Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Adam Morgan

203 posts in this topic

it wouldnt be funny but i'd piss myself if billy heath became sligo manager

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, park drive stand said:

it wouldnt be funny but i'd piss myself if billy heath became sligo manager

More like Guiseley then buy Denton from us for 20k

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is Denton’s contract up at the end of the season if it is he will be going Free probably one of our top earners

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Erik Everhard said:

It might be controversial but I would keep Denton.

 

We want to take a step forward?

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

l would convert him to a centre half... hes no striker ! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Glenners said:

l would convert him to a centre half... hes no striker ! 

He would be lost if a nippy striker took him on.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Glenners said:

l would convert him to a centre half... hes no striker ! 

Leading scorer?

Get the team forward and putting crosses, throws and corners into the box he will get goals. Not sure who you think will get us goals.

Or we could rely on Mr Own Goal every game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, TheNorwegianViking said:

We want to take a step forward?

I'm not saying he should start every game but if we let him go, I think you might be surprised how many teams would give him a contract. As someone else says, the right delivery and plenty of it and he'll score. 2 or 3 chances a game isn't enough. Also, when we talk about his lack of pace you switch play and play possession football till he's in place. Our wingers going on darting runs from half way and then putting the ball in is pointless if the test of the team hasn't caught up. You do that when you have a pacy striker.

These are all things that I feel Jamie will work on.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Riders of Rohan said:

Leading scorer?

Get the team forward and putting crosses, throws and corners into the box he will get goals. Not sure who you think will get us goals.

Or we could rely on Mr Own Goal every game.

Misses a sitter every game. 

He's the leading  scorer because he's played almost every game. 

His goals per game rate is around 1 in every 5 games, 

Can't use his feet. 

Slows down every attack. 

Unbelievable you still can't see how poor he actually is. Open your sodding eyes lad. It's obvious every flipping week. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Erik Everhard said:

I'm not saying he should start every game but if we let him go, I think you might be surprised how many teams would give him a contract. As someone else says, the right delivery and plenty of it and he'll score. 2 or 3 chances a game isn't enough. Also, when we talk about his lack of pace you switch play and play possession football till he's in place. Our wingers going on darting runs from half way and then putting the ball in is pointless if the test of the team hasn't caught up. You do that when you have a pacy striker.

These are all things that I feel Jamie will work on.

Guarantee if we got rid of him noone in our league would sign him. Mainly because he isn't good enough for this league 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Greggs said:

Guarantee if we got rid of him noone in our league would sign him. Mainly because he isn't good enough for this league 

I think you'd find a few in our league would take him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Denton is our player, scores goals, get behind him & off his back.

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He’s our top scorer and useful in defence , but he does slow play down , when he doesn’t play our forwards are harassing their back 4 in a way Tom doesn’t , true they’ve only scored one between them but we did look more fluent tues night and picked up 4 points 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He does what he does, it's  up to the new manager if he has a role to play. As long as he is a Town player he deserves backing & respect although some on here don't know the meaning of the word. We aren't struggling for wins because of one player & currently the prodigal isn't doing it either.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Roy Race said:

He does what he does, it's  up to the new manager if he has a role to play. As long as he is a Town player he deserves backing & respect although some on here don't know the meaning of the word. We aren't struggling for wins because of one player & currently the prodigal isn't doing it either.

He has played a lot of games this season and the break (albeit through injury) might do him good and re charge his batteries. 

I honestly think all the teams below us would jump to sign him as well as a few around us.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Denton has 10 in 30 league games - 1 in 3.

Nearly every season under Wilder I just hoped someone would get double figures for the season but it only happened once or twice. Our top scorer always tended to be Killeen or Midgley with 7/8 goals

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Wilder Bollox said:

League of pub ?

5,300 at his first two games, so not a league you think it is. It is a league that has supplied more players to England than any other country bar Scotland.

Morgan could have been a real star at The Shay under the right management, sadly his form suffered 'cos he had a pub league manager who is now thankfully lined up for another pub league team

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Derbyshayman said:

Scored for Sligo Rovers yesterday

No surprise, under a proper coach he will keep banging them in, a natural born goal scorer.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, Shaytrev said:

5,300 at his first two games, so not a league you think it is. It is a league that has supplied more players to England than any other country bar Scotland.

Morgan could have been a real star at The Shay under the right management, sadly his form suffered 'cos he had a pub league manager who is now thankfully lined up for another pub league team

I wanted Morgan to be the answer and his ability was obvious. At the same time his negatives were equally obvious.  Thus far his career has followed a pattern that has seen him never establish himself in a team in the long run.  

I have not seen the Irish League but instinct tells me it is probably on a par with the Conference and lower end league 2. I hope he does manage to buck his career trend and establish himself properly there, but he is a long way from the  quality of the players that left the Shay to go onwards and upwards. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Let’s hope we have a sell on clause 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0