Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Appointment urgently needed

88 posts in this topic

This team based on that 2nd half is lacking motivation, leadership, desire and quality. The board have to pull their finger out and make an appointment this weekend. Tuesday is now the biggest game of the season so far, lose and we could be in the bottom 4. The second interviews have been done apparently so absolutey nothing to wait for. The new man should be in place now and hopefully having a meeting with all the squad tomorrow to tell them exactly what is expected from them. 

2 people like this

I'm still waiting...for the call. Seriously John, me/you could sort it...ive managed Sunday league teams...they responded to a bollocking...

Do this board want us in the conference. North? I think they do..

1 minute ago, nw3casc1 said:

Based on that 2nd half I think the majority of the players do also. 

From a financial point of view, I think the BOD would prefer us in the North. 

The best thing for us would be for the chimp chokers to go pop thereby taking one place out of the running.

The majority of the team are conference north quality unfortunately 

1 person likes this

10 minutes ago, nw3casc1 said:

As I have said before, for the board,  relegation isn't as disasterous for them as it will be for us fans. Financially there will be less spent on travelling, less on wages and no need to go full time. Crowds won't drop too much as we have a hardcore support of nearly 1000 and away support will probably be better with the likes of York and Kidderminster will bring more than the likes of Torquay and Sutton. Sponsership will be the unknown quantity, a lot will depend on who we appoint as manager and how well he recruits during the summer. 

For them they still have their toy and can still run it like a car franchise.

1 person likes this

14 minutes ago, sidscoop said:

From a financial point of view, I think the BOD would prefer us in the North. 

Why?

1 person likes this

12 minutes ago, Bubba said:

Why?

Obviously more away fans and massively less travelling plus we may win a few 

1 person likes this

30 minutes ago, Bubba said:

Why?

The curent BOD have zero appetite for the investment required for FL , we are teetering on the brink of relegation due to their myopic view and feckless levels of investment.

1 person likes this

It only matters to us fans what league were in, the BOD wouldn’t care if we went down, the income and the ougoings would even themselves out. Personally I think the BOD are already planning for relegation.

1 person likes this

Just now, LeedsShaymen said:

It only matters to us fans what league were in, the BOD wouldn’t care if we went down, the income and the ougoings would even themselves out. Personally I think the BOD are already planning for relegation.

Correct

For the first time this season I left a game thinking we could get relegated. For the second 45 minutes the players looked like a team that had thrown in the towel. 

2 people like this

2 minutes ago, LeedsShaymen said:

Why sack Heath if they are preparing for relegation? That doesn't make sense. Leave Heath in charge and you go down they have a scapegoat, sacking him tells me they want to stay up. 

3 people like this

Bosomworth for centre forward with Ham feeding off him and Peacock on the wing

1 hour ago, AFC Halifax said:

This team based on that 2nd half is lacking motivation, leadership, desire and quality. The board have to pull their finger out and make an appointment this weekend. Tuesday is now the biggest game of the season so far, lose and we could be in the bottom 4. The second interviews have been done apparently so absolutey nothing to wait for. The new man should be in place now and hopefully having a meeting with all the squad tomorrow to tell them exactly what is expected from them. 

Depends on whether the chosen one is currently employed or not! If he is there will be a compensation package to be negotiated, if the current employers play hard-ball there may be a delay before they get who they want.

1 minute ago, Angus said:

Depends on whether the chosen one is currently employed or not! If he is there will be a compensation package to be negotiated, if the current employers play hard-ball there may be a delay before they get who they want.

And that surely has to be thought about before offering someone the job. We can not hang on much longer. We need a leader off the pitch. 

1 minute ago, AFC Halifax said:

For the first time this season I left a game thinking we could get relegated. For the second 45 minutes the players looked like a team that had thrown in the towel. 

Fail to win against Hartlepool and were down. Each week teams below us pick up points while we don’t. I fear that if we drop into the bottom 4 we won’t get back out.

4 minutes ago, AFC Halifax said:

And that surely has to be thought about before offering someone the job. We can not hang on much longer. We need a leader off the pitch. 

You think getting someone in quickly is more important that getting the right man? Really?

1 minute ago, LeedsShaymen said:

Fail to win against Hartlepool and were down. Each week teams below us pick up points while we don’t. I fear that if we drop into the bottom 4 we won’t get back out.

Can't really argue with that. Difficult to see where three points will come from. If Hartlepool still have the same pace in their side it won't be tuesday. 

9 minutes ago, AFC Halifax said:

Why sack Heath if they are preparing for relegation? That doesn't make sense. Leave Heath in charge and you go down they have a scapegoat, sacking him tells me they want to stay up. 

By sacking Heath it looks like they are trying, while I suspect that secretly they know financially their possibly better of in the league below.

3 minutes ago, Angus said:

You think getting someone in quickly is more important that getting the right man? Really?

If staying up is the main objective then yes, as Young looked like a rabbit caught in the headlights today and offered absolutely nothing from the touchline 

7 minutes ago, vinnyweknuts said:

The curent BOD have zero appetite for the investment required for FL , we are teetering on the brink of relegation due to their myopic view and feckless levels of investment.

Correct.

If we go down, which is looking increasingly likely, I’m finished.

I’ve had enough of this boards incompetency, lack of funding, ambition, and lack of respect for fans and the old club.

And no I haven’t been drinking. 

The only thing that would entice me back is a new board with fan representation, and I don’t mean the hangers on who continuously defend the current mediocrity and unprofessionalism on here.

Perhaps the name Halifax Town A.F.C. is available to use again? Perhaps the fans could have a vote on a club badge? Like we should have done when the Bradford North Koreans took over. 

This club and board is stale to the core. If Bosomworth & Co think us mugs are just going to carry on propping up their plaything regardless of what division we’re in, think again. Some will, but it’ll be the end for more than just me I expect.

1 person likes this

2 minutes ago, Stasi Pants said:

Correct.

If we go down, which is looking increasingly likely, I’m finished.

I’ve had enough of this boards incompetency, lack of funding, ambition, and lack of respect for fans and the old club.

And no I haven’t been drinking. 

The only thing that would entice me back is a new board with fan representation, and I don’t mean the hangers on who continuously defend the current mediocrity and unprofessionalism on here.

Perhaps the name Halifax Town A.F.C. is available to use again? Perhaps the fans could have a vote on a club badge? Like we should have done when the Bradford North Koreans took over. 

This club and board is stale to the core. If Bosomworth & Co think us mugs are just going to carry on propping up their plaything regardless of what division we’re in, think again. Some will, but it’ll be the end for more than just me I expect.

Have a lie down and get a grip.