Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Torquay Away

68 posts in this topic

3 minutes ago, Steve Lanzarote said:

FC Halifax Town: 1 Sam Johnson, 7 Matty Kosylo, 8 Nathan Hotte, 11 Scott McManus, 14 Ben Tomlinson, 21 Sam Graham, 22 Michael Collins, 23 Connor Thomson, 31 Niall Maher, 33 Mike Fondop-Talom, 39 Michael Duckworth
Subs: 6 Scott Garner, 10 Connor Oliver, 13 Tom Ncholson, 20 Jake Hibbs, 32 Raheem Hanley

Strong team.

I have a good feeling about the game today. They are currently watering the pitch and bar the odd patch it looks a good surface. A win is on the cards for us today C.O.Y.S

1 person likes this

Just now, ashy1966 said:

3 bookings already.

For?

Macc drew 1-1 in the early kick off, so a Tranmere win still gives them a chance of the title.

4 minutes ago, Roy Race said:

For?

Graham and Kosylo were two don't know about the third.

Half time 0-0. Sounds like we’re getting dominated according to the twitter updates. Hopefully Fullarton can deliver the same sort of team talk as he did against Gateshead at home so we can take the 3 points

Just now, Shaymen2008 said:

Tomlinson

1 minute ago, Shaymen2008 said:

Tomlinson

Watering the middle of the pitch again.

We need to be better at closing them down instead of relying on blocks and ricoshays. Not offering much in attack first half except for McNamara shot narrowly over the bar.

1-0 down, Johnson appears to clear off the line but is given... anyone at the game see it clearly?

1-0 Torquay. Reid. Disappointing as we aren't pressing them still. Big 30 minutes now.

Woking losing so we're safe right?

3 minutes ago, last_chance_saloon said:

Woking losing so we're safe right?

Kind of. They could still equal our points but would have to turn round a 12 goal difference. A draw would make us safe but Tomlinson now sent off.

4 minutes ago, bolt45 said:

Kind of. They could still equal our points but would have to turn round a 12 goal difference. A draw would make us safe but Tomlinson now sent off.

Woking losing 2-0 , so that makes us safe if Woking don't score 3 in next 10 minutes.

5 minutes ago, bolt45 said:

No, that would only be if Woking win and we lose. If Woking lose they can only get to 51, with us currently on 53. If they lose we're safe, no matter what happens in our game.

1 minute ago, riccardo259 said:

No, that would only be if Woking win and we lose. If Woking lose they can only get to 51, with us currently on 53. If they lose we're safe, no matter what happens in our game.

Correct. I was thinking they had 3 to play.

Not moaning, but the decision to play Tomlinson and MFT in 4 consecutive full games in a week has had an effect. MFT looked knackered against Gateshead and it was too much to expect today.  Whatever Denton and Tuton have said or done i would have thrown them in today.

Tomlinsons red card forces the issue now to an extent.

1 point from 2 games , some fans will be calling for the managers head:D

2 people like this

6 minutes ago, shaymenRup said:

Not moaning, but the decision to play Tomlinson and MFT in 4 consecutive full games in a week has had an effect. MFT looked knackered against Gateshead and it was too much to expect today.  Whatever Denton and Tuton have said or done i would have thrown them in today.

Tomlinsons red card forces the issue now to an extent.

Not really. MFT up front on his own v Tranmere! I don’t think JF has enough history here to allow BFG a last goodbye!

Definitely safe next season Mr B can start sorting season tickets offers out now and Jamie Fullarton can start his search for players now and offering new contracts out.

Defeat disappointing, sounded like we were a bit lacklustre, which I think we can probably put down to fatigue. Still, 7 points from those 4 games is not unreasonable, but I would have expected the wins to come vs Gateshead and Torquay rather than BW and Sutton if you'd asked me before.