Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Preston

55 posts in this topic

5 goals in 43 games last season.JF must see something in him..

5 goals in 43 games at Gatehead

Jordan Preston 23 signed from Gateshead. At Blackburn as youth.

welcome to The Shay Jordan.

Posted (edited)

Can’t say it looks exciting on paper but he’s young and some players play better under different managers 

Edited by AJS

Complete opposite to Heath, who looked to be building a team that would shut out the opposition, JF looks like he is wanting to go out and play some attacking and aggressive forward football. 

It will be interesting to see how next season goes but its exciting to see that we don't look to be setting up to just park the bus and take 0-0s all the time. 

This is more like it, much easier to spell his name.

I don't know much about him but JF must see something in him.

Welcome to The Shay Jordan and I hope you have a successful time.

went to watch guiseley v gateshead last season (for no other reason but to watch ex shaymen).jordan preston playing for gateshead ex guiseley and i was very impressed with him.played left side took on players  and put good balls in to penalty box. think he should be alright for us.signings so far look good for attacking football.

2 people like this

Localish player as well. From holmfirth. Gateshead played with Johnson and burrow up front a lot, get the feeling preston is a creative link up type that will play the link between midfield and attack.

4 minutes ago, oldshayhead said:

went to watch guiseley v gateshead last season (for no other reason but to watch ex shaymen).jordan preston playing for gateshead ex guiseley and i was very impressed with him.played left side took on players  and put good balls in to penalty box. think he should be alright for us.signings so far look good for attacking football.

It makes me wonder if he's competition for Kossy?

3 minutes ago, Erik Everhard said:

No because Kosylo should be on the right. 

Not his biggest fan but he's a good safe option that can play anywhere across the front (midfield/attack) 5

Reading the guiseley forum from a year ago. They were gutted he left them. On gateshead forum they said he was impact player. Get the feeling from reading between the lines that he is skilful and pacy, but doesn’t score enough. Definitely looks from the other signings that we are definitely going to be playing a faster pace this season. I just hope we have enough spine of experience from the likes of Collins, browny and Tomlinson. Just think we need a few more leaders. 

All being well signing exciting skilful players still need the experience and game management skills that Collins brings in droves..

Seems like we've got a fair few attacking options now. Would like a target man to mix it up a bit. MFT or perhaps Blyth having read about him. Think we could do with MacDonald and possibly a left-footed winger too. One thing we certainly need is a number 10 who can play a killer ball if we are going with pacey players like Southwell and Preston up top.

We are looking a bit light in the holding roles and defence though. Think that's where the majority of the remaining signings will be

21 minutes ago, Juryeff said:

No because Kosylo should be on the right. 

Kosylo is no longer with us. 

1 minute ago, Shergar4 said:

Kosylo is no longer with us. 

Since when?

5 minutes ago, AJS said:

Since when?

Since his imagination started running away with him

18 minutes ago, shaymen down under said:

Reading the guiseley forum from a year ago. They were gutted he left them. On gateshead forum they said he was impact player. Get the feeling from reading between the lines that he is skilful and pacy, but doesn’t score enough. Definitely looks from the other signings that we are definitely going to be playing a faster pace this season. I just hope we have enough spine of experience from the likes of Collins, browny and Tomlinson. Just think we need a few more leaders. 

All being well signing exciting skilful players still need the experience and game management skills that Collins brings in droves..

Looked like he play in behind Gateshead’s front 3 last season. Still going to have to be plenty of options, imagine at least two central midfielders will be coming in to give us something alongside Collins and Hibbs. 

Gateshead fans general opinion he’s a bad un , 

45 minutes ago, Erik Everhard said:

Why, does he have a  man bun :)

1 person likes this

Just reading the national league banter page on facebook and every comment I've seen has been negative

Gateshead and fans is a bit of an oxymoron in the same way as Guiseley and fans . If you're going to listen to an opinion, at least make sure it's worth listening to

32 minutes ago, StVn1987 said:

Since his imagination started running away with him

Confirmed soon

2 minutes ago, Wilder Bollox said:

Gateshead and fans is a bit of an oxymoron in the same way as Guiseley and fans . If you're going to listen to an opinion, at least make sure it's worth listening to

The things and opinions touted about Macca when he signed were quite negative and look how that ended up !!