Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Shaun Rowley

32 posts in this topic

Goalkeeper signed from Shrewsbury good competition for Johnson assuming he's staying. 

mm interesting so do we think Sams off then? to be fair there has been no word either way! 

Don’t know much about him. Hopefully he can provide more competition to Johnson than Nicholson did 

Although I have heard that Port Vale is short of a goalkeeper and that where Sam Johnson was signed from.

Johnson has a year left on his deal I will be hugely surprised if he leaves

Only 21 , is this the first time we've actually had realistic competition for the number one jersey ?

Posted (edited)

Didn't play for Shrewsbury but did have a loan spell at Tamworth last season. Quite young, so interesting to see how he features.

I have a feeling Johnson will start as our number one and if Rowley wants the shirt he is going to have to impress. It will be nice to have some good competition for the number 1 shirt, as whilst I really rate Johnson, having someone breathing down his neck for his shirt will surely keep him on his toes to get better.

Edited by Flea

Don't know anything about this guy, but certainly looks like backup to SJ. (Hopefully) If that's the case it will be nice to have an actual decent keeper (as it seems) to provide the competition. Wasn't a fan of Nicholson for a few reasons and unfortunately when playing had a couple of shockers from memory!

Welcome to the club Shaun and I hope you keep big Sam on his toes.

Welcome to the club Rowley the goalie! 

Just been doing some research and it sounds like he had some reasonable loan spells at Chorley and Tamworth

19 minutes ago, Che Bentos said:

This could be a new song set to Roy Orbison's - Only the Lonely.

4 people like this

Good to finally have some actual competition for the number one spot rather than someone to purely make up the numbers. Combined with actually having a keeper coach, sounds good to me.

2 people like this

48 minutes ago, Che Bentos said:

Rowley the goalie likes jam roly-poly.

36 minutes ago, Erik Everhard said:

This could be a new song set to Roy Orbison's - Only the Lonely.

1 is the loneliest number. 

1 person likes this

Comment from a Shrewsbury supporting friend:

Good young keeper with potential. Third keeper last year after coming from youth. Should do well although I’ve only seen him play once.

1 person likes this

Rowley the goalie from Shewsbury could promote us solely. Could've joined Lincoln but showed up feeling po'ly so the holy Cowleys thought him too lowly. Oh no-ly!

7 minutes ago, Pliny Harris said:

Rowley the goalie from Shewsbury could promote us solely. Could've joined Lincoln but showed up feeling po'ly so the holy Cowleys thought him too lowly. Oh no-ly!

Holy moly :huh:

1 person likes this

32 minutes ago, greg45 said:

Good to finally have some actual competition for the number one spot rather than someone to purely make up the numbers. Combined with actually having a keeper coach, sounds good to me.

Do you know, things are really looking up. I don't want to tempt fate but we've gone full time and JF is attracting young players with potential. 

I know the season tickets are quite expensive but if he keeps signing these sorts of players, I think we'll sell a few and fans won't begrudge paying £20 in to watch a team that plays football good attacking football on't deck.

2 people like this

1 hour ago, Pliny Harris said:

Well I'm tapping my foot to it, I don't know about everyone else.

5 hours ago, Erik Everhard said:

Do you know, things are really looking up. I don't want to tempt fate but we've gone full time and JF is attracting young players with potential. 

I know the season tickets are quite expensive but if he keeps signing these sorts of players, I think we'll sell a few and fans won't begrudge paying £20 in to watch a team that plays football good attacking football on't deck.

Hopefully but then how many of these ÿoung" players have played on a mucky, cold night in Barrow before referees who seem to have forgotten their spectacles and against men who think studs are for more than what happens in the bar afterwood.

Flair is great but we need to reinforce that flair with some experience given that most of experienced players we released.

2 hours ago, royals1922 said:

Hopefully but then how many of these ÿoung" players have played on a mucky, cold night in Barrow before referees who seem to have forgotten their spectacles and against men who think studs are for more than what happens in the bar afterwood.

Flair is great but we need to reinforce that flair with some experience given that most of experienced players we released.

Patience royals. The experience is on its way.

Anyone go for Nathan Clarke?

9 hours ago, Pliny Harris said:

Remind me. Which university did you go to?