Tranmere today

234 posts in this topic

All a case of chalk and cheese really, because we know that Morgan's a brilliant finisher and capable of much more than tap-ins here and there, but still suffers from having an incomplete game despite his potential. You won't get him consistently playing to the whistle, going for the second ball, zipping back and forth to pester defenders, or giving it to a man in a better position. Denton's extremely busy, great at placing himself, a consistent goalscorer with a powerful shot, generous and fully aware of his physical attributes. But he'll never be fast, sometimes has a 50p head and isn't too clinical. Both are brilliant to have but my impression is that Denton is always trying to maximise his potential, while Morgan's unaware and possibly even reluctant to use his, which would make him much more than non-league. Hopefully he can develop with us. It'll be his best chance.

8 minutes ago, GLPFCHT said:

So you think that was acceptable ? I praise the players when they play well-but that was disgusting,I can accept defeat(used to it) but why should I be happy about lack of effort

Attitude of the players reflected in the crowd and some on here. Not bothered by the result. We lose and you’ve paid your money to get in, same as a win. See you didn’t tell me if you’d pay more for a good result. 

Tranmere had us sussed and outplayed us, they have a bunch of players that are experienced at this level

get over it .

3 minutes ago, ewalsh said:

Attitude of the players reflected in the crowd and some on here. Not bothered by the result. We lose and you’ve paid your money to get in, same as a win. See you didn’t tell me if you’d pay more for a good result. 

I pay £18(too much) surely I can expect a bit of effort,or are you just happy their's a team in Halifax-it doesn't matter how they play,let's just pay regardless,if I went to work and put that amount of effort in-I'd be handed my p-45,it should be 2 teams trying to win,of course we're only part time so it doesn't matter how **** they played today,I thought last week we the better side for much of the game after a decent start by Boreham Wood,and deserved to win,if I only went 3/4 times a season I probably wouldn't be as bothered(just treat as a day out-as their's very little to do in Lincolnshire)BUT I know even without Kossy & Dents that we are MUCH better than that,if £18 is nothing to you then next Saturday I'll gladly meet you at the turnstyle so you can pay my entrance fee ? :)

1 hour ago, GLPFCHT said:

I pay £18(too much) surely I can expect a bit of effort,or are you just happy their's a team in Halifax-it doesn't matter how they play,let's just pay regardless,if I went to work and put that amount of effort in-I'd be handed my p-45,it should be 2 teams trying to win,of course we're only part time so it doesn't matter how **** they played today,I thought last week we the better side for much of the game after a decent start by Boreham Wood,and deserved to win,if I only went 3/4 times a season I probably wouldn't be as bothered(just treat as a day out-as their's very little to do in Lincolnshire)BUT I know even without Kossy & Dents that we are MUCH better than that,if £18 is nothing to you then next Saturday I'll gladly meet you at the turnstyle so you can pay my entrance fee ? :)

The amount isn’t the point here. It’s an admission fee to watch a football match, whether you think they put adequate effort in or not is up to you. You chose to pay the price and you watch the game regardless. Very little in life more embarrassing than people asking for money back because their team didn’t win. 

3 minutes ago, ewalsh said:

The amount isn’t the point here. It’s an admission fee to watch a football match, whether you think they put adequate effort in or not is up to you. You chose to pay the price and you watch the game regardless. Very little in life more embarrassing than people asking for money back because their team didn’t win. 

So you do think that NO effort is acceptable-no point arguing is their,nowt to do with whether they won or lost,today-that was embarrassing.

1 minute ago, GLPFCHT said:

So you do think that NO effort is acceptable-no point arguing is their,nowt to do with whether they won or lost,today-that was embarrassing.

Measure effort for me. 

Well this forum is quiet, has North Bridge been reopened:(

3 minutes ago, Steve Lanzarote said:

Well this forum is quiet, has North Bridge been reopened:(

Out after the game until late, Just got up, huge hangover from yesterday and not because of the beer.

That was one terrible performance made worse by my man Morgan putting the worst performance I have seen for a long time by anyone in  a Town shirt, not that anyone of his team mates played any better. Did very well to win a penalty then it was downhill fast from that very moment. Not going to dwell on every bad moment, too many of them. A performance best forgotten.

Two home games in the league to get the season back on track, no distraction of the FA Cup, no excuses with Kosylo back. Denton back for Tranmere away and I do believe it will be possible to get something there with those two back as they did not look that impressive, the grey haired, fat bellied bloke had a good game or was it Town who made him look good ? We certainly allowed Tranmere to look much better than they are. When subs get subbed you know things are bad. That is enough depression for now, backlash against Torquay will suffice, 3-0 will do.

3 people like this

8 hours ago, Flea said:

The sort of ignorant and arrogant attitude that has probably helped steer this country towards Brexit, as there are so many up themselves idiots who think they are better than others and like to belittle and ridicule those that do work hard for very little, to the point that these working class people are having enough of these "better than you" Tarquins telling us how we are all thick racists and idiots and are now telling them where to go. 

It always amazes me how many people are out of touch with the cost of living and priorities that others have. Whilst £18 isn't a huge amount of money to me, I also don't feel it is "value for money" for the level of football we are at (Not just our club to blame at this, as I feel pricing of football is a complete and utter disgrace at all levels, especially non league) and that for some that £18 would be a very decent chunk of money that they could spend elsewhere. 

As fans of this club we often pay at least the going rate, if not above the going rate, for everything this club sells. Be it travel on the coaches, entry to the ground, food and drink, shirts, subscriptions to media etc... Everything is on the top end. Everything is squeezing that extra couple of quid where possible, so I can appreciate why some will grumble, or look to do other things at times which will be cheaper or more entertaining. 

A prime example of this arrogance was the other year when we played Chorley in the FA Cup (with Bradford waiting in the wings). Tons of Town fans went to Chorley on the Saturday to see us stumble to a 0-0 draw, with the replay at the Shay a few days later, with entrance charged at £15. When several Town fans complained about the price, considering they had paid for travel and entrance for a poor performance in the original game, a direct quote from a relative of the Chairman was "Well if they don't want to pay it, they don't have to come" - says it all about the arrogance, that just because £15 to them is nothing, they think it is to everyone. 

£18 to me isn't a massive sum of money. However, for a qualifying game in the FA Cup it is a huge sum of money for its value - even more so when its against two non league teams. Its relative to the value of other things you could do and other entertainment you can have. For those that have to pick and choose what games they do due to cost, then I really do feel for them when they pay for a game as shockingly bad as today, as I do know some that going to the game does cost them a fair part of their disposable income. To be mocking someone for that is down right disgusting. 

Bore off you sanctimonious price! 

There's only one outcome for the working class from brevity, and the term Turkeys voting for Xmas sums it up perfectly. 

1 minute ago, chrisbo61 said:

Bore off you sanctimonious price! 

There's only one outcome for the working class from brevity, and the term Turkeys voting for Xmas sums it up perfectly. 

That's Asda price ?

swarmy Jeremy Corbyn shows his true colours to the deluded youth, a case of watching too much Have I Got News For You and too little of the Real World

bloody new phone and predictive texting! 

price=prick

brevity=brexit

41 minutes ago, Wilder Bollox said:

Welcome back Trev, hope you enjoy the rest of the season

?.....been back since last May.

30 minutes ago, Wilder Bollox said:

That's Asda price ?

swarmy Jeremy Corbyn shows his true colours to the deluded youth, a case of watching too much Have I Got News For You and too little of the Real World

tell you what if you think that way about social democracy, as an average working bloke you really have had the wool pulled over your eyes! 

Dont think you need a great education for either the police or fire service.

I feel sorry for nurses as some of the crap they deal with is terrible.

The other 3 all have their own perks are are mostly better off than the average man/woman.

10 hours ago, last_chance_saloon said:

Indeed. Especially if you're working in the public sector.

Nurses, police, teachers, fire service etc. Good education needed for those, poorly paid under this government. 

The Tranmere game was very frustrating to watch, a lack lustre poor poor performance by our lads. But saying flip side at coin I'd rather stay in the conference and go out of the F.A cup, It will be a totally different game at Prenton Park.

Yesterday showed how a club copes with injuries and suspensions, in our case miserably , should Heath have looked at a couple of loans , sub getting subbed tells its own story.

Losing macca was a big loss , seems to get targeted , Tranmere were nothing special , look at their league position .

Really disappointed we have gone out of the FA Cup at this early stage but our league position softens the blow , a run in the cup would have been nice but to be involved in a promotion race come May would be priceless.

1 person likes this

10 hours ago, ewalsh said:

First round that we’ve competed in has always been a poor crowd regardless of opposition. The general public just aren’t interested and would rather save their £18 for a league game, and season ticket holders feel they’ve contributed enough already. 

It’s also due to the fact that the actual romance of the Cup has diminished in the exact same proportion in which the brand ‘Romance of the Cup’ has been marketed. Progress is now seen purely as an exercise in either securing financial stability or providing some welcome budgetary elastic. No-one is excited by the prospect of drawing a big-name Premier League brand name as this is now relatively mundane, not least as the opposition would likely turn out a reserve or youth team. I don’t think it’s an age thing as the younger generation seem as jaundiced as the rest of the 50-something old stagers on here. I simply cannot imagine a similar fever pitch to that in 80-81 were Town to draw Man. City now. There would be a mixture of dread tempered by the comforting humiliation-compensatory financial reward. No-one remembers FA Cup winners any more. I really fancied yesterday’s game as it took me back to the ties of old, but the prohibitive cost of travel, plus middle-age fatigue finally dissuaded me from making the trek, Judging by the disappointing cynicism alluded to on here, which I hope is, in no little way, a response to losing the game, it seems to have been a good decision, though not one that I am necessarily happy about.

Edited by themanwhowasntthere
1 person likes this

12 minutes ago, themanwhowasntthere said:

I simply cannot imagine a similar fever pitch to that in 80-81 were Town to draw Man. City now. 

I think you'll find that season we played Hull City. But I get your drift.

For the first time ever I left 20 mins from time because I was worried that I was falling asleep and might fall and injure myself.

2 hours ago, chrisbo61 said:

bloody new phone and predictive texting! 

price=prick

brevity=brexit

I have that problem all the time and NO new phone.:)

2 people like this

The only positive was Tomlinson getting off the mark although from my view it looked like an own goal , so probably taken off him.

1 minute ago, monk said:

The only positive was Tomlinson getting off the mark although from my view it looked like an own goal , so probably taken off him.

From every view it was all McFatties goal and we shouldn't take that away from him

2 people like this