Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Away kit

58 posts in this topic

The Canberra Raiders play in green, when the ground is full it looks brilliant.

The Big and Mean Green Machine.  Unfortunately we keep losing.

Green is no good, you can't see the trees for the grass

The green one doesn't feature the famous Adidas three stripes so it's a no from me. Apart from the Wembley kit, I haven't bought a replica shirt in 20 years so I'm sure no one is bothered what I think. :) 

1 person likes this

37 minutes ago, Che Bentos said:

The green one doesn't feature the famous Adidas three stripes so it's a no from me. Apart from the Wembley kit, I haven't bought a replica shirt in 20 years so I'm sure no one is bothered what I think. :) 

They are down the side of the body 

2 hours ago, Che Bentos said:

So that was a waste of about 5 mins of your life posting that Che Bentos.:huh::huh:

1 person likes this

12 hours ago, halifaxmark said:

Don't see why we have 3 kits but all 3 are very nice 

We have played in some right kit mix concoctions this last season to try and avoid clashes! Blue and yellow together was an interesting one, so i can see how the 3rd kit can be of use! 

12 minutes ago, Davidneilbuckley said:

We have played in some right kit mix concoctions this last season to try and avoid clashes! Blue and yellow together was an interesting one, so i can see how the 3rd kit can be of use! 

I should imagine the white one may come into play when other teams goalkeepers are wearing green? 

Would imagine that two different sponsors would be wanting equal match time ( if they are both putting the same money into the pot )

3 people like this

26 minutes ago, Steve Lanzarote said:

So that was a waste of about 5 mins of your life posting that Che Bentos.:huh::huh:

And he was wrong about the three stripes :doh:

Just had another look at this new green away kit and I still don't like it. I fact I would go as far as to say it's one of the worst Town kits I've ever seen.

It reminds me of an old Admiral kit as well, which I don't like either.

They should have gone for a white kit with an orange sash, similar to the Peru kit.

So 3 kits this year? They really are trying to bleed the fans dry.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

6 minutes ago, Erik Everhard said:

Just had another look at this new green away kit and I still don't like it. I fact I would go as far as to say it's one of the worst Town kits I've ever seen.

They should have gone for a white kit with an orange sash, similar to the Peru kit.

I’m not keen, either, mostly because of the Admiral-style chest-shoulder affair. It still seems that any tangerine element is taboo. The best green kit is Nigeria away.

Edited by themanwhowasntthere
1 person likes this

8 minutes ago, Erik Everhard said:

Surely you could look at it as - variety being the spice of life?! You aren't forced to buy one and now you can choose.... I for one do not buy both home and away kit year in year out, i choose the one i favour? Surely the same will still be apply for when we have 3?

1 minute ago, Davidneilbuckley said:

Surely you could look at it as - variety being the spice of life?! You aren't forced to buy one and now you can choose.... I for one do not buy both home and away kit year in year out, i choose the one i favour? Surely the same will still be apply for when we have 3?

Agreed - no one is forced to buy any shirt, never mind three of them. Part of me thinks overkill, but then it also gives us more options to actually avoid kit clashes, which we have never seemed to be very good at.

Posted (edited)

7 hours ago, Davidneilbuckley said:

I look at it this way David, when the fans wanted a 3rd shirt, a black and white striped one for the 100 year anniversary, the club went dead as usual, or the usual, this is a new club. 

You can't have it all one way. 

Also, yes you are right, I dont have to buy one and funnily enough I'm not but I can voice my opinion of the kit on this site. Which is all I'm doing.

It's like a 1980 Norwich kit. Dreadful.

Edited by Erik Everhard
1 person likes this

The third kit is a direct consequence of the change to full time football. 

I am suprised that the club haven't cottoned on to how many away shirts they'd sell by pursuing a tangerine/blue combo. And not that illuminous type like last year (with black).

3 people like this

52 minutes ago, SteveM said:

The third kit is a direct consequence of the change to full time football. 

How you work that out ?

6 minutes ago, away_day_blues said:

I am suprised that the club haven't cottoned on to how many away shirts they'd sell by pursuing a tangerine/blue combo. And not that illuminous type like last year (with black).

We all agree,but falls foul of the board's old club syndrome.

1 person likes this

52 minutes ago, eddies mate said:

How you work that out ?

If we’re spending more we need to earn more, simple as that. More shirts will equal more sales

1 person likes this

Three kits!!

Are we a premier league club now?

Sure home and away would suffice 

I would also like to see tangerine introduced to our kits but I guess that would associate us with Halifax town FC and may be the reason why not?

In fact I guess we should be grateful we still play in our blue home kit

1 hour ago, SteveM said:

If we’re spending more we need to earn more, simple as that. More shirts will equal more sales

And more sponsorship money 

42 minutes ago, AFC Halifax said:

And more sponsorship money 

Potentially, although I wouldn’t mind betting that the deals that are signed are based around a number of “wearings” per season and unless we go on a mad cup run or two the number of games won’t change significantly 

1 hour ago, SteveM said:

Not sure many will buy the white one...is it any different from the relegation season away kit.../  hardly memorable.