Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Preston

55 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, woody said:

The things and opinions touted about Macca when he signed were quite negative and look how that ended up !! 

Exactly, Preston won't set the world on fire but he's a solid hard working player that will bring more to the squad than some of the 'players' that 'hopefully' we won't sign 

From a Guiseley fan st work......Jordan plays when he wants and has a high opinion of himself. I spoke to Dayle on many occasions, very nice lad and articulate.  Works hard, makes intelligent runs and can finish. Too good for Northern league. May make it in the league again...Many levels above Fondop in my opinion. Gutted but knew he'd go.

We need to sign a few more to get the crowd figure up because at £20 a game we will have most fans following matches at home - or attending Hudds, Burnley, Bfd City, Leeds etc to save money. Average gate  last season 1,700, this season with fewer away fans 1,200 and 7,000 priced out of games. Winning football won’t get Hfx fans paying the leagues top prices. Sad but true. Diehards on this forum refuse to accept that fact. Most Hfx folk will pay £20 now and again but not every other week in winter. Enjoy the season it’s a one-off. The board will quit citing poor support and let’s hope there is a new money man ready to have a bash after10 years of fan neglect.

2 people like this

1 minute ago, Redcard said:

We need to sign a few more to get the crowd figure up because at £20 a game we will have most fans following matches at home - or attending Hudds, Burnley, Bfd City, Leeds etc to save money. Average gate  last season 1,700, this season with fewer away fans 1,200 and 7,000 priced out of games. Winning football won’t get Hfx fans paying the leagues top prices. Sad but true. Diehards on this forum refuse to accept that fact. Most Hfx folk will pay £20 now and again but not every other week in winter. Enjoy the season it’s a one-off. The board will quit citing poor support and let’s hope there is a new money man ready to have a bash after10 years of fan neglect.

You'd rather pay less to watch rubbish ?

No, Hfx folk will not pay in sufficient numbers the admission fee. Fact. I wish they would. I will be proved right - we have always been poorly supported so when you make the admission fee extortionate compared to Premier Leagur prices the crowds will be low. People will pay £20 for one off games but not every game.

Works out reasonable on a season ticket . In all honesty, if we opened the gates for free we'd probably get similar numbers to what we already get 

3 people like this

22 minutes ago, Wilder Bollox said:

Works out reasonable on a season ticket . In all honesty, if we opened the gates for free we'd probably get similar numbers to what we already get 

Sad but true.

9 hours ago, Redcard said:

Think fans / supporters will pay 20 quid if the team is winning. 

1 person likes this

9 hours ago, Redcard said:

Halifax folk pay £22 to watch second rate Rugby at The Shay so do not be too negative. It could go wrong if we have a poor start but there is no way it can be as bad as last season which after a good start deteriorated with every game until Fullarton saved us from the drop.

4 people like this

17 hours ago, chadders said:

Why, does he have a  man bun :)

No, but he does have a hair band?!....

Just now, Davidneilbuckley said:

No, but he does have a hair band?!....

what? like Bon Jovi? 

He looks a little portly I must say.

1 person likes this

18 minutes ago, greg45 said:

He looks a little portly I must say.

Most ageing rock stars are

33 minutes ago, Wilder Bollox said:

Most ageing rock stars are

have you seen Robert Smith recently? man mountain. 

1 person likes this

So we now have 2 strikers with a combined goal tally of about 8 in 70 games ! Hope JF has seen something 

21 hours ago, Redcard said:

People will always come and watch a winning team, it doesn’t really matter what our prices are. If we are making noise pushing for promotion then people will come down, if we’re in mid table with nothing to play for then crowds will drop. It’s the way it works at every football team up and down the country.

1 person likes this

1 hour ago, Jmc said:

So we now have 2 strikers with a combined goal tally of about 8 in 70 games ! Hope JF has seen something 

Southwell scored goals for fun at Boston and did pretty well at Guiseley considering the circumstances. Wouldn't write him off too soon. I must admit Preston isn't doing much for me

Was meaning Tomlinson and Preston ! Oops 

37 minutes ago, AJS said:

Southwell scored goals for fun at Boston and did pretty well at Guiseley considering the circumstances. Wouldn't write him off too soon. I must admit Preston isn't doing much for me

Think Preston is more the provider, the game changer, someone who can make something happen. 

1 person likes this

1 minute ago, AFC Halifax said:

Think Preston is more the provider, the game changer, someone who can make something happen. 

Don't want to write him off before I've even seen him play but literally, every Gateshead fan seems happy to see the back of him. Some even said he was their worst player all season

1 minute ago, AFC Halifax said:

Tend to agree. See him playing behind and giving us more of an option as an attacking midfielder than an out and out striker. 

29 minutes ago, AJS said:

Don't want to write him off before I've even seen him play but literally, every Gateshead fan seems happy to see the back of him. Some even said he was their worst player all season

Nice kid, has got bags of talent but a luxury player and can play well once then missing a few which is like a lot of non league I guess. Someday a brilliant but can be very frustrating 
Top kid tho

Not a out and out striker wide of a 3 maybe Winger or in behind front 2

From a former team mate of Jordan Preston 

22 minutes ago, AFC Halifax said:

Nice kid, has got bags of talent but a luxury player and can play well once then missing a few which is like a lot of non league I guess. Someday a brilliant but can be very frustrating 
Top kid tho

Not a out and out striker wide of a 3 maybe Winger or in behind front 2

From a former team mate of Jordan Preston 

Great. At least Sammi looks half decent.

I hope he's bringing some decent defenders in.