Dominic Marie.....

55 posts in this topic

A two man midfield because we play with two wide men (a system that suits Morgan) so our midfield will always be chasing shadows and not every player can fit in that system

I actually think Hibbs can still add a bit, especially at dead ball situations.

But I don't know what has happened behind the scenes.

That said, I can't stand the Hibbs cult of personality that sometimes reveals itself.

Could definitely do a job. I'd guess it's more a non footballing reason that is keeping him out of favour.

You don't just become a bad player over night.

29 minutes ago, royals1922 said:

I actually think Hibbs can still add a bit, especially at dead ball situations.

But I don't know what has happened behind the scenes.

That said, I can't stand the Hibbs cult of personality that sometimes reveals itself.

It's not much more than people want to include him.....on merit?

1 person likes this

33 minutes ago, TheNorwegianViking said:

It's not much more than people want to include him.....on merit?

It's a number of things but it is ultimately pointless because my name plate doesn't say manager and only results  matter.

Looked an okay player in a very poor team when we went down. Couldn’t get in over Wroe for much of it, and had he same issue at BPA last year. Hardly a great call for his inclusion. Got to accept the manager isn’t playing him. 

16 hours ago, dj funky said:

Thought we had signed him .

DJ there are potentially  people on this forum with heart conditions, please do not suggest these things, even in jest

Sorry and i'll try to keep my humour in check in future.

15 hours ago, AFC Halifax said:

Hibbs would not get into our midfield and please don't tell me he should play at right back. He couldn't get in BPA's midfield last season 

:lol::lol::lol: Far better player than the dogshite quartet.Lynch/King/Clarke/Oliver

1 person likes this

18 minutes ago, eddies mate said:

:lol::lol::lol: Far better player than the dogshite quartet.Lynch/King/Clarke/Oliver

How did he get on at BPA again? 

3 minutes ago, AFC Halifax said:

How did he get on at BPA again? 

For the sake of the team he covered right back for us and was played there at BPA.

He isnt a right back but apparently they wanted to extend the loan which tells its own story.

i'd want Hibbs in squad even if we had a decent midfield but what we have is woeful.

2 people like this

1 minute ago, eddies mate said:

He isnt a right back but apparently they wanted to extend the loan which tells its own story.

Yes that he is an average conference north player 

41 minutes ago, eddies mate said:

TBH in the case of Oliver he signed for us solely to be in the shop window to get back FT with a league club and he simply has disappointed so far. Clarke I always hoped would step up but get the feeling he himself does not feel good enough, Lynch 75% of the way there & King well should be have been gone in closed season when DB had chance to cut his losses.

Ship em all out and get some more in! Heath out, Bosomworth out...

Just now, AFC Halifax said:

If that's what he is in your opinion and you may well be right it's still superior to the sh!te that's getting in ahead of him.

10 minutes ago, AFC Halifax said:

Let's get this right.....If a Conference North side wants to extend a loan, that means that player isn't good enough for a higher level?:o

7 minutes ago, TheNorwegianViking said:

Let's get this right.....If a Conference North side wants to extend a loan, that means that player isn't good enough for a higher level?:o

Can't believe all these National league and FL clubs queueing up at The Shay every day for Jake Hibbs are being knocked back. 

As poor as we were v tranmere...we were crying out for a tough tackling midfielder to come on...oliver not interested in 50/50 challenges...3-1 down give hibbs a go...but no bring on 2 central midfielders and play them out of position...wrong decisions on Saturday in my eyes...lets see if we get in some much needed reinforcements 

2 people like this

Playing 4-4-2 which most people were crying out for comes with its own problems, being outnumbered in the middle of the park being the main one. 

At the moment Oliver has to be one of the 2 as he is the only player who can pass the ball effectively, its then a case of which of Lynch or Hotte plays along side him.

We then have Clarke, King & Hibbs who shouldnt be here as non of them are good enough to challenge the other 3 and are simply squad players. 

Its clear we require additions but unless we can get a definate starter in then why bother? we already have 3 midfielders sat doing next to nothing.

...........is the name, of his latest flame.

Thank you very much, holy Maryland.

4 hours ago, AFC Halifax said:

If he is only "an average conference north player" why was he given a three year deal? Either the club didn't expect to get out of the Conference North for three years or we were royally shafted by his agent and Mr B paid over the odds for him in terms of wages. I suppose the other option is that his form is regressing under the clubs training schedule and our managers refusal to play him.

2 people like this

4 minutes ago, Shaymen2008 said:

If he is only "an average conference north player" why was he given a three year deal? Either the club didn't expect to get out of the Conference North for three years or we were royally shafted by his agent and Mr B paid over the odds for him in terms of wages. I suppose the other option is that his form is regressing under the clubs training schedule and our managers refusal to play him.

Pretty obvious what the board think of him by the contract and Ham's pre-season commentary.