Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Play Offs

23 posts in this topic

There are 5 out of 7 teams in the top 7 that I predicted at the start of the season. Macclesfield were a team that I and I think most people didn't expect to win the league.

Who do you think will get to the play off final and who do you think will win promotion through the play offs?

I personally think it will be a Tranmere Vs Fylde final and Tranmere will win. Thoughts anyone?

19 minutes ago, Erik Everhard said:

There are 5 out of 7 teams in the top 7 that I predicted at the start of the season. Macclesfield were a team that I and I think most people didn't expect to win the league.

Who do you think will get to the play off final and who do you think will win promotion through the play offs?

I personally think it will be a Tranmere Vs Fylde final and Tranmere will win. Thoughts anyone?

Are you Greggs in disguise with such insight!

1 hour ago, francisfirth said:

Are you Greggs in disguise with such insight!

If only I had his gift.

The way Fylde have playing and some of the thrashings they've given to the teams at the top end-It wouldn't surprise me if they went up,finishing outside the top 3 may harm their chances as they'd have the semi-final away

1 person likes this

43 minutes ago, GLPFCHT said:

The way Fylde have playing and some of the thrashings they've given to the teams at the top end-It wouldn't surprise me if they went up,finishing outside the top 3 may harm their chances as they'd have the semi-final away

Fylde are the dark horses. Sutton, for me, are the weakest out of the teams up there at the moment. Aldershot and Wrexham can both beat anyone on their day but I just feel Tranmere have the defence and attack that can reach the league. They have plenty of goals from midfield as well.

1 hour ago, Erik Everhard said:

Fylde are the dark horses. Sutton, for me, are the weakest out of the teams up there at the moment. Aldershot and Wrexham can both beat anyone on their day but I just feel Tranmere have the defence and attack that can reach the league. They have plenty of goals from midfield as well.

Never had a lot of love for Tranmere since John Kilner let them score when he wrongly thought he had a free-kick(I was quite pissed off at the time lol) but them over a plastic club any day-and we always seem to bloody lose against Tranmere so it would be helpful for our promotion push next season if they weren't in our league

34 minutes ago, GLPFCHT said:

Never had a lot of love for Tranmere since John Kilner let them score when he wrongly thought he had a free-kick(I was quite pissed off at the time lol) but them over a plastic club any day-and we always seem to bloody lose against Tranmere so it would be helpful for our promotion push next season if they weren't in our league

Yeah, they were definitely one of rivals more many seasons. Eighties saw quite a bit of trouble outside and sometimes inside the ground as well. Mentioned in Kevin Samson's book Away Days. 

If I'm honest I would like to see the likes of Tranmere back in the football league because a team that has that size of support and their history should be. However, the away following they bring is a financial bonus for us. Going on that basis I would probably plump for Sutton to go up. 

I just hope we get a couple of northern teams coming down but it's looking like Barnet will be one of them.

1 person likes this

7 hours ago, Erik Everhard said:

If only I had his gift.

Can't help it. Just comes natural,

1 person likes this

Back onto topic. 

Fylde look a good bet.  But i'll say Tranmere v Sutton final. We definetely didn't see the best of Sutton on Tuesday night. 

tranmere and Aldershot in final, tranmere to bottle it in the final

so ,one southern  club replaces another

1 person likes this

Sutton in poor form.  Don't fancy Aldershot or Boreham Wood. Gonna go with Tranmere vs Fylde/Wrexham in the final. 

38 minutes ago, never_shay_die said:

Sutton in poor form.  Don't fancy Aldershot or Boreham Wood. Gonna go with Tranmere vs Fylde/Wrexham in the final. 

Wrexham seem to have imploded with the departure of Dean Keates.

Would like to see Morning Wood go all the way, personally. 

I wonder who that Halifax Town will replace in the league in 2018/20 - hopefully FGR survive this year and we replace em next year :)

1 person likes this

There's no mistaking it, Fylde are the form team at the moment and will carry the momentum into the play-offs. We were poor against them the other week, but all the same they were pretty good despite not being at their best (the highlights of their thrashings against Aldershot, Macclesfield and Tranmere at home are frighteningly good). .
I didn't see any of our games against Tranmere. If their play-off position is safe in a couple of weeks' time they'll probably rest against us in our final home game. By all accounts it sounds like they did a job on us too. It will most likely be Tranmere v Fylde in the play-off final.
Would be glad to see Tranmere go up, but would be happy to not have to play Fylde again. I think they'll have gone bust by the time we're knocking on the football league.

4 minutes ago, mj85 said:

Fylde v Tranmere final, Fylde to go up.

FGR v Fylde as a football league fixture- a sad day for the game. 

we all have to start somewhere, picture the scene 100 odd years ago, two old blokes at white hart lane, 'whats the game coming to eh bob? who are these lot from Liverpool? bloody pub team! 

Tranmere v Wrexham (or possibly Aldershot) would be my ideal final for a bumper crowd.

Ive got my ticket so would like a decent crowd rather than when the likes of FGR got to the final and took 2000 fans

3 minutes ago, chrisbo61 said:

we all have to start somewhere, picture the scene 100 odd years ago, two old blokes at white hart lane, 'whats the game coming to eh bob? who are these lot from Liverpool? bloody pub team! 

I wish they were a pub team, but they don't even have that kind of identity going for them.

5 minutes ago, olitheshayman said:

I wish they were a pub team, but they don't even have that kind of identity going for them.

it does seem all a bit identikit football the premiership, three Spaniards, three Eastern European three southamericans and a couple of token brits if you're lucky to make up numbers! 

I remember the time earlier in the season when (I think it was TJ) highlighted that Fylde might climb above us if we weren't careful

26 minutes ago, chrisbo61 said:

it does seem all a bit identikit football the premiership, three Spaniards, three Eastern European three southamericans and a couple of token brits if you're lucky to make up numbers! 

I wasn't talking about that, and anyway I'm not too fussed about that. The founders of the Premier league knew they could get what they wanted by allowing themselves to go global and cutting themselves off from the rest of the football league. The Premier League has always been a telly show to me, taking place on the airwaves rather than relying on the people who are physically there when the game is being played.
I was more making the point that, in fitting with our times where football clubs are set up and made by rich individuals rather than collective efforts, FGR and Fylde have sprouted up in the opposite sort of places where football clubs traditionally came together in the 20th century. They're suburb clubs. Did anyone who parked down that estate close to Fylde's ground the other week get a message slapped on their car saying 'no parking for football'? That happened to us when we visited their ground in September 2016. Fylde and FGR are set up in places where the people are not only apathetic about there being a football club, but where the locals do not want a football club at all. People move to the suburbs to avoid crowds and to keep themselves to themselves. They can polish the chrome grey breeze blocks and make the pitch organic if they want, it doesn't substitute the meaning that comes through collective effort that has to occur in a communal place.

52 minutes ago, olitheshayman said:

I wasn't talking about that, and anyway I'm not too fussed about that. The founders of the Premier league knew they could get what they wanted by allowing themselves to go global and cutting themselves off from the rest of the football league. The Premier League has always been a telly show to me, taking place on the airwaves rather than relying on the people who are physically there when the game is being played.
I was more making the point that, in fitting with our times where football clubs are set up and made by rich individuals rather than collective efforts, FGR and Fylde have sprouted up in the opposite sort of places where football clubs traditionally came together in the 20th century. They're suburb clubs. Did anyone who parked down that estate close to Fylde's ground the other week get a message slapped on their car saying 'no parking for football'? That happened to us when we visited their ground in September 2016. Fylde and FGR are set up in places where the people are not only apathetic about there being a football club, but where the locals do not want a football club at all. People move to the suburbs to avoid crowds and to keep themselves to themselves. They can polish the chrome grey breeze blocks and make the pitch organic if they want, it doesn't substitute the meaning that comes through collective effort that has to occur in a communal place.

fair point!