Squad 2018/19

90 posts in this topic

Just wondered if we could have an updated squad list as of today.ie who is actually signed up for next season.    thanks

41 minutes ago, AGB said:

Just wondered if we could have an updated squad list as of today.ie who is actually signed up for next season.    thanks

That list is correct

29 minutes ago, Forever a Shayman said:

We have 11 players signed on so this week could be pretty busy.

10 players which is even worse 

5 minutes ago, AJS said:

That list is correct

10 players which is even worse 

I am betting we will announce at least 1 if not more during tomorrow.  

11 minutes ago, Forever a Shayman said:

I am betting we will announce at least 1 if not more during tomorrow.  

We do tend to announce stuff on Mondays so I think you could be right. Still time tonight too I supppose 

Johnson

Hanson Brown Staunton Sellers

Maher

Odelusi King Preston Kosylo

Southwell

Subs: Rowley, McLeod, Tomlinson

The makings of a squad are starting to show at long last!

1 person likes this

Getting there now. Think we could do with:

1 right back
1 left back
1 centre back
3/4 central midfielders
1 striker

Get players in those positions and possibly get MacDonald signed up despite his injury then we are good to go

Have make signings of some sort 

as player registration need to be in on Friday so they can play on Saturday 

so tomorrow is the day 

nick 

58 minutes ago, Nick said:

Have make signings of some sort 

as player registration need to be in on Friday so they can play on Saturday 

so tomorrow is the day 

nick 

I reckon Hanley, Clarke and Edwards could be announced officially tommorow. Hard to say with Duckworth and Harry since they’ve only just appeared.

Am I right in saying that the agent guy said we would announce 2 defenders and a midfielder on the 1st of August. That’s what I seem to remember him saying a few weeks back 

Edited by AJS

18 hours ago, AJS said:

I reckon Hanley, Clarke and Edwards could be announced officially tommorow. Hard to say with Duckworth and Harry since they’ve only just appeared.

Am I right in saying that the agent guy said we would announce 2 defenders and a midfielder on the 1st of August. That’s what I seem to remember him saying a few weeks back 

Which agent guy ??

1 minute ago, SHAY man said:

Which agent guy ??

A fan on here from Barkisland I think.

7 minutes ago, SHAY man said:

Which agent guy ??

Barkisland Blue I think is his username 

13 minutes ago, SHAY man said:

No transfers today from the looks of things!!

We tend to announce stuff between 7pm and 9pm most of the time. Patience. Even if we don't get anything tonight I'm sure we'll know by 2pm Saturday

Really these announcements comes and go's and nothing happens err December 24?

I have been supportive of the club, but I like many others are concerned that as it stands we have 14 contracted players, 2 of which were injured last weekend, the captain has only played 90 minutes in pre season and we have a player who hasn't trained with the squad all pre season. August is a big month for the season with 7 games, 21 points up for grabs it can go a long way to defining the rest of the season. I have asked the SC via Twitter to raise this issue with the chairman this evening as I can't make it. 

1 person likes this

Edwards has just followed the club on Twitter. Done deal? 

3 minutes ago, AFC Halifax said:

I have been supportive of the club, but I like many others are concerned that as it stands we have 14 contracted players, 2 of which were injured last weekend, the captain has only played 90 minutes in pre season and we have a player who hasn't trained with the squad all pre season. August is a big month for the season with 7 games, 21 points up for grabs it can go a long way to defining the rest of the season. I have asked the SC via Twitter to raise this issue with the chairman this evening as I can't make it. 

Bloody hell-even testing your patience...:lol:

2 minutes ago, AJS said:

Edwards has just followed the club on Twitter. Done deal? 

would expect him and Clarke be done deals.

20 minutes ago, eddies mate said:

Bloody hell-even testing your patience...:lol:

Yes it is. I am not all doom and gloom as some are, but I don't understand why the signings of Edwards and Clarke can't be announced. Fully expected them announcing yesterday. I know why they delay to the last minute during the season, but surely any Braintree scout worth his salt will see Nathan Clarke and Jonathan Edwards have featured in every pre season game with Clarke actually being Captain in Browns absence 

Edited by AFC Halifax

Clarke and Edwards confirmed on website

Whats the deal with Duckworth?  Thought when we saw him last week and JF confirmed he'd been training with us the week prior it would mean he was going to stay? 

1 minute ago, greygoose said:

Whats the deal with Duckworth?  Thought when we saw him last week and JF confirmed he'd been training with us the week prior it would mean he was going to stay? 

Think he's holding out till next weeks transfer deadline :lol: #misplaced optimism

2 minutes ago, eddies mate said:

Think he's holding out till next weeks transfer deadline :lol: #misplaced optimism

He's got no chance of landing a FL club imo, i thought he looked a touch overweight last week and had hoped we'd be upgrading on him not hanging on for his services. For me he's taking the piss out of us, lets not forget this is a player who spent half of last season sat in the stands injured so imo he owes us a bit of loyalty.

Were led to believe that we have deals in principle with a few players but their hanging on (presumably until next weeks deadline) for a better deal, i just hope Duckworths not one of these as he's not good enough to be waiting for.