Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Harry Middleton

128 posts in this topic

3 minutes ago, Hxmitch said:

I was pleased with Harry’s performance on Saturday and his class showed throughout the match and together with the two Hull players we are a stronger team.

What  pleased me more is the after match comments of Harry Middleton and how Neil Aspin had favourable comments on town which led Harry signing for a months loan. Many on here forever knock Neil, for once let’s give him credit.

Very much in the Sinnott mould 

Better player than Sinnott, more mobile, challenges for the ball and moves about the pitch.

Both better than Oliver.

sadly true and very frustrating that is only on loan for a monthe. 

its like Jim Bowens famous 'heres what you could have had'. 

12 minutes ago, chrisbo61 said:

lets hope mr young can do a job! 

F%ck me I have more chance of falling in love and cohabiting with you chrsbo.:doh::doh:

steve, everybody that knows me loves me, so thats a distinct possibility. 

1 person likes this

4 hours ago, Steve Lanzarote said:

These players are out there we just have to find them.

As do 90 odd football league clubs and numerous non league with bigger budgets than ourselves.

16 minutes ago, chadders said:

As do 90 odd football league clubs and numerous non league with bigger budgets than ourselves.

Come on old timer surely you know there are 92 league clubs? :doh::D

3 hours ago, Riders of Rohan said:

Of course there are we are the 5th level of the game so there is a considerable stack of better players at better clubs. The problem is the better wages that go with being a better player.

Time you gave people a chance to prove themselves, this hatred of Neil Young does you no favours.

This wage thing is a fallacy.

Don´t hate anyone just tend to like the right person for a job and far far better scouts applied.

1 person likes this

23 minutes ago, chadders said:

Bigger budget clubs are after more experienced players. TBH they are welcome to them..........OK an instance Blythe signed Cartwright  RB youth player not made it at Midd. going great guns, is their budget higher than ours?

Edited by Steve Lanzarote
1 person likes this

30 minutes ago, chadders said:

Yeah, with two of the richest men in West Yorkshire among our Directors how on earth can we ever compete with Blyth, Spennymoor and Shaw Lane?

11 minutes ago, Steve Lanzarote said:

Bigger budget clubs are after more experienced players. TBH they are welcome to them..........OK an instance Blythe signed Cartwright  RB youth player not made it at Midd. going great guns, is their budget higher than ours?

Location will have been a major factor I suspect.

2 minutes ago, chadders said:

Location will have been a major factor I suspect.

Or maybe not. I doubt 35 miles would make much difference if a player is wanting to resurrect his career.

4 minutes ago, Steve Lanzarote said:

Or maybe not. I doubt 35 miles would make much difference if a player is wanting to resurrect his career.

Depends on his ambition and away from football employment.

7 minutes ago, chadders said:

Depends on his ambition and away from football employment.

And could easily depend on the fact we are not looking hard enough. We could go on for ever Mr Chaders.:P:P

1 minute ago, Bobbins said:

Feck knows. But don't let that get in the way of a moan about recruitment.

Our budget could be higher but it's just possible that the wages Blythe offered are more than we'd want to spend on a right back when we've a perfectly good one who's due back from injury in a month, a back up who's a willing squad player and a loanee who's come in to give extra cover.
It's also possible that the kid doesn't drive, so Blythe is infinitely more appealing as a part time club than we'd be - local and more likely to actually play first team football.

Let's blame our scout/board/manager/assistant/training facilities/the blue sox/club shop/Chadders though.

And lets just put the blame where it should be. This was only an example, put your wig back on.

14 minutes ago, Steve Lanzarote said:

And could easily depend on the fact we are not looking hard enough. We could go on for ever Mr Chaders.:P:P

The money is clearly there to spend on a couple of decent players, K Roberts, Liam King, Gregory, FA Trophy final, FA Trophy winnings, Play Off Money it just doesn’t seem to get spent wisely on players now I don’t know if that’s because they’re scared to spend it or DB loves to keep a bit of it. 

Edited by TJAshton

1 hour ago, Steve Lanzarote said:

This wage thing is a fallacy.

Don´t hate anyone just tend to like the right person for a job and far far better scouts applied.

And of course you would know that, no doubt back page in the Lanzarote Times.

1 hour ago, Shaytrev said:

Yeah, with two of the richest men in West Yorkshire among our Directors how on earth can we ever compete with Blyth, Spennymoor and Shaw Lane?

I don't any of our Directors on this list.Pure speculation Trev!

rich.JPG

I clearly stated West Yorkshire. Every Yorkshireman should know where the money is and that is North Yorkshire.