

6 minutes ago, Flea said:

The kiddy pie is nice, but you hit a wall eating it about two thirds of the way through and at times can be dry.

That burger at Nuneaton however is top notch. 

Going back a few years ago. But the bacon double cheeseburger at grays was top notch. A bit pricey at the time.   I remember, a now London based Shaymen purchasing several at one match!

Edited by shaymen down under