Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

This week was the perfect time for Heath to go

51 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, oldskir said:

Some people want Heath to go, some still support him. Fair enough.

What I'd say is if you were going to sack him, this week was the ideal window of opportunity. We've gone 12 games without a win, approaching 3 months. The chances of getting anything at Aldershot are very slim in any scenario, so you could write that game off. There is then a 2 week gap until the next League game, the crunch meeting with Chester, a must win game. So there was a space of over 2 weeks to carry out a careful process of recruiting a new manager, to have him in place for Chester. And then to give him time to assess the squad prior to the vital January transfer window.

But it looks like Bosomworth will not act. So the alternative now is he must back Heath to the hilt with the money for some deperately needed new signings. And he should make it clear that Kossy stays until the end of the season, because that is our best chance of avoiding relegation.

Would agree entirely but fear Kossy may not play again this season for anyone.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, oldskir said:

Some people want Heath to go, some still support him. Fair enough.

What I'd say is if you were going to sack him, this week was the ideal window of opportunity. We've gone 12 games without a win, approaching 3 months. The chances of getting anything at Aldershot are very slim in any scenario, so you could write that game off. There is then a 2 week gap until the next League game, the crunch meeting with Chester, a must win game. So there was a space of over 2 weeks to carry out a careful process of recruiting a new manager, to have him in place for Chester. And then to give him time to assess the squad prior to the vital January transfer window.

But it looks like Bosomworth will not act. So the alternative now is he must back Heath to the hilt with the money for some deperately needed new signings. And he should make it clear that Kossy stays until the end of the season, because that is our best chance of avoiding relegation.

There is no way DB would find a new manager in 2 weeks. Make that 2 months.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Firstly I don't think Kosylo will play again for us.

Secondly I disagree entirely, not because I am expressing a view pro or against Mr Heath but because Mr Heath could point to the fact that we had only a very small amount of players to use for the Aldershot game and then say it was unfair to sack him at this point. 

Then all the dirty washing might come out and none of us would want that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I want Heath gone nearly as much as everyone else but i think people need to accept it isn't happening now. I agree that this was the perfect time to sack him should we have gone down that route but the board either disagrees or they are too stingy to pay him off.

The only slight sympathy i have for Heath currently is our awful injury/suspenion record. We only have 14 first team players available this weekend... Maybe 12 if Clackstone and Middletons loans aren't extended for any reason.

Think the board need to take as much responsibility as Heath should we go down. I find it hard to see us turning it round this time round. Too many things going wrong. I geniunely think it will be a miracle as it stands if we stay up. I don't see any slight signs of us turning it around

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, AJS said:

I want Heath gone nearly as much as everyone else but i think people need to accept it isn't happening now. I agree that this was the perfect time to sack him should we have gone down that route but the board either disagrees or they are too stingy to pay him off.

The only slight sympathy i have for Heath currently is our awful injury/suspenion record. We only have 14 first team players available this weekend... Maybe 12 if Clackstone and Middletons loans aren't extended for any reason.

Think the board need to take as much responsibility as Heath should we go down. I find it hard to see us turning it round this time round. Too many things going wrong. I geniunely think it will be a miracle as it stands if we stay up. I don't see any slight signs of us turning it around

There are a few other teams in trouble. Orient is about to go boom, Solihull and a few of the other teams are struggling too.

For me as I've said all week, it's about money. I'd estimate (only assumption)  it would cost us 30 grand to sack Mr Heath and all the other incidentals  ( without even considering replacement manager's costs) and at most if we lose at Aldershot, we won't lose anything from the away gate.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, royals1922 said:

There are a few other teams in trouble. Orient is about to go boom, Solihull and a few of the other teams are struggling too.

For me as I've said all week, it's about money. I'd estimate (only assumption)  it would cost us 30 grand to sack Mr Heath and all the other incidentals  ( without even considering replacement manager's costs) and at most if we lose at Aldershot, we won't lose anything from the away gate.

He'll see his contract out. Depends on where we finish this season then.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

But then what do we offer him a new deal if he keeps us up?

He's the reason we have persisted with conference north players this season clearly because they were his chums at ferriby. 

He stays then we go offering new deals to all the dead wood just because heath cant see they arnt good enough. 

Hes either gone now or gone at the end of the season theres no way for me that he will be manager next season. 

So what we waiting for to actually be relegated before we make a call. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Greggs said:

But then what do we offer him a new deal if he keeps us up?

He's the reason we have persisted with conference north players this season clearly because they were his chums at ferriby. 

He stays then we go offering new deals to all the dead wood just because heath cant see they arnt good enough. 

Hes either gone now or gone at the end of the season theres no way for me that he will be manager next season. 

So what we waiting for to actually be relegated before we make a call. 

Do we **** offer him a new deal!! We need him out as soon as possible. He’s ruining the club. The crowds are dropping, no entertainment anymore, poor results, doesn’t have a good connection with the fans at all and he’s certainly not well liked at the club bar the few heath lovers we have on here. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, royals1922 said:

There are a few other teams in trouble. Orient is about to go boom, Solihull and a few of the other teams are struggling too.

For me as I've said all week, it's about money. I'd estimate (only assumption)  it would cost us 30 grand to sack Mr Heath and all the other incidentals  ( without even considering replacement manager's costs) and at most if we lose at Aldershot, we won't lose anything from the away gate.

Would like to point out I don’t think Solihull will go down. Another team who are similar budget to us but can bring in good players. Jamey Osbourne, Akwasi Asante etc have gone back to them. 

Edited by TJAshton

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, TJAshton said:

Do we **** offer him a new deal!! We need him out as soon as possible. He’s ruining the club. The crowds are dropping, no entertainment anymore, poor results, doesn’t have a good connection with the fans at all and he’s certainly not well liked at the club bar the few heath lovers we have on here. 

Do your maths. Let's say we lost 200 supporters for 10 games at 15 pounds per person - that is 30,000.

If we sacked Mr Heath it might cost us 30,000 without even considering the new manager's costs.

As for next year, we've cleaned out a lot of the players not up to it and we'll see another 4-6 changes before next year, excluding the possibility of management change between now and next year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If we go down with Heath still in charge we’d then have a manager who has 2 successful promotions from conf north, do the board sack him and make wholesale changes on gambling on a new manager, blimey what a dilemma that would be 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

To be cyncial. if Mr Heath's motives were not in Towns interests, sacking  him now would have given him a payout ( and some time for holidays)   to be back in time until the post Christmas sackings when he could rightly point out that not only was he  responsible for 2 teams' promotions but also has now has League experience, travelled to and hosted the opposition teams  and was familiar with the players in the league.

Maybe I'm just too cynical.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Omg !!! Greggs is Billy Heath ! Both glory in Halifax losing by the more goals the better :rolleyes:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Rare photo of Chrisbo61 and Billy at a training session.

 

It's certainly a bum note for this flexible individual during an outdoor yoga class 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Ash said:

We won't go down. There are 4 far worse teams than us believe it or not. Once we get some players back fit, key players too and we get a settled defence again the results will turn around. I'm not talking championship form but enough to finish midtable. Then the board have a choice to make. Are they happy in this division being in the bottom third budget wise and still part time or do they take a bit of a gamble and go for it? Gambling however does have its risks and nobody would want to go back to 2008 again would they?

Who ash?? Solihull I can’t see going down as they’ve signed some good players who used to play for them. 

Guiseley won’t go down, money to spend, bought some experienced players and have a good manager. 

Torquay won’t go down, they deserved to beat us at they shay and played really good football and have also got good players like gowling, Mcquoid and Luke young etc and recent results for them have shown that. 

And eastleigh and Leyton Orient won’t go down either. 

So tbh Ash I don’t know who we are better than????

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Angus said:

Rare photo of Chrisbo61 and Billy at a training session.

 

It's certainly a bum note for this flexible individual during an outdoor yoga class 

I saw that film- Carry on up the Khyber. Sid James was terrific

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, TJAshton said:

Who ash?? Solihull I can’t see going down as they’ve signed some good players who used to play for them. 

Guiseley won’t go down, money to spend, bought some experienced players and have a good manager. 

Torquay won’t go down, they deserved to beat us at they shay and played really good football and have also got good players like gowling, Mcquoid and Luke young etc and recent results for them have shown that. 

And eastleigh and Leyton Orient won’t go down either. 

So tbh Ash I don’t know who we are better than????

Solihull, Guiseley, Chester and Torquay. They are at least 8 points behind us! 8! and thats after we haven't won for 12 games. They would have to seriously pick up some form to overtake us.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Ash said:

Solihull, Guiseley, Chester and Torquay. They are at least 8 points behind us! 8! and thats after we haven't won for 12 games. They would have to seriously pick up some form to overtake us.

Well they don’t?? 

Torquay I’m sure will overtake us soon and same with guiseley. 

Mid we lose Saturday which is very very likely and on of them win that’s obviously only 5 points so it’s not exactly loads. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Management and players aren't giving interviews with the Courier today, never a good sign.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, TJAshton said:

Do we **** offer him a new deal!! We need him out as soon as possible. He’s ruining the club. The crowds are dropping, no entertainment anymore, poor results, doesn’t have a good connection with the fans at all and he’s certainly not well liked at the club bar the few heath lovers we have on here. 

How exactly is he ruining the club? He got us promoted for god sake. Yes we are in a bad run of form but we are Halifax Town that is going to happen at some point irrespective of who is in charge. Dropping crowds has happened before and will happen again even when Billy is no longer with us.  We need to realise that given the part-time status and budget that we have to work with in comparison to most of the clubs in the league will likely see us finish in the mid to lower end of the Conference national barring anything exceptional happening.

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Chris Wilder and Neil Aspin have had similar runs in the past. Probably 2 of our most successful managers in the past 100 years.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Angus said:

Rare photo of Chrisbo61 and Billy at a training session.

 

It's certainly a bum note for this flexible individual during an outdoor yoga class 

im sorry i dont understand how you get the impression im up his arse! just because i dont have a jerk reaction when we lose, even though we have several players out injured or suspended!

im happy to be proved wrong but a few blokes on a forum shouting heath out means f all and to be honest makes most of them look a bit silly. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Shergar4 said:

How exactly is he ruining the club? He got us promoted for god sake. Yes we are in a bad run of form but we are Halifax Town that is going to happen at some point irrespective of who is in charge. Dropping crowds has happened before and will happen again even when Billy is no longer with us.  We need to realise that given the part-time status and budget that we have to work with in comparison to most of the clubs in the league will likely see us finish in the mid to lower end of the Conference national barring anything exceptional happening.

But usually people like the manager we have. 

However last season and this season people aren’t coming because the football is crap, he’s not exactly well liked and there’s no signings whatsoever to improve the team. So yes he is, it’s not only me that says he’s ruining the club just take a look at Twitter and Facebook every Saturday :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0