Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Club To Revert Back To Historic Name And Badge

36 posts in this topic

good for them -i have a soft spot for them -they were worse than us in the 60s and always enjoyed playing them home and away -park avenue was as good as valley parade in them days -they have fallen upon far worse times than us but have fought back -good luck to them -as an apprentice printer in my teens i printed their programmes and still have few -but none of them worth anything :(

2 people like this

Can anyone actually confirm the legalitys of if we can revert our name back?

It does feel like our current BOD would not want to do so, but is there any actual reason other than them not wanting to that would stop it from happening? 

No reason at all.

What's the point in having to change your name if it can be reversed at a later stage anyway ?

Darlington fc went back to their old name from Darlington 1883 in a very short space of time

When the old club went bust, we were asked to change, as the FA wanted to ensure the old debts weren't associated with the new club. Originally they asked us to ditch the word Town, but I believe DB fought to keep it, and the FA eventually agreed to.

To the best of my knowledge the old club still exists, but whether that would complicate returning to the original name i have no idea.

The old club was liquidated in 2015

Ridiculous hypothetical question time: would some of us revert back to the old name if it meant starting again as a new club again three divisions down? It would be a no from me! 

35 minutes ago, Che Bentos said:

Ridiculous hypothetical question time: would some of us revert back to the old name if it meant starting again as a new club again three divisions down? It would be a no from me! 

Definitely not. League position is far more important, we’ve worked so hard to get where we are. It seems like I’m in the minority on here, but I really couldn’t care less about whether we’re F.C. Halfix Town or Halifax Town AFC like the original club. As long as the name has Halifax Town in it, does the rest really matter?

3 people like this

The old club was mostly quoted as Halifax Town and the AFC was not mentioned (eg when results being read out) so why is it important for the FC to be quoted rather than just saying Halifax Town?

2 people like this

1 hour ago, Bubba said:

The old club was liquidated in 2015

Thanks for that. Why are you drinking that beer through a straw, anyway?

57 minutes ago, rdj said:

The old club was mostly quoted as Halifax Town and the AFC was not mentioned (eg when results being read out) so why is it important for the FC to be quoted rather than just saying Halifax Town?

That annoys the hell out of me too.

4 people like this

47 minutes ago, kit said:

Thanks for that. Why are you drinking that beer through a straw, anyway?

It was my birthday and it was a 2 pint glass. Thought it would be silly to drink it through a straw :D

6 minutes ago, Bubba said:

It was my birthday and it was a 2 pint glass. Thought it would be silly to drink it through a straw :D

And you are right Bubba:lol:

1 person likes this

3 hours ago, rdj said:

Alphabetically, the club's name starts with an F.

1 person likes this

But AFC Bournemouth arent always referred to with the 'AFC'.

5 minutes ago, Bubba said:

No, but officially that's their name, and in any official list, they are under the 'As' with Aston Villa and Arsenal. We're in with Fulham.

21 minutes ago, Shaymus said:

We're in with Fulham.

That's optimism

We’re gemerally referred to as F.C. Halifax , could easily just switch back to Halifax town F.C. don’t think anyone would bat an eyelid tbh 

Halifax Town for me and get Tangerine and Blue back, and Bill Atkins, and league fixtures against Aston Villa, and being 8 years old again, and no Sky TV, and FA Cup Finals that meant you had to watch the TV coverage all day, and.................................................anyhow I have made a new building in the Midlands that has incorporated Tangerine and Blue as part of the interior colour scheme so I can rest in peace!

2 people like this

4 minutes ago, vinnyweknuts said:

Halifax Town for me and get Tangerine and Blue back, and Bill Atkins, and league fixtures against Aston Villa, and being 8 years old again, and no Sky TV, and FA Cup Finals that meant you had to watch the TV coverage all day, and.................................................anyhow I have made a new building in the Midlands that has incorporated Tangerine and Blue as part of the interior colour scheme so I can rest in peace!

Need sun glasses in your house then vinny.

Related image

2 hours ago, Jmc said:

We’re gemerally referred to as F.C. Halifax , could easily just switch back to Halifax town F.C. don’t think anyone would bat an eyelid tbh 

It would have to be approved firstly by David Bosomworth, then the WRCFA who, I believe, insisted on the name change.

3 hours ago, Bubba said:

No, but officially that's their name, and in any official list, they are under the 'As' with Aston Villa and Arsenal. We're in with Fulham.

3 hours ago, vinnyweknuts said:

jumpers for goal posts! 

1 person likes this

6 hours ago, Shaymus said:

Alphabetically, the club's name starts with an F.

Hopefully, next year a full time Halifax Town will start with a Q.