Tranmere today

234 posts in this topic

Not as sympathetic & socially minded as one has come to expect of chrisbo.

1 hour ago, AFC Halifax said:

The whole FA Cup experience has been devalued by the Premier League and fans have now decided it's not that important. The £18 put off a few Tranmere fans after speaking to one in the East Stand bar 

It put me off.

32 minutes ago, Roy Race said:

What is admission charge at Prenton Park :huh:

Two hubcaps or a radio last time I was there

I am unsure what purpose the new Mersey bridge serves, is it to enable quicker access to Cheshire for higher quality twocking.

4 hours ago, AFC Halifax said:

Today proved how much Dents brings to the Team! We also saw Adam Morgan's brother today, the one that doesn't look interested and all he wants to do is shoot no matter what else is going on.

Correct. 

2 people like this

4 hours ago, ashy1966 said:

No mention of how much Kosylo brings to the team?What a surprise!Only player in the whole squad that can make things happen.

Denton is a bigger loss than Kosylo in terms of how important he is to our style of play. 

4 hours ago, Greggs said:

Oh bore off. You refuse to see just how poor a footballer denton  actually is. The fact we didn't end up with a replay was a massive bonus for me I now get tp watch 2 upcoming home games without the lord and savour denton in the team.  

Exactly what would he have brought to the game. Misplaced headers. Fouling his man every time the ball goes near him. He's scored 5 goals 4 of which have been from a yard out. 

Morgan and tomlinson are far better technically and that's a long way better. I was flipping ecstatic when he got sent off last week. 

You keep believing he's good though. And I'm sure he'll reward you with a 1 yard header into an open goal in 1 out of every 4 games. 

Incorrect. 

2 people like this

2 minutes ago, never_shay_die said:

Wow. What an ignorant comment. 

Agreed, arrogant and immature

Chrisbo always comes across as an intelligent poster, must be having an off night

I know lots of folk that have studied hard only to find themselves in employment way below what their qualifications warrant, they aren't many jobs and lots of folk pick and choose matches to suit their budget

3 people like this

15 minutes ago, Grayski said:

Agreed, arrogant and immature

Chrisbo always comes across as an intelligent poster, must be having an off night

I know lots of folk that have studied hard only to find themselves in employment way below what their qualifications warrant, they aren't many jobs and lots of folk pick and choose matches to suit their budget

Correct. See also:

Redundancies, perceived value for money, general interest, the simple fact that some people earn more than others and prioritise differently etc. 

Ignorant, arrogant and,  I'm sure to many, insulting. 

Edited by never_shay_die
1 person likes this

Quality of education doesn't  always go hand in hand with quality of employment thankfully, common dog quite often wins the day.

1 person likes this

Indeed. Especially if you're working in the public sector.

Nurses, police, teachers, fire service etc. Good education needed for those, poorly paid under this government. 

2 people like this

1 hour ago, Roy Race said:

What is admission charge at Prenton Park :huh:

Bit of a mystery as usual price for away fans is usually £19 but they have reduced it to £17 for our match 

51 minutes ago, never_shay_die said:

Correct. See also:

Redundancies, perceived value for money, general interest, the simple fact that some people earn more than others and prioritise differently etc. 

Ignorant, arrogant and,  I'm sure to many, insulting. 

The sort of ignorant and arrogant attitude that has probably helped steer this country towards Brexit, as there are so many up themselves idiots who think they are better than others and like to belittle and ridicule those that do work hard for very little, to the point that these working class people are having enough of these "better than you" Tarquins telling us how we are all thick racists and idiots and are now telling them where to go. 

It always amazes me how many people are out of touch with the cost of living and priorities that others have. Whilst £18 isn't a huge amount of money to me, I also don't feel it is "value for money" for the level of football we are at (Not just our club to blame at this, as I feel pricing of football is a complete and utter disgrace at all levels, especially non league) and that for some that £18 would be a very decent chunk of money that they could spend elsewhere. 

As fans of this club we often pay at least the going rate, if not above the going rate, for everything this club sells. Be it travel on the coaches, entry to the ground, food and drink, shirts, subscriptions to media etc... Everything is on the top end. Everything is squeezing that extra couple of quid where possible, so I can appreciate why some will grumble, or look to do other things at times which will be cheaper or more entertaining. 

A prime example of this arrogance was the other year when we played Chorley in the FA Cup (with Bradford waiting in the wings). Tons of Town fans went to Chorley on the Saturday to see us stumble to a 0-0 draw, with the replay at the Shay a few days later, with entrance charged at £15. When several Town fans complained about the price, considering they had paid for travel and entrance for a poor performance in the original game, a direct quote from a relative of the Chairman was "Well if they don't want to pay it, they don't have to come" - says it all about the arrogance, that just because £15 to them is nothing, they think it is to everyone. 

£18 to me isn't a massive sum of money. However, for a qualifying game in the FA Cup it is a huge sum of money for its value - even more so when its against two non league teams. Its relative to the value of other things you could do and other entertainment you can have. For those that have to pick and choose what games they do due to cost, then I really do feel for them when they pay for a game as shockingly bad as today, as I do know some that going to the game does cost them a fair part of their disposable income. To be mocking someone for that is down right disgusting. 

Edited by Flea

So £1 makes the difference on attendance in scouser world, how droll.

Really disappointing performance today but it was exactly what i was expecting when i saw the line up. It just proves that without Denton and Kossy we are nothing. They are our best two players by far. Anyone who thinks Denton is a waste of space should have clearly seen what he brings to the team on todays performance. Our midfield is incapable of playing expansive football which is why we end up hoofing to Denton.

Look what happened today without him, we either hoofed aimlessly towards Tomlinson or the midfield would misplace a pass. Morgan must have had his worst game ever in a town shirt. Lost count of the amount of terrible long shots and misplaced passes. And just to top it off he missed the penalty. As he was running up i called it straight away which way he was going. His head was down and facing the way he was shooting making it easy for the goalkeeper.

As for Charles, i've been really disappointed with him during this loan spell. However, it was a disgrace by Heath to sub him off. Charles and MacDonald were our only slight chances of creating a goal. Hate to imagine what it will have done for his confidence too. The double substituion really came across as damage limitation. In a cup game, it doesn't make any sense. Just go for it and hope for the best.

I do feel Tranmere were there for the taking today on the basis we had Denton and Kossy. Don't get me wrong they deserved the win but i thought they were bang average considering their budget and squad on paper. Can see why they are midtable with that defence. It wouldn't surpirse me in the slightest if they lose to teams with pacey strikers. You know they are slow if Tomlinson is outpacing them with ease. Slowest backline i've seen this season. Very good attack though, and there was a lad in the midfield who pulled the strings for them. It will be interesting to see how we do at there place in the near future

Not sure but I think I was mugged between 3 00pm and 4 50 at the ground this afternoon.

3 people like this

6 hours ago, Greggs said:

Oh bore off. You refuse to see just how poor a footballer denton  actually is. The fact we didn't end up with a replay was a massive bonus for me I now get tp watch 2 upcoming home games without the lord and savour denton in the team.  

Exactly what would he have brought to the game. Misplaced headers. Fouling his man every time the ball goes near him. He's scored 5 goals 4 of which have been from a yard out. 

Morgan and tomlinson are far better technically and that's a long way better. I was flipping ecstatic when he got sent off last week. 

You keep believing he's good though. And I'm sure he'll reward you with a 1 yard header into an open goal in 1 out of every 4 games. 

I’m not sure if you’re trolling. But Morgan has 4 goals, and 3 of those have been tap ins too, but you’ll tell me that’s all about good positioning and getting in the right areas. 

Denton contributes more in play, that’s a fact. He also gives us an outlet that’s a fact. And helps us defend set pieces. Another fact. 

We are also a team set up to play to a big man, shock horror that when we play to the big man it doesn’t work. There were plenty of crosses into the box today that the two upfront did not win, had that been Dents who knows, certainly a better chance.

1 person likes this

3 hours ago, AFC Halifax said:

The whole FA Cup experience has been devalued by the Premier League and fans have now decided it's not that important. The £18 put off a few Tranmere fans after speaking to one in the East Stand bar 

First round that we’ve competed in has always been a poor crowd regardless of opposition. The general public just aren’t interested and would rather save their £18 for a league game, and season ticket holders feel they’ve contributed enough already. 

Quite frankly-I haven't got a pot to piss in,I went today as I did BW last week,no fight-no passion and ****ing **** today,the minimum I expect is effort,Tranmere came out about 3/4 minutes after Town for 2nd half-they could have kicked off without Tranmere on the pitch and they wouldn't have scored,if you're reading this DB-I WANT MY MONEY BACK,Tranmere were deserved winners no doubt-but they are nothing special(no disrespect to TRFC or their fans)not sure why Dion was humiliated in that way(the whole team was garbage) I expect him to have been on phone to Fleetwood before end of game begging for a reprieve,Halifax went out today with the intention of losing(the lack of effort by anyone tells you that) why not give Jake a run out in 2nd half cos if he's that bad he wouldn't have changed the game plan which was to lose,I couldn't bring myself to leave before final whistle-cos I may not have returned for quite some time,show some ****ing passion and put some effort in

1 person likes this

2 minutes ago, GLPFCHT said:

Quite frankly-I haven't got a pot to piss in,I went today as I did BW last week,no fight-no passion and ****ing **** today,the minimum I expect is effort,Tranmere came out about 3/4 minutes after Town for 2nd half-they could have kicked off without Tranmere on the pitch and they wouldn't have scored,if you're reading this DB-I WANT MY MONEY BACK,Tranmere were deserved winners no doubt-but they are nothing special(no disrespect to TRFC or their fans)not sure why Dion was humiliated in that way(the whole team was garbage) I expect him to have been on phone to Fleetwood before end of game begging for a reprieve,Halifax went out today with the intention of losing(the lack of effort by anyone tells you that) why not give Jake a run out in 2nd half cos if he's that bad he wouldn't have changed the game plan which was to lose,I couldn't bring myself to leave before final whistle-cos I may not have returned for quite some time,show some ****ing passion and put some effort in

What a terrible post. If we won comfortably would you pay twice the admission?

You don’t only pay when we’re going to win, you pay to watch a match. 

2 people like this

Not often I’ll target one player for direct criticism. Every single player was poor today and it was a day to forget about but Morgan was absolutely disgraceful today. Uninterested in the team and only cared for himself with ridiculous attempts at shots from 50 yards, free kicks into the wall, missed penalty... etc. Says a lot about his attitude as well when he was the only town player to walk straight down the tunnel and not clap the fans. Sure, he’s very talented and can come up with vital goals and a bit of magic. But there’s a reason he ended up at this level and I’m afraid it’s quite evident that his attitude is the problem. As well, today proves how much he and the rest of the team rely on kossy and Denton for goals and service (in Morgan’s case). 

1 person likes this

26 minutes ago, ewalsh said:

What a terrible post. If we won comfortably would you pay twice the admission?

You don’t only pay when we’re going to win, you pay to watch a match. 

So you think that was acceptable ? I praise the players when they play well-but that was disgusting,I can accept defeat(used to it) but why should I be happy about lack of effort