Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Scott Garner

58 posts in this topic

Leaves and joins Guiseley. Was excellent in the north for us but struggled last season.  All the best Scott 

3 people like this

Good luck Garns, he has very little to fear next season. Very good signing for them, and if we replace with better it's a better sign for us. From Scott you could ask for little more.

Very good signing at that level. Was excellent for us most of the season in the North. His performance in the playoff final particularly was outstanding topped off by a great header. Best of luck to him

On a side note, I wonder if this is a straight swap for Southwell or helped to bring the fee down 

5 minutes ago, AJS said:

Very good signing at that level. Was excellent for us most of the season in the North. His performance in the playoff final particularly was outstanding topped off by a great header. Best of luck to him

On a side note, I wonder if this is a straight swap for Southwell or helped to bring the fee down 

why would we want players from a lower level! surely we are trying to progress not tread water! 

It basically shows you how "conference north" level our squad was going into last season when most of that team has now left for Conference North or the Irish league.

Town it seems were on a hiding to nothing to stay up, whoever our manager was.

Town it seemed bucked the odds.

yeh, i agree, i think Fullartons recruiting pool will be deeper than in previous years, with less of the circulating tried and tested conf north / conf players, and i think well see more ex league youngsters coming in. going to be interesting. 

sure, and to be fair as im sure you will agree they were exceptions, not the rule. 

13 minutes ago, chrisbo61 said:

why would we want players from a lower level! surely we are trying to progress not tread water! 

Let’s just forget about where Vardy, Roberts, and Maynard to name a few came from... If you actually look at Southwells record, it’s good and he did well last season in THIS LEAGUE in quite honestly an awful team

4 people like this

7 Goals in 18 games for a team that was doomed to relegation from the day he signed is a good return  

4 people like this

4 minutes ago, AJS said:

Let’s just forget about where Vardy, Roberts, and Maynard to name a few came from... If you actually look at Southwells record, it’s good and he did well last season in THIS LEAGUE in quite honestly an awful team

see my above reply, and why would we in all seriousness want an average goal scorer from a shite team to join us on our quest for league status. 

plus i dont actually think Fullarton has that much knowledge of this level of footie and thats why i think we will be getting young ex league players, as already evidenced in the loanees last season and our latest signing from Cheltenham. 

we will see all will be revealed. 

6 minutes ago, AFC Halifax said:

7 Goals in 18 games for a team that was doomed to relegation from the day he signed is a good return  

err no! 

Posted (edited)

24 minutes ago, chrisbo61 said:

yeh, i agree, i think Fullartons recruiting pool will be deeper than in previous years, with less of the circulating tried and tested conf north / conf players, and i think well see more ex league youngsters coming in. going to be interesting. 

"Less of" perhaps. Not "none". Southwell would be a good signing based on his scoring record at this level in a struggling team. 

Edited by never_shay_die

Good luck Garns in the future, picked up a knock early in JF's tenure and never really got a look in after that. 

2 people like this

Most players leaving are dropping down a level which indicates the squad inherited did a job but ultimately weren’t good enough across the board for this league.

If it is Southwell coming in then he isn’t ‘from a lower level’ is he Chris?  Guiseley went down but the season hasn’t started. He scored 52 in 74 apps for Boston and got a move to Wycombe on the back of it ?

simple answer is , you either trust the manager to have done his homework or you don’t ... this is the same s***e Guiseley team that MFT couldn’t get a game for?  ;)

49 minutes ago, chrisbo61 said:

err no! 

Well I think so. 20 Goals for us?

Southwell rumour confirmed. Very happy with that, and well done to the ITKs who got it right ;)

2 hours ago, halifaxmark said:

Leaves and joins Guiseley. Was excellent in the north for us but struggled last season.  All the best Scott 

Straight swap for Danny Lowe?

15 minutes ago, greg45 said:

Straight swap for Danny Lowe?

Danny Lowe joins AFC Halifax on a one year contract :o

1 minute ago, Wilder Bollox said:

Danny Lowe joins AFC Halifax on a one year contract :o

As kit man.......good to have around the changing room.:lol:

38 minutes ago, Steve Lanzarote said:

As kit man.......good to have around the changing room.:lol:

Not good  news for the changing room table.

3 people like this

20 minutes ago, Riders of Rohan said:

Not good  news for the changing room table.

I forgot about that at Cambridge RoR:D:D

1 person likes this

so we have another striker, who on the face of it had a good season a couple of seasons ago! 

i have a feeling he will simply be making up numbers as he was clearly taken in exchange for Garner and not scouted or targeted specifically. as usual all will be revealed. 

1 person likes this