Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Rugby

83 posts in this topic

9 minutes ago, AFC Halifax said:

Don't get this order on line for a discount, what's the benefit for the club? Why not just charge £2 less. 

Meant to speed entrance on a matchday by not handling cash etc but I am not convinced as you have to queue to collect your ticket then queue for the turnstiles. Was a ballache at Oxford and Leigh to name two 

8 minutes ago, chadders said:

Meant to speed entrance on a matchday by not handling cash etc but I am not convinced as you have to queue to collect your ticket then queue for the turnstiles. Was a ballache at Oxford and Leigh to name two 

At our level in both football & rugby when you only get stadiums 20 to 30% full not sure speed of entrance is an issue 

45 minutes ago, AFC Halifax said:

Don't get this order on line for a discount, what's the benefit for the club? Why not just charge £2 less. 

Because some buy a ticket and then can’t make it 

likewise other who have bought a ticket are less likely to cry off if the change their mind 

6 minutes ago, Nick said:

Because some buy a ticket and then can’t make it 

likewise other who have bought a ticket are less likely to cry off if the change their mind 

Seems as though the reason is a financial one to cut down on bank charges 

Dont cards charge com. when buying on line. 6% in resturaunts.

believe also used in some circumstances to stop light fingered turnstile operators not that there would be any at such a ethical rugby club

29 minutes ago, StVn1987 said:

believe also used in some circumstances to stop light fingered turnstile operators not that there would be any at such a ethical rugby club

But then isn`t there less for the directors to pocket, errr, i mean securely transport to the bank? 

3 hours ago, chadders said:

A smart dressed bloke in Yates has just shown me a text from his mate who is the match referee and its definitely on.

A smart dress bloke in Yates , it must have been the bouncer

1 person likes this

4 hours ago, spartan said:

The pitch is like a pudding it will be f~€led by half time. I’ve had an exchange of views with some of their staff the official line is FU€K the football apparently it’s a rugby pitch and not a football field. 

3994E002-4D6E-471D-8ED1-87F3FEA21C03.jpeg

You have to laugh at some of the stuff posted on here. You have to laugh more that some people will actually believe that.

1 person likes this

This isn’t going to be good for our free-flowing on the deck style of football.

2 people like this

One thing is right though and that is the pitch is in a shocking state and I doubt the overnight freeze will do it any good what so ever.

Just now, Stasi Pants said:

This isn’t going to be good for our free-flowing on the deck style of football.

Just hit the ball along the deck, might score some more goals, every chance of a Collymore now.

3 minutes ago, Greg Florimos Boots said:

You have to laugh at some of the stuff posted on here. You have to laugh more that some people will actually believe that.

I heard from a reliable source that they mud wrestled the entire second half without realising that there was no ball on the pitch and only found out at the final hooter. Do you deny this also?

1 person likes this

3 games in 4 days next weekend, hope we have a dry and frost free week.

1 person likes this

once the egg Chasers knack the pitch next Sunday.. The followingTuesday game will be off...

That boots tit is just trying to take the pass, he thinks it's funny just to like everything. Typical Rugby League meat head. He will probably like this. I wonder if he once played  and got damaged playing the stupid game.

perhaps Rochdale might give us a few tons of sand to keep us going!

4 hours ago, percy shaw said:

£22 adults, £17 OAPs, £13 students.

Bargain.

That is a lot more that i pay to watch the Canberra Raiders.  And yes i love Rugby League.

1 person likes this

I was at the game today. The pitch cut up quite badly. I fear the worst for next week when there is 2 games in 2 days. It was cutting up enough today!

1 hour ago, canberracol said:

That is a lot more that i pay to watch the Canberra Raiders.  And yes i love Rugby League.

How big are the crowds Col? That's probably how they manage to do it cheaper. Most likely get a decent pay out from the TV companies as well.

3 hours ago, Greg Florimos Boots said:

And obviously you were present to disclaim it. 

12 hours ago, spartan said:

And obviously you were present to disclaim it. 

If its the official line then point me to it. Ive heard nothing of the sort from many discussions with officials from the club. None of our officials had any say in whether that game went ahead yesterday or not so why some people are obsessed with stirring up trouble between the 2 clubs is beyond me.

1 person likes this

3 minutes ago, Greg Florimos Boots said:

If its the official line then point me to it. Ive heard nothing of the sort from many discussions with officials from the club. None of our officials had any say in whether that game went ahead yesterday or not so why some people are obsessed with stirring up trouble between the 2 clubs is beyond me.

Bad time to come on here , come back in April when we have a new manager and have pulled away from the bottom four the mood will be better , the state of the pitch and the relationship between the clubs is the least of our worries.