Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Retained List

293 posts in this topic

Just now, AJS said:

Based on the documentary, I would suspect that he will end up in the football league as Salford said that was the only reason they would ever let him go. At the time of filming, no one met their valuation for him

Depends on if they 'let him go' or if he wouldn't sign a new contract. Wouldn't have thought we'd be signing him either way.

1 minute ago, riccardo259 said:

Depends on if they 'let him go' or if he wouldn't sign a new contract. Wouldn't have thought we'd be signing him either way.

I presume it will be the latter. And yes, i very highly doubt he will sign for us

Jack munns available for transfer from Hartlepool. Should be looking at him. One of the best players in Cheltenham’s promotion season and ran the show at the shay when they beat us 7-1. Lost his way with injury since but he’s certainly got ability 

Michael Nottingham Signing for Blackpool in league 1 

2 hours ago, Benfcht said:

Jack munns available for transfer from Hartlepool. Should be looking at him. One of the best players in Cheltenham’s promotion season and ran the show at the shay when they beat us 7-1. Lost his way with injury since but he’s certainly got ability 

Another one I’d like us to sign. But so far with rumours it doesn’t seem too brilliant. Looks to be going for younger prospects who have never played at this level and are academy graduates of Young lads who don’t get into league 1/championship clubs. 

Cant wait for the first 2 signings to be announced and then we will see how we are doing. 

43 minutes ago, TJAshton said:

Another one I’d like us to sign. But so far with rumours it doesn’t seem too brilliant. Looks to be going for younger prospects who have never played at this level and are academy graduates of Young lads who don’t get into league 1/championship clubs. 

Cant wait for the first 2 signings to be announced and then we will see how we are doing. 

I reckon MFT and Hanley will be the first signings personally 

1 person likes this

1 hour ago, TJAshton said:

im pretty sure thats the way its going. 

I don't see many " new faces" being announced until the end of june. The people from last year's squad may take an offer and be announced, but, and this is only my opinion, with most teams at our level only offering 1 yr contracts, I think players tend to leave it as long as possible before commiting to a Club. I can't really blame them as they will all want the best possible deal they can find.

2 people like this

8 minutes ago, Scouse Shayman said:

I don't see many " new faces" being announced until the end of june. The people from last year's squad may take an offer and be announced, but, and this is only my opinion, with most teams at our level only offering 1 yr contracts, I think players tend to leave it as long as possible before commiting to a Club. I can't really blame them as they will all want the best possible deal they can find.

and their agents will want their share! 

1 person likes this

Theres no rush. The season doesn't start for like 90 days and Fullerton has contacts coming out of his ears. 

I'm pleasantly surprised our club haven't gone into hibernation as per, but with that said, we don't need to be announcing signings just yet. I don't expect to see any new names coming in until the end of the month.

1 person likes this

25 minutes ago, Flea said:

Theres no rush. The season doesn't start for like 90 days and Fullerton has contacts coming out of his ears. 

I'm pleasantly surprised our club haven't gone into hibernation as per, but with that said, we don't need to be announcing signings just yet. I don't expect to see any new names coming in until the end of the month.

Agreed. No massive rush for signings. Don't need to overpay for average players.

Suprised nothing has been said about the five remaining out of contract players though. We could do with getting some of them tied down as Fullarton has already got a big rebuilding job on his hands without potentially losing all of them too

45 minutes ago, AJS said:

Agreed. No massive rush for signings. Don't need to overpay for average players.

Suprised nothing has been said about the five remaining out of contract players though. We could do with getting some of them tied down as Fullarton has already got a big rebuilding job on his hands without potentially losing all of them too

I shared my concern on this in previous threads. I suspect a lot of our fans will go down the monthly installment route. Who bar the regulars is going to fork out £140 which is then a commitement to the full £340 when we have 5 players. People want to know what they are investing there money in. At least some news wouldn't go amis before that first deadline arrives. 

On 17/05/2018, 23:56:26, Greggs said:

I shared my concern on this in previous threads. I suspect a lot of our fans will go down the monthly installment route. Who bar the regulars is going to fork out £140 which is then a commitement to the full £340 when we have 5 players. People want to know what they are investing there money in. At least some news wouldn't go amis before that first deadline arrives. 

What, do people actually think that we’d not have a starting 11 by the beginning of the season or something?

28 minutes ago, riccardo259 said:

What, do people actually think that we’d not have a starting 11 by the beginning of the season or something?

with the brains of some on here, probably! 

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

On 17/05/2018, 19:46:15, Scouse Shayman said:

JF wont wait till then....not a chance 

I said on here before that he will have been working on this before the season finished so he wont sit with 6 or so players signed  and wait till the end of June to add to it, its not how he operates.

The reality is that a lot of clubs at this level will be fishing in a similar if not the same pond and if you want to get the right players in for your budget then you need to act quickly. There will no doubt be clubs with bigger budgets so you want to get offers out to players as early as possible for exactly that reason. Once other clubs get time to come in and offer terms ...particularly nearer the season start when some may already begin to panic and pay more ....you want players to already be in the building and not get the chance to have their heads turned.

Edited by Scot

2 minutes ago, Scot said:

JF wont wait till then....not a chance 

I said on here before that he will have been working on this before the season finished so he wont sit with 6 or so players signed  and wait till the end of June to add to it, its not how he operates.

The reality is that a lot of clubs at this level will be fishing in a similar if not the same pond and if you want to get the right players in for your budget then you need to act quickly. There will no doubt be clubs with bigger budgets so you want to get offers out to players as early as possible for exactly that reason. Once other clubs get time to come in and offer terms ...particularly nearer the season start when some may already begin to panic and pay more ....you want players to already be in the building.

I totally agree Scot and believe JF will have been working on player possibilities for a while. It just seems that in this league, all the deals are done late on as the players, and especially their agents, wait as long as they can for the best contract they can get.

1 person likes this

On 5/17/2018, 11:56:26, Greggs said:

FFS, the season has barley finished, what is the rush?

Most players will probably be on deals until the end of this month, so it will be impossible to actually sign players until then - we could pre-sign them, but that is it. However, as we are not kicking a ball for another couple of months, along with a host of players becoming available, the last thing we need is to go down the Guiseley scattergun approach of simply signing anyone who has ever set foot on a football pitch. 

From what I have seen and heard about Fullerton, I get the impression that he is probably one of the most switched on hard working guys that won't be taking a single break over the summer. He has contacts coming out of his ears, he will be working on every single last one of them and will hopefully pull a rabbit or two out of the hat.

The other argument regarding paying for a season tickets could be said that the more we sell could actually help the manager as he could potentially then get further backing to go after more targets, or be able to sell the club to prospective players better. However, its the middle of May at the moment. If in 60 days time we still have 5 players then I will start to worry. 

37 minutes ago, Flea said:

FFS, the season has barley finished, what is the rush?

Most players will probably be on deals until the end of this month, so it will be impossible to actually sign players until then - we could pre-sign them, but that is it. However, as we are not kicking a ball for another couple of months, along with a host of players becoming available, the last thing we need is to go down the Guiseley scattergun approach of simply signing anyone who has ever set foot on a football pitch. 

From what I have seen and heard about Fullerton, I get the impression that he is probably one of the most switched on hard working guys that won't be taking a single break over the summer. He has contacts coming out of his ears, he will be working on every single last one of them and will hopefully pull a rabbit or two out of the hat.

The other argument regarding paying for a season tickets could be said that the more we sell could actually help the manager as he could potentially then get further backing to go after more targets, or be able to sell the club to prospective players better. However, its the middle of May at the moment. If in 60 days time we still have 5 players then I will start to worry. 

Totally agree Flea that there isn’t any rush usually but I just think the manager will look around at other clubs who can offer more and try to get his business done early, or at least some of it. And you’re right .. there will be no holiday.