Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

gone full time

36 posts in this topic

Confirmed by Danny Lowe’s tweet about being a part time player in a full time team. 

Hence why they have signed half a team in the last 10 days 

I dont see what they hope to achieve. Halifax is 4 times the size of Guiseley and some could argue that the National League is now our natural position. Could the same be said of Guiseley or are they already punching above their weight? In my opinion they are which means even by turning full-time, the future at this level isnt sustainable even more so when I would guess most people in Guiseley follow the fortunes of Leeds.

2 people like this

Parkin has multi millions in his bank account and he's probably starting to accept that he'll never own Leeds United

Chester going Full time But it’s all about how the players are managed if they are manged well as part time they can be every bit as good . It is all about what they do in there sessions when they train Managers can have players in 7 days a week but if they are badly coached and managed they won’t get anywhere.

What do they mean by full time?

3 training sessions a week at varying times of the day.

I know players say they have gone "full time" but how is it different to part time Guiseley.

My view is that this is a silly decision midseason. You have players as seemingly Lowe who have jobs and contracts with Guiseley, are they going to give up their jobs, highly unlikely. So you finnish up with different training sessions, a larger squad and a much larger bill. The chairman needs deep pockets.

On the plus side are there any players who could do a job for us that we could take on loan.

28 minutes ago, Viking said:

On the plus side are there any players who could do a job for us that we could take on loan.

Alex Purver, but will probably be on a position to go full time 

An update as I have read www.guiseleyafc.co.uk and their training sessions are monday and friday mornings, tuesday and thursday evenings. So after being together thursday evening they go to bed and start again friday morning! See if that suits the players.

The trickle down from the Premiership nuthouse continues, madness & unsustainable  IMHO.

1 person likes this

Happen we will finally sign Jake Lawlor shaymanjoe! (Joke....:P:P)

My take on Full Time/Part Time is,Full Time you are paid for 52 weeks a year. Part Time you are paid for 38 weeks a year. 

Fylde pay 44 weeks as a full time team. Essentially from the first training session rather than first actual game like ourselves. 

Let's hope that a full time structure is unsustainable

Hilarious.

Ideas above their station doesn't even begin to cover it.

Presume Cox has put his foot down, after he made such a success of full time Barrow.

Fish, chips and mushy peas all round, don't spare the vinegar.

2 hours ago, vinnyweknuts said:

Let's hope that a full time structure is unsustainable

How long are we going to give them before we are saying  Guiseley have had there chips ?.

8 hours ago, Blueblood said:

How long are we going to give them before we are saying  Guiseley have had there chips ?.

Is there something Fishy going on there?

16 hours ago, Viking said:

An update as I have read www.guiseleyafc.co.uk and their training sessions are monday and friday mornings, tuesday and thursday evenings. So after being together thursday evening they go to bed and start again friday morning! See if that suits the players.

Tough sh*t if it doesn't - I've been putting up with going to work one day and turning up the next for far too long so why shouldn't they :lol:

52 minutes ago, greg45 said:

Tough sh*t if it doesn't - I've been putting up with going to work one day and turning up the next for far too long so why shouldn't they :lol:

Wait until you are retired greg45, you never get a day off.:D

2 people like this

I can understand their decision - It took them 4/5? attempts to get into this league yet under their PT structure, they have survived by the finest of margins for the last 2 seasons and are heading the same way this year as well. 

Under their current set up its only a matter of time before they return the CN so whilst theres no saying it wont still happen relegation should be something they start to expect to avoid rather than just hoping.

When i look at our league i would say 75% of the clubs in it are in serious danger of being relegated from one year to the next, look at us, we went from a team looking to get in the play offs to rock bottom within 6 months.

1 person likes this

Just now, greygoose said:

I can understand their decision - It took them 4/5? attempts to get into this league yet under their PT structure, they have survived by the finest of margins for the last 2 seasons and are heading the same way this year as well. 

Under their current set up its only a matter of time before they return the CN so whilst theres no saying it wont still happen relegation should be something they start to expect to avoid rather than just hoping.

When i look at our league i would say 75% of the clubs in it are in serious danger of being relegated from one year to the next, look at us, we went from a team looking to get in the play offs to rock bottom within 6 months.

to an extent so can i  but the financial implications i dread to think about.

2 minutes ago, chadders said:

Yes Chadders but their Chairman is obviously footing the cost, not their support. Wish our millionaires would bang some money in.

1 person likes this

2 minutes ago, chadders said:

Doesn't matter if Parkin's funding it.

1 person likes this