Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Preston

55 posts in this topic

24 minutes ago, Erik Everhard said:

Great. At least Sammi looks half decent.

I hope he's bringing some decent defenders in.

I Think that's a positive report on Preston. Sounds like a player in their  d JF has set himself the task of bringing it out on a more regular basis 

48 minutes ago, AFC Halifax said:

Nice kid, has got bags of talent but a luxury player and can play well once then missing a few which is like a lot of non league I guess. Someday a brilliant but can be very frustrating 
Top kid tho

Not a out and out striker wide of a 3 maybe Winger or in behind front 2

From a former team mate of Jordan Preston 

Fair assessment from MrL

1 person likes this

Sometimes it "clicks" for players at certain clubs or under certain managers/styles.

Take Forlan when at Man Utd. Quite simply a superbly talented player, yet for whatever reason he couldn't hit a barn door for Utd. If these are lads that JF has worked with before and knows their game, then it may well be a case that these goal records improve under his way of playing.

I also get the feeling that Preston may be playing behind a front man or front two and be more a creative spark. Lots of people always mocked the likes of Heskey for his lack of goals, yet his play was about creating space for others and causing problems for the defence. Goals are important in an attackers resume, but lets not be writing anyone off before a ball is kicked.

I know next to nothing about these new lads coming in, having probably seen all of them a combined total of 10 times if that. I assume most will be in the same boat - apart from the person who has actually brought them to the club, so lets trust his plan and judgement and support him and see how it goes. 

3 people like this

is it not a little ironic that when Heath did the same thing he was berated for it? 

As ever with wide attacking players, it’s about consistency. When he’s on his game, he’s a handful, when he’s not, he’s a passenger. Good, exciting addition if we can get the consistency.