Sutton Saturday

132 posts in this topic

Time to move forwards

Plastic pitch so possible rest for Denton with Waring playing the Peniket role, I honestly believe that Heath likes plastic and we stand a chance in this one

1 person likes this

Unsure why Denton is deemed unsuitable for plastic surfaces but if the alternative is 2/3 up top and a football approach then i'm all in favour.Two up top including Denton would be my preferred formation though on any surface.

7 minutes ago, eddies mate said:

Unsure why Denton is deemed unsuitable for plastic surfaces but if the alternative is 2/3 up top and a football approach then i'm all in favour.Two up top including Denton would be my preferred formation though on any surface.

Plastic is a far quicker surface, if Denton plays, the game passes him by

1 minute ago, crowtherjcbravo said:

he can't run on grass never mind plastic :doh:

Exactly his threat is aeriel never pace.

1 hour ago, crowtherjcbravo said:

what threat would that be if he is back defending?

jesus wept! 

56 minutes ago, chrisbo61 said:

jesus wept! 

How many times was he unable to run for the ball against Woking?  Weep all you want but unless it lands on his head he is stuffed.

12 minutes ago, crowtherjcbravo said:

How many times was he unable to run for the ball against Woking?  Weep all you want but unless it lands on his head he is stuffed.

which is why he is an aerial threat! 

because he is an aerial threat he needs a man playing off him, which worked very well on saturday!

all we need now is the bloke playing off him to be able to score goals! and round and round we go again! 

6 hours ago, Wilder Bollox said:

Plastic is a far quicker surface, if Denton plays, the game passes him by

Knock downs likely to skip away off the surface too, unless we play someone smart enough to read them, and close enough to get to them.

2 hours ago, chrisbo61 said:

which is why he is an aerial threat! 

because he is an aerial threat he needs a man playing off him, which worked very well on saturday!

all we need now is the bloke playing off him to be able to score goals! and round and round we go again! 

Worked very well?There wasn't a player within 30 yards of him all game.

2 people like this

Forget the bad run of form and all the issues we have at the moment. Get behind the team for this match against Sutton and show the players what this club means to us and what it should mean to them

Get our nippy small free scoring forwards in for the game, coupled with our ball winning creative nippy CM's with a taste for goal, our speedy agile wide men with the taut mobile back four should be a winning formula, sort it Billy ( agile, nippy manager)

1 person likes this

56 minutes ago, ashy1966 said:

Worked very well?There wasn't a player within 30 yards of him all game.

you must be blind as well as disloyal to your club! 

11 minutes ago, chrisbo61 said:

I'll have a pint of what you are on.

7 minutes ago, Shaytrev said:

I'll have a pint of what you are on.

no point trev, real lifes wasted on you! 

30 minutes ago, chrisbo61 said:

Do you actually realise what you put half the time. You actually talk so much shite it’s unbelievable. 1 up top with no one around him and you say it worked very well. :lol:

1 person likes this

Looking forward to the visit from you guys on Saturday .. if you play slick passing football the 3G pitch will suit you fine, 3 big points to play for .. it should be a cracking match 

5 minutes ago, Alfie yellows said:

Looking forward to the visit from you guys on Saturday .. if you play slick passing football the 3G pitch will suit you fine, 3 big points to play for .. it should be a cracking match 

Hah Slick Passing football and Halifax do not even go in the same phrase. 

Useless punts up field and halifax town go though. 

Edited by TJAshton

6 minutes ago, TJAshton said:

Hah Slick Passing football and Halifax do not even go in the same phrase. 

Useless punts up field and halifax town go though. 

Mmmm .. the u’s do play fast, passing football .. not quite sure what your game plan will be.. .. you’ll be alright 

7 hours ago, TJAshton said:

Do you actually realise what you put half the time. You actually talk so much shite it’s unbelievable. 1 up top with no one around him and you say it worked very well. :lol:

80% of Dentons headers were collected by a Town player on Saturday, if you bother to watch. its not his fault that they csnt be converted into goals. 

get your head out of your arse. 

18 hours ago, Wilder Bollox said:

Time to move forwards

Move forwards??!!!!?!?!!!!!??????!! Can't be talking about Denton then, I've had faster bowel movements!!!!!???!!?!!!?!!!?!!!!????

We do indeed change our game plan and formations on the plastic, and had some of our best games on it last season. I prefer au naturale over the sterile, less physical astroturf game and it's certainly created an overall advantage to those who've used it in the non-league. It was specified before we first played on plastic under Heath that Denton wasn't as keen a player on it, so Town lineups have come about that the opposition haven't been able to observe. I'd even have Dion Charles in the squad, and sadly I only reckon he's had a really good performance at FC United and Harrogant before. Those players of ours who dribble more have shown their credentials, and it's worth just seeing how they look against tougher plastic opposition.

its not the dribbling players im worried about, more the dribbling, knuckledragging 'fans' on here! 

2 people like this

43 minutes ago, chrisbo61 said:

its not the dribbling players im worried about, more the dribbling, knuckledragging 'fans' on here! 

Do not look in the mirror while posting.