Absolutely Choked

129 posts in this topic

No danger in the first half, clearly superior, half time team talk must have blown it, looked like a pub team with all those long balls.

1 person likes this

19 minutes ago, Shaymen Stats said:

IMG_20180711_212737.jpg

The better Team won 

2 people like this

17 minutes ago, Shaymen Stats said:

IMG_20180711_212737.jpg

Complete epitome of a Tit.

“Shouldn’t be losing to a country that didn’t exist”......

yawn. That’s exactly the kind of arrogance that England USED to show and didn’t do in their preparation and execution during this tournament. 

4 people like this

Simply not good enough when it mattered. Should have taken those  chances in the first half. Nobody can say that Croatia did not deserve that Victory. 

Harry Kane's only contribution in the last 2 games was to to roll about,World Class ? :lol::lol::lol:

1 person likes this

Yes we beat Tunisia and Panama and we scrapped past Colombia on Penalties... but lost to two decent teams  being Belgium reserves and Croatia.        We are a long way from being a top world side

1 person likes this

Good first half, well on top, and should have been 2-0 up. Second half, we sat back too much and played long ball. Nobody can disagree that over the course of 120 minutes, the better team won

It's been a great tournement this team will get better. Every single member of that starting 11 baring Young has another 2 world cups in them some maybe more. We forget just exactly how young they are. We stumbled tonight but the pressure on them must have been immense they can only benefit from that experiance as far as i'm concerned. I'm dissapointed but proud. 

My only annoyence is will we ever get a better chance. Chances are we will have to beat Germany, spain. Etc next time around 

As suspected loyalty to Sterling, Ali & Lingard has cost us, Kane was up there virtually on his own. We also have no Modric to pull the strings & don't see one on the horizon unfortunately. The good news is football will be handed back to real fans again & beer will be kept in glasses to be drunk.

2 minutes ago, Roy Race said:

As suspected loyalty to Sterling, Ali & Lingard has cost us, Kane was up there virtually on his own. We also have no Modric to pull the strings & don't see one on the horizon unfortunately. The good news is football will be handed back to real fans again & beer will be kept in glasses to be drunk.

I bet some of them beers in Hyde Park was £5+ a pint - disgusting scenes :lol:

2 people like this

It was good chance missed but overall you have to be happy. I think too many people got carried away and will feel worse for it, we still had 2 very good teams to beat. 

Its all ifs and buts now and I'm sure the experts will analyise the game to death but the bottom line us we fell short in all areas sadly.

Happy with the Semi Final? Hell Yeah! 

Losing to Croatia rather the usual Germany, Brazil, France etc? No

1 person likes this

Need a Collins in midfield.

1 person likes this

Happy losing to a country with a population 14 times smaller than ours, not me. Blew it big time.

1 person likes this

58 minutes ago, shaycrazy said:

Simply not good enough when it mattered. Should have taken those  chances in the first half. Nobody can say that Croatia did not deserve that Victory. 

About the size of it. 

1 minute ago, Shaytrev said:

Happy losing to a country with a population 14 times smaller than ours, not me. Blew it big time.

Not about size of country as proved by Iceland 2 years ago. Are you not happy with how far we have come since then? We now have a team for the future. 

Don't be forgetting. Croatia have a Barcelona midfeilder a Real Madrid midfielder. A Juventus striker. With vast vast experiance just between the 3 of them. We have just got what i think will be a vital bit of experiance for this team. Its dissapointing right now for sure but that will only help and inspire this team. 

Think positive. We have a national team to be proud of again. 

1 person likes this

Here in the end memories of this WC will be Kane tearing the net out various times and Maguire's header vs Sweden etc but this is the best chance we'll e er get of winning the World Cup. We could do France over one game (cos it's one game ;)) 

Bit like FC Halifax Town blowing their only chance of ever reaching Wembley

1 person likes this

8 minutes ago, Greggs said:

Not about size of country as proved by Iceland 2 years ago. Are you not happy with how far we have come since then? We now have a team for the future. 

Don't be forgetting. Croatia have a Barcelona midfeilder a Real Madrid midfielder. A Juventus striker. With vast vast experiance just between the 3 of them. We have just got what i think will be a vital bit of experiance for this team. Its dissapointing right now for sure but that will only help and inspire this team. 

Think positive. We have a national team to be proud of again. 

As in 1990. We didn't even qualify four years later!

1 person likes this

4 minutes ago, Wilder Bollox said:

Bit like FC Halifax Town blowing their only chance of ever reaching Wembley

When we changed the team against Gateshead?

We all then know what happened 2 years later....

Just now, Shaymus said:

As in 1990. We didn't even qualify four years later!

And you believe that is going to happen again? 

Right back scores a worldy freekick on 5 mins. For the remaining 85 mins, Sterling lingard Ali Kane and rashford were not able to create and execute a single chance against Croatia (who I do not regard as one of the top sides in the world). That is why we lost, cos the players are not good enough. Not cos of bad referee decisions, best player injured or a hard draw. However, the aforementioned players are the best we have. Just not good enough. No recriminations. Simple.

2 people like this

Posted (edited)

17 minutes ago, Flea said:

When we changed the team against Gateshead?

We all then know what happened 2 years later....

Wrexham (in the 2014/15 QF) but the point stands ;)

The start unfortunately of the end of Lord Aspin's reign when he fielded at team of players like David Mellor. Where even is he these days!? 

Edited by Shaymen Stats