Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Torquay Away

68 posts in this topic

Just thought I'd start a thread for today's game. Very tough game IMO. They will be up for it if there's a slim chance of survival and we will have played 4 games in 8 days.

Anyway, good luck Shaymen and let's hope you bring back 3 points from Devon.

No too fussed for today, for the players and fans today, enjoy it. Hopefully like in 2002 when Town fans were doing the conga around the away end even though we had been relegated by then.

From a selfish point of view I'm hoping for a Tranmere win and a Macc defeat, just to boost our attendance next week if anything else.

1 person likes this

Looking forward to the game today, something I couldn't of said earlier this year. I am not expecting a great performance due to four games in eight days but hoping for a positive result to relegate Torquay.

1 person likes this

It just depends on the health of the players who have not played in the last couple of games, kosylo garner brown macca etc 

if we can restock the team with these players we are good to go 

happy with a draw 

43 minutes ago, Shaymen2008 said:

Looking forward to the game today, something I couldn't of said earlier this year. I am not expecting a great performance due to four games in eight days but hoping for a positive result to relegate Torquay.

I suppose it all depends on who is fit. If we can get Kossy on from the start and maybe a fringe player or two having a good game then we might do well. It looks to me like there are a few players playing for contracts as well so the desire should be there.

1 person likes this

I hope so. Last time I went it turned out to be a drab goalless draw and my recollection is that we don't do well there of late. (stand to be corrected).

9 minutes ago, Shaymen2008 said:

I hope so. Last time I went it turned out to be a drab goalless draw and my recollection is that we don't do well there of late. (stand to be corrected).

Torquay have no option but to go for a win , could be an entertaining game and a decent crowd , a drab goalless draw i doubt very much , from our point of view there is no pressure you can just enjoy your day out regardless of the result , a draw mathematically keeps us up but even defeat might do as well depending on other results .

The team have had a fantastic week and the relegation “Sword of Damocles “ has been removed for another year. So no pressure on us as they have done the hard work. Enjoy the game win lose or draw JF and team. You deserve it.

1 person likes this

At least we not there on a cold Tuesday in December, mind you IF they stay up it will be back on again next season. STID come on town send them down....

5 minutes ago, Tony Flower said:

The team have had a fantastic week and the relegation “Sword of Damocles “ has been removed for another year. So no pressure on us as they have done the hard work. Enjoy the game win lose or draw JF and team. You deserve it.

It makes a refreshing change to watch the day unfold without any pressure and watch other clubs suffering heartache that we have had to endure far too often , 2 years ago was a strange feeling , going to Wembley masked the enormity of it , i dread to think what it would have been like if we had failed to get to Wembley .

Be interesting to see who goes and who joins this league next season , Chesterfield and Barnet scrapping for their lives , Harrogate and Salford taking it to the wire, York and Stockport in the play offs , Macclesfield on the brink of promotion , hopefully we get another week with Tranmere coming to us next week meaning a bigger following .

Don't think JF will allow standards to drop.He will be wanting another win.

1 person likes this

Looking forward to a good game now pressure is off and league status all but secured. Train due in Torquay 12:40ish any posts on where Shaymen supporters taking in a pre-match beers would be welcome!

11 minutes ago, The beautiful game said:

Looking forward to a good game now pressure is off and league status all but secured. Train due in Torquay 12:40ish any posts on where Shaymen supporters taking in a pre-match beers would be welcome!

Nearest Wetherspoons:

The Green Ginger, Lower Ground Floor, Winter Garden, Torquay, TQ2 5DZ  1 mile from ground. From a few years back I also remember being in The Bucaneer Inn at Babbacombe. Just suggestions as haven't been for a while and not there today. There are also a couple of wetherspoons not far from train station. Enjoy the day

8 minutes ago, The beautiful game said:

Excellent! Thanks for the info on potential watering holes

More suggestions from footballground guide

The supporters club 'Boots & Laces' behind the main stand allows away supporters in and I found it quite pleasant and friendly. Neil Le Milliere a visiting Exeter supporter adds; 'The George Inn on Babbacombe Road, was extremely welcoming, both before and after the game. The pub is around a ten minute walk away from the ground'. Located handily around the corner in Princes Street is the Hanburys Fish & Chip shop which has on occasion won national awards. Further on at the bottom of Princes Street you will find the Buccaneer Inn. Not only a good pub serving St Austell Ales, but outside the front of the pub you can also enjoy some great views along the coast. (There is also plenty of street parking available in this area). Also on Babbacombe Road is the Dog & Duck which welcomes away fans and also shows matches broadcast on SKY television.

Thanks Scouse Shaymen, fantastic info, I think I'm spoilt for choice and might have try them all with a scheduled stop for fish & chips in between!

We should be going for a win and giving everything, but after the week we’ve had I won’t be unhappy with a draw.

Plenty Town fans in Green Ginger ATM.

1 hour ago, Wilder Bollox said:

Something about that sounds very wrong

I hope to god he's not wearing green.

2 people like this

5 minutes ago, Erik Everhard said:

I hope to god he's not wearing green.

Don't make him angry! You wouldn't like him when he's angry.

1 person likes this

8 minutes ago, monk said:

Don't make him angry! You wouldn't like him when he's angry.

You're just jealous !

4 hours ago, ashy1966 said:

Don't think JF will allow standards to drop.He will be wanting another win.

100%... there will be no dropping of standards today.. he will want a win ;)

2 people like this

FC Halifax Town: 1 Sam Johnson, 7 Matty Kosylo, 8 Nathan Hotte, 11 Scott McManus, 14 Ben Tomlinson, 21 Sam Graham, 22 Michael Collins, 23 Connor Thomson, 31 Niall Maher, 33 Mike Fondop-Talom, 39 Michael Duckworth
Subs: 6 Scott Garner, 10 Connor Oliver, 13 Tom Ncholson, 20 Jake Hibbs, 32 Raheem Hanley

1 person likes this