Tranmere today

234 posts in this topic

No doubt it was an own goal, didn’t look like he knew what to do when one on one 

1 hour ago, Shaymus said:

I think you'll find that season we played Hull City. But I get your drift.

Ok. Season 79-80, calendar year 80. Thanks.

Edited by themanwhowasntthere

12 hours ago, shaymanandy said:

Bit of a mystery as usual price for away fans is usually £19 but they have reduced it to £17 for our match 

Only £17 if you purchase your ticket in advance. £19 on the turnstile

Word on the street is DC is going back to Afc Fylde.

He has been awful to be fair this season. Josh and Kossy are streets ahead of him, he just seems like he's out of his league and is low on confidence.

after some promise last season, it sadly hasn't worked out for him and with Macca playing in a more forward role this season it could free up a wage to strengthen an area we need it.

2 people like this

4 hours ago, chrisbo61 said:

bloody new phone and predictive texting! 

price=prick

brevity=brexit

The inventor of Predictive Text has died

His funfair will take place next saturate at 2pm

4 people like this

Disappointing 2nd Half today, We didn't play to our strengths. Best right back we have who is fit is Wilde with Mca in his usual roll at left back. Line up with Brown & Garner & this 4 defensive set up would have given big Sam better cover. Yes he was beaten at his near post, but left short by no fullback closing down. Moyo is a tryer, but gets drawn out of position too easily. With no Denton or Kosylo, we should be adopting the usual steady progress from the back & trying to turn them, rather than lumping the ball up for McNulty to eat up. I thought Brown had a good game in difficult circumstances, I can only think of 2 headers he did not win all game. Still 2 games until Denton's suspension ends. Play both forwards higher up (not one dropping back) Get the ball on the deck & turn the defenders. Good game to try this against Torquay next week.

1 hour ago, dj funky said:

Word on the street is DC is going back to Afc Fylde.

Not sad if true. Especially if we're paying his wages. He's been extremely poor.

1 hour ago, last_chance_saloon said:

Not sad if true. Especially if we're paying his wages. He's been extremely poor.

Charles has not been getting game time so he'll be packed off soon enough to a conference North or a struggling National League side, soon enough, if indeed he is returning.

6 minutes ago, royals1922 said:

Charles has not been getting game time so he'll be packed off soon enough to a conference North or a struggling National League side, soon enough, if indeed he is returning.

Agree, his form hasn't warranted game time though. I'd rather have one of 'our' players in the squad.

1 minute ago, last_chance_saloon said:

Agree, his form hasn't warranted game time though. I'd rather have one of 'our' players in the squad.

Bring in Khan or one of the lads. Who knows they may work out.

1 person likes this

47 minutes ago, royals1922 said:

I agree. At least they're our players. Can't tell me they're any worse than Charles has been?

Just now, last_chance_saloon said:

I agree. At least they're our players. Can't tell me they're any worse than Charles has been?

Charles has been a bitter disappointment.

6 minutes ago, Steve Lanzarote said:

Charles has been a bitter disappointment.

Seems to be low on confidence, and short of ideas. Looks physically unable to compete this season too.

1 hour ago, royals1922 said:

Not ready yet. First bid is to impress where they're at.

3 minutes ago, TheNorwegianViking said:

Not ready? I could have gone on yesterday and done better.

1 person likes this

4 minutes ago, Shaytrev said:

Not ready? I could have gone on yesterday and done better.

I thought it was a left winger we were short of! lol

4 people like this

1 minute ago, chrisbo61 said:

I thought it was a left winger we were short of! lol

I am;)

27 minutes ago, TheNorwegianViking said:

I don't know if he's ready or not but there's one way to find out.

Also Charles has not got that many minutes so getting one of the young lads into the squad on game day and on the bench at the Shay or even better on a road trip will teach these kids so much.

1 person likes this

As you say if they never get a chance we will never know, it worked in Billy Ayres's day.

Edited by Roy Race
1 person likes this

I'm a big believer in getting at least a little homegrown talent into the squad. It adds a vitality and some youth into the squad and the younger players learn so much from the interaction with the older pros.

And if it works out and we get a transfer fee later on, all the better.

1 person likes this

Can always do what he did with Charles, bring one on as a sub and replace them as sub if needs be.

Nothing ventured nothing gained.

2 people like this

Ross Barrows looked decent in pre-season,I know North Ferriby are struggling,but bring Ross back and give the lad a chance

On October 15, 2017 at 12:59:44 AM, ewalsh said:

The amount isn’t the point here. It’s an admission fee to watch a football match, whether you think they put adequate effort in or not is up to you. You chose to pay the price and you watch the game regardless. Very little in life more embarrassing than people asking for money back because their team didn’t win. 

How is it embarrassing because it Wouldn't happen anyway. People pay to get in yes but thats a fair bit to get in the shay especially if you live about 100 miles away and have kids to pay for aswell. Its not the fact we lost its how we lost if the was fight and determination was there then maybe LIFETIME supporters wouldn't be as pissed off with how the match turned out.

14 hours ago, Roy Race said:

As you say if they never get a chance we will never know, it worked in Billy Ayres's day.

Everything is relative.....