Jamie’s jalfrezi

126 posts in this topic

https://fchalifaxtown.com/news/jamies-jalfrezi/

well done boys 

But with the England Belgium following the talk the evening will end with a real downer ... but then again they will make the Shaymen look world  class :) 

nick 

1 minute ago, Nick said:

https://fchalifaxtown.com/news/jamies-jalfrezi/

well done boys 

But with the England Belgium following the talk the evening will end with a real downer ... but then again they will make the Shaymen look world  class :) 

nick 

Are you English? Because you're so negative against the England football team

1 person likes this

Just now, halifaxmark said:

do you mean realistic! 

1 person likes this

Sounds like a good night and the chance for folk to get to know JF and have a beer

Regardless of the result of the Belgium game ..I think England will be through the group stage

Just now, Scot said:

Sounds like a good night and the chance for folk to get to know JF and have a beer

Regardless of the result of the Belgium game ..I think England will be through the group stage

Your the first Scot I have heard say that (I am married to one) even Old cranky (Sturgess) says she want anyone to win except England

Just now, Steve Lanzarote said:

Your the first Scot I have heard say that (I am married to one) even Old cranky (Sturgess) says she want anyone to win except England

Steve , the bottom line is I'm Scottish ....we know we are sh**e but we live in eternal hope!

I credit myself with half a brain and don't buy the 'anyone but England' s**t because , whilst I'd take great pleasure in pumping England when we play them...I hate the small minded nonsense.

I think England are massive underachievers for a variety of reasons but this time they might actually go in with very little expectation.

I can't say I'll be sitting with an England strip on but I'll definitely cheer a goal or two when they go in...I hope you lot do the same when we qualify in 2038!!! :doh:

3 people like this

9 minutes ago, halifaxmark said:

Think you mean realistic. I don’t get why people are saying “it’s coming home” 

wont get past quarters

1 minute ago, Scot said:

Steve , the bottom line is I'm Scottish ....we know we are sh**e but we live in eternal hope!

I credit myself with half a brain and don't buy the 'anyone but England' s**t because , whilst I'd take great pleasure in pumping England when we play them...I hate the small minded nonsense.

I think England are massive underachievers for a variety of reasons but this time they might actually go in with very little expectation.

I can't say I'll be sitting with an England strip on but I'll definitely cheer a goal or two when they go in...I hope you lot do the same when we qualify in 2038!!! :doh:

In the street I grew up on we had Scots, Irish and Welsh so never got into the Bias thing if England not playing then I would support any of the home countries.

1 person likes this

1 minute ago, Scot said:

Good on you Scot.

Personally, Love to holiday in both Scotland & Wales (never been to Ireland). If any of the above are playing (not against England obviously) I always want them to win. It would be brilliant if we reverted back to the Home Nations summer tournament, instead of the stupid meaningless Internationals, but unfortunately the powers that be think we are beyond that.

2 people like this

40 minutes ago, halifaxmark said:

Yorkshire English British in equal importance 

i have so little respect  for England as a team, the last World Cup we had very little expectation but somehow they still manage to disappoint,, and then came the Euros.. did nit think it could get any worse and it did. 

I see nothing in their attitude makes me believe we will do any better this time, hope I am wrong but if they play with pride and determination then I will support them whatever the result. Just not seen any evidence of it yet . 

They need to realise they are second class footballers at a world level, roll up there sleeves and fight for each other just like Iceland then who knows 

41 minutes ago, TJAshton said:

Think you mean realistic. I don’t get why people are saying “it’s coming home” 

wont get past quarters

Just like we wont get in the playoffs next season but still got to bw positive.  Quarter finals would be a good tournament for this young England side

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Normally support any team from this island against anybody else just lost faith in the players who failed to where the shirt with pride for far long 

Edited by Nick

4 minutes ago, halifaxmark said:

Just like we wont get in the playoffs next season but still got to bw positive.  Quarter finals would be a good tournament for this young England side

Exactly it would be good and that’s roughly where we are. And no one has said we won’t but a top half finish would be good for Halifax 

52 minutes ago, Scot said:

we know we are sh**e but we live in eternal hope!

Welcome to the life of a SHAYMAN, you have the experience to go far Scot

1 person likes this

47 minutes ago, Steve Lanzarote said:

In the street I grew up on we had Scots, Irish and Welsh so never got into the Bias thing if England not playing then I would support any of the home countries.

It’s a good attitude to have Steve. But after watching the Druids celebrating when we got knocked out in the last euros I’m afraid that I took great pleasure in seeing them fail to qualify. Shallow I know but what can I say!

Just now, Scouse Shayman said:

Welcome to the life of a SHAYMAN, you have the experience to go far Scot

I’m all set ... I’m hopeful this season gives me renewed positivity ! 

Im trusting the manager ;) .. he has a plan 

57 minutes ago, Steve Lanzarote said:

Absolutely and totally agree Steve.....apart from Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland...

3 people like this

9 minutes ago, Scot said:

We'd be up sh1t creek if we had a manager that didn't have a plan !

1 person likes this

8 minutes ago, Scot said:

i think there's quite a few with an unexplainable feel good factor for this season. JF has brought a bit of optimism back to a few weary old heads

2 people like this

28 minutes ago, halifaxmark said:

Yes but I hope they die trying 

12 minutes ago, Scouse Shayman said:

i think there's quite a few with an unexplainable feel good factor for this season. JF has brought a bit of optimism back to a few weary old heads

I like the fact we are a 33/1 shot for promotion next season. Get on quick before the odds tumble when the bookies see the quality of our signings.

Bet this will be decent. Even as a non Town fan, I found Billy’s Balti enjoyable and insightful. 

Sometimes some of you give your club a bit of stick, but things like this are good IMO to build relationships between fans and the club/management. 

This current English crop have no huge expectations on their shoulders...thats why i think they will do well....oh does anyone know when the other home nations games are in this world cup??!!

Is Jamie’s Jalfrezi Night really the only news coming out of our football club?