Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Appointment urgently needed

88 posts in this topic

5 hours ago, nw3casc1 said:

I'm still waiting...for the call. Seriously John, me/you could sort it...ive managed Sunday league teams...they responded to a bollocking...

Jesus.  Don't get him started.. 

1 person likes this

Not being funny but did anyone—the most virulent Heath outers included—expect owt different to a three-week manager search no matter how much time the board had to premeditate a sacking/replacement scenario?

It's tantamount to throwing games away in the meantime, but totally expected from last time.

3 people like this

Totally agree with these comments, most people round me today have just about had enough of the lack of skill, organization and commitment on show in the second half today 

Our new manger will need to work wonders with our current squad, board need to spend on one or two quality players if we are to stand any chance of stopping up

I've said it before and I'll say it again, the biggest driver is money - and we don't have it.

As was pointed out last week, we are one of 2 part time teams still left in the league ( and probably one of  2 left in the league and the top 10 of the Conference North), our crowd is fixed and to a large degree invariable - remember the play off crowd, how many of these have been converted to fans and our team sadly, gifted and not so gifted part time players who earn as much away from the field (or more) than on it.

Mr Heath, Mr Nicholson or whoever are the easier options for the Board, they appoint, give him the keys to the lorry and say drive - and when the driver is no good, they can get rid of him. 

It isn't the BoD that's on the field and I would hope that MrB and Co have little input into what goes on on the pitch

Bookies have us odds on to win tues, very strange 

5 hours ago, royals1922 said:

I've said it before and I'll say it again, the biggest driver is money - and we don't have it.

As was pointed out last week, we are one of 2 part time teams still left in the league ( and probably one of  2 left in the league and the top 10 of the Conference North), our crowd is fixed and to a large degree invariable - remember the play off crowd, how many of these have been converted to fans and our team sadly, gifted and not so gifted part time players who earn as much away from the field (or more) than on it.

Mr Heath, Mr Nicholson or whoever are the easier options for the Board, they appoint, give him the keys to the lorry and say drive - and when the driver is no good, they can get rid of him. 

I´ll repeat myself again................the BOD was prepared to take us on FT when we  had a shed load of debt now we are free of debt they are not that to me means that the passion has died, thats if they ever had any being BC supporters.

8 hours ago, Wilder Bollox said:

Thought they'd already (in their heads) lined up Heath to replace Aspin ?

No the ñove affair with Heath started after Kelly.

11 hours ago, Stasi Pants said:

Yeah, if you like.

It would take me 10 minutes on the back of a pack of fags to come up with a better fan experience than this lot have achieved in 10 years.

My 3 year old daughter would come up with a more inventive and relevant club badge.

And if I win £45,000 (that’s how much they’ve put in isn’t it?) on the lottery I’ll buy them out.

Listen, if some people want to sleepwalk back into the Conference North and probably stay there for a long time, that’s your lookout. 

I won’t be joining you. 

13 hours ago, sidscoop said:

Correct. 

The supporters does still exist. But it was forced almost into extinction by the board in the early days of the new club. It only exists now probably for two reasons. The cash it still has in the bank and the asset of community value application on the shay. Which is due again later this year.

Whatever anyone's thoughts on the bod though, there is no logic on them wanting the club relegated. Whilst they may not subsidise the club to any great measure, they will still want to see the club compete at the highest level possible.

3 people like this

Yesterday’s results have meant that any new manager is thrown into a fire fight with survival by any means the goal. No planning for next season, no issue of training ground or strategy for next season, personally would go for short term experienced manager with bonus for keeping us up and review end of season. Would imagine the job spec has changed since 3 weeks ago now

Only positive yesterday was the attendance, good effort for a club with 2 wins in 20 odd games .

We need the new manager announcement tomorrow, give everyone a lift and hope it has a positive effect on Tuesday .

2 people like this

said it before and say it again, NO AMBITION! 

The BOD will be quite happy for us to spend our time in conf north! 

11 hours ago, Don1864 said:

I agree fans can work in tandem with owners - unfortunately, we had a couple of sets of asset stripping owners that seemed hell bent on destroying the club.  Fan ownership seemed the only way forward for us.  We're never going to pull up trees as our budget has to be well controlled - if we can't afford it, we can't spend it.  What is nice to see though that we're getting much bigger crowds nowadays than we were getting when we were bumbling along in league 1. 

The Virtus Verona link is a strange one.  I think it's something to do with VV and Wrexham being involved in some sort of anti fascism organisation.  I think we've had visitors back and forth between the 2 clubs over the years.

Probably the most interesting link is with FC Magdeberg in Germany.  We had a hundred or so Magdeberg fans attend one of our games a month or so ago.  This dates back to when the 2 clubs met eachother in the European Cup Winners Cup back in 1979 - and there's been a friendly link ever since.

Interesting.

Didn’t we used to have a bunch of Sparta Rotterdam fans visit us? 

Good luck for the rest of the season, hope you go up and we stay up. You won’t forgive me for saying this but I’ve had a sneaky feeling for Tranmere for a while now.

Better you than Macc or a southern team though.

I think somewhere I read someone suggesting Jason Ainsley as the next boss.

Having watched Spennymoor yesterday, if people didn’t like Heaths management, they wouldn’t like his.

Constant ‘game plan’ of pass it around the back before either centre back launched it to the target man. Seriously dull. 

8 hours ago, royals1922 said:

There’s only 5 full time clubs in the whole of the Conf north. Top 10 has 4 full time and 6 part time...

15 hours ago, Shaymen2008 said:

As I have said before, for the board,  relegation isn't as disasterous for them as it will be for us fans. Financially there will be less spent on travelling, less on wages and no need to go full time. Crowds won't drop too much as we have a hardcore support of nearly 1000 and away support will probably be better with the likes of York and Kidderminster will bring more than the likes of Torquay and Sutton. Sponsership will be the unknown quantity, a lot will depend on who we appoint as manager and how well he recruits during the summer. 

For them they still have their toy and can still run it like a car franchise.

Exactly why I wont be getting a season ticket if we go down

14 hours ago, AFC Halifax said:

If staying up is the main objective then yes, as Young looked like a rabbit caught in the headlights today and offered absolutely nothing from the touchline 

Why blame him when the he has to work with a crap squad?

14 hours ago, Riders of Rohan said:

This is the frustration with Bosomworth and this board. Everything takes ages to do.

Both Leeds and Bradford City sacked their managers after us, but have a replacement in place long before us.

If we had 120 applications how many do you think City got, most of them nutters and crackpots that can be immediately binned. 

Our chairman is not called Dithering Dave for nothing

10 minutes ago, Shayite 432 said:

Why blame him when the he has to work with crap squad?

He got that squad a point at the league leaders after going a goal down and just like Heath he followed it up with a Shite performance .

It's not the players its the person barking out orders , you are 1 up at half time we should have gone on and won that game but we came out second half a different team , Macdonald was a big loss but you can't put it down to losing one player , what did he say at half time or was he just outwitted by his opposite number . 

Wilder was good at reading the game , if it wasn't going well in the first half we were better second half , that's why he is where he is . I don't know what Young said but it had the opposite effect 

4 minutes ago, monk said:

He got that squad a point at the league leaders after going a goal down and just like Heath he followed it up with a Shite performance .

It's not the players its the person barking out orders , you are 1 up at half time we should have gone on and won that game but we came out second half a different team , Macdonald was a big loss but you can't put it down to losing one player , what did he say at half time or was he just outwitted by his opposite number . 

Wilder was good at reading the game , if it wasn't going well in the first half we were better second half , that's why he is where he is . I don't know what Young said but it had the opposite effect 

interesting point you make about Young being outwitted by his opponent, I agree entirely with that. 

Town came out and played their usual lack lustre second half, which we have all become used to! is it an arrogance? I dont know, but Ebbsfleet came out pumped, I dont think I've seen a more passionate manager, and the players obviuosly respect him. 

very frustrating for me, and I assume everyone else to witness our team who seem to not give a flying one, slow into action and almost looking afraid to actually commit to attacking! 

as a side note I thought Matt Brown was poor yesterday! 

They did bring on the lad who they signed from Dagenham , he scored the equaliser ,  you could see what it meant to their bench .

It gave them all a lift and they went on to win the game , we could have put the game to bed first half like we did against Chester but poor finishing and a brick wall of a keeper stopped that.

11 hours ago, Trackingback said:

Left it a few hours to see if I can find a reason to be cheerful but, crikey, this is bad. Not just that we're heading for the trapdoor - sport is sport and sometimes that's the way it goes - but just the stench of decay that's pervading the club. I've been watching Town for 41 years and have never felt so overwhelmingly deflated as today. Where is the hope? Where is the future? This is now a club that is slowly dying. No desire by the board to compete. Ten years on, where's the progress?

I'm quickly losing the ability to dust myself down and go again after four decades when the direction of travel is  downwards with no prospect of returning. Those of you who are relatively new to this form of self abuse may call me out, but at this moment, I'm very close to throwing in the towel - just like the majority of the players did today, overseen by  a board who are royally taking the pi$$.

Correct, no enjoyment in watching halifax anymore and I’ve said this for ages. But you get the usuals saying “ah you’re not a supporter or go **** off somewhere else then” it’s stupid as there really isn’t any enjoyment. 

Managerial appointment is taking ages to pick and isn’t helping, it’s going to be the cheap option again and I still think we will go down. 

The board are showing no ambition to even survive in this league at all. 

Yesterday 2nd half I think the players gave up and it’s like they know they’re going down, no passion, no pride yesterday at all and paying £18 for people to see that no wonder people get annoyed. They walked off that pitch and only people annoyed were Kosylo and Brown! 

18 hours ago, Riders of Rohan said:

This is the frustration with Bosomworth and this board. Everything takes ages to do.

Both Leeds and Bradford City sacked their managers after us, but have a replacement in place long before us.

If we had 120 applications how many do you think City got, most of them nutters and crackpots that can be immediately binned. 

Nutters and crackpots occasionally have in recent history been appointed by the influence of PowerPoint!

1 person likes this

This BOD has actually had a reasonable track record on managerial appointments despite constantly waiting by the reduced counter in the managerial supermarket.

Vince dud

Aspin legend promotions

Kelly dud

Harvey - Wembley victory and possibly the greatest day ever for a Shayman

Heath promotion and lead team to the top of the conference 

what worries me is every time we have needed funds to kick on Mr Micawber has said no and this includes the bizarre ignorance of capitalising on marketing opportunities. 

Vince did ok seeing as he had about a month to cobble together a team , kept us in contention till Easter. Aspin did as expected, play offs in conf exceeded expectations, Kelly dud, Harvey shitebag, Heath great first season but the writing was on the wall at Xmas.

1 person likes this