Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Pliny Harris

10 posts in this topic

Have a look at Proper Magazine online or have a look at Celebrity Football Stickers. There's a picture of Mark E Smith in a Bury shirt (it's like a mock up of a Panini sticker.)

22 hours ago, Wilder Bollox said:

Rob White still alive ?

I think so he started a thread yesterday. Not sure if he's looked at the site I mentioned. I always though Mr Smith was a Man City fan so I was surprised to see him in a Bury shirt (albeit a mock up.)

22 hours ago, Wilder Bollox said:

Rob White still alive ?

Barely :P

On 4/16/2018, 2:59:01, Wilder Bollox said:

Rob White still alive ?

I may have "acquired" his laptop over the weekend, so he can't post :D 

14 minutes ago, Flea said:

I may have "acquired" his laptop over the weekend, so he can't post :D 

Haven't got any stamps for sale have you-talking of post ? :D

1 person likes this

Mark E Smith was indeed a lifelong Man City fan but obviously has a soft spot for The Shaymen. In 1996 he dedicated the single ‘The Chiselers’ to Town. On the sleeve it states ‘This song is relevant to the recent experiences of Halifax Town Football Club’. In an interview he claimed he’d contacted the club about donating the profits from the record but nobody ever got back to him!

Typical of MES lyrics there pretty indecipherable. The following could be about us:

In the long long Yeltsin days
Get in touch
They're skint
Relocation due for the chiseler

1 person likes this

1 hour ago, Sparta FC said:

Mark E Smith was indeed a lifelong Man City fan but obviously has a soft spot for The Shaymen. In 1996 he dedicated the single ‘The Chiselers’ to Town. On the sleeve it states ‘This song is relevant to the recent experiences of Halifax Town Football Club’. In an interview he claimed he’d contacted the club about donating the profits from the record but nobody ever got back to him!

Typical of MES lyrics there pretty indecipherable. The following could be about us:

In the long long Yeltsin days
Get in touch
They're skint
Relocation due for the chiseler

Mr Oblique in the lyrics, I am sure this was played at the time by the chap who climbed the wobbly ladder to the box in the Skircoat Roof, it did make a change form the usual inane disco twaddle ( apologies to DJ Funkmeister if those were his wheels of steel that were spinning)