No new signings ?.

204 posts in this topic

Despite having a squad that is a little threadbare with injuries & suspensions I can't believe we haven't signed anyone in the last couple of weeks, is it a case of making do with what we've got because we are ahead of what was expected (points wise) at this point of the season  ?c'mon mr bosmonworth loosen the purse strings. Up the shaymen.

2/3 decent signings and we'd be play off certs,but there's always excuses why the perceived ambition doesn't reflect in reality.

If we can get the best out of Liam King he'd be like a new signing,as he seems to have got himsels back in the fold over last couple of weeks.

12 minutes ago, Mr Vincent said:

Sign some bloody men! I dont care who they are, just names on paper will do............................just please sign some men. The people demand signings.

That were yer mates downfall signing a glut we didnt need and then debuting them all together...

1 person likes this

If we bring anyone in it would only be loan players .The club won’t sign anyone until the likes of King and Hibbs are off the books I am surprised they are both still with us . King must be one of the biggest earners in the club what are we playing at  he should be gone 

1 minute ago, Wilder Bollox said:

That lad Hobbs must be on our radar

Heard he's electric.

2 people like this

Aye, King must be on a massive  £300 per week, how can Bosomworth ever afford to bring in loan players? We can play with 10 men, already proved this season we can still win. Save your money Bosomworth. 

Any new signings will probably happen similar to our substitutions-late,however I predicted top 2 at the start of the season and not seen anything to suggest that's not possible 

1 hour ago, Blueblood said:

Despite having a squad that is a little threadbare with injuries & suspensions I can't believe we haven't signed anyone in the last couple of weeks, is it a case of making do with what we've got because we are ahead of what was expected (points wise) at this point of the season  ?c'mon mr bosmonworth loosen the purse strings. Up the shaymen.

would rather we stuck to our budget and not go down the slippery path............................... WOULD HAVE THOUGHT IT WOULD BE A ONE IN, ONE OUT ATM.

2 minutes ago, chadders said:

would rather we stuck to our budget and not go down the slippery path............................... WOULD HAVE THOUGHT IT WOULD BE A ONE IN, ONE OUT ATM.

Agree broadly with this sentiment although Dixon being transferred out may have opened a spot.

1 minute ago, royals1922 said:

Agree broadly with this sentiment although Dixon being transferred out may have opened a spot.

True, but no point filling the spot just for the sake of it.

1 hour ago, Shaytrev said:

Aye, King must be on a massive  £300 per week, how can Bosomworth ever afford to bring in loan players? We can play with 10 men, already proved this season we can still win. Save your money Bosomworth. 

Rumour earlier in the week was that we were in for taking a player off Accrington on loan, so it looks like we are actively looking for players, but like others have said, they need to be the right ones and not brought in just for the sake of it.

1 person likes this

1 hour ago, Shaytrev said:

One of the top earners Shraytrev so nearly double it.

4 hours ago, eddies mate said:

That were yer mates downfall signing a glut we didnt need and then debuting them all together...

But that is what the people demanded - sign some men Aspin sign some men. 

So he signs them, plays them, we lose one game...............................................then Armageddon! 

Good old football fans, as clueless as they are loyal in general. 

I stand by a philosophy of only signing players that will improve the squad in the long term. 

Edited by Mr Vincent
4 people like this

1 hour ago, Mr Vincent said:

But that is what the people demanded - sign some men Aspin sign some men. 

So he signs them, plays them, we lose one game...............................................then Armageddon! 

Good old football fans, as clueless and they are loyal in general. 

I stand by a philosophy of only signing players that will improve the squad in the long term. 

We do need a 2 or 3 new players but I have a feeling that just like most things the board do and the manager last season, it tekes them time but when they finally do it they do it right.

I have a feeling we might see a couple of gems in the near future.

2 hours ago, Flea said:

Rumour earlier in the week was that we were in for taking a player off Accrington on loan, so it looks like we are actively looking for players, but like others have said, they need to be the right ones and not brought in just for the sake of it.

I had a look at the Accrington squad and presuming that any players we signed on loan would:

(a) likely be a defender or a midfielder;

(b) have not played for some time;

(c) have to have the requisite skill and experience to contribute immediately to the squad( a lot of youth players for league sides are being sent to Conference North and below sides to get their game time); and

(d) be 25 or below:

then the number of possible signees would be limited to a handful of players (as would any  loan signing from a league 1 or 2 side).

I can imagine both king and Hibbs are on decent wages and in Hibbs case a long contract so there is probably no rush for him to move on but I'm surprised neither have gone out on loan as surely that would be beneficial for all parties even if Halifax had to contribute part of the wages as 2 players out on loan being match fit maybe on call back if suspensions/injuries crop up would surely help short term

15 minutes ago, royals1922 said:

I had a look at the Accrington squad and presuming that any players we signed on loan would:

(a) likely be a defender or a midfielder;

(b) have not played for some time;

(c) have to have the requisite skill and experience to contribute immediately to the squad( a lot of youth players for league sides are being sent to Conference North and below sides to get their game time); and

(d) be 25 or below:

then the number of possible signees would be limited to a handful of players (as would any  loan signing from a league 1 or 2 side).

Ben Richards-Everton ticks all four boxes there, and seeing as he's a centre back that can also play at right back it wouldn't surprise me if he's the player we are/we were supposedly after from Accrington.

2 people like this

3 hours ago, chadders said:

Yes I agree chadders stick to our budget but as royals1992 says Dixon left so there should be a place there where we could strengthen we are not far away from having a team that could compete in the top 3-4 in this league , as for king being on £300 a week shaytrevs having a laugh  you can double that & a bit more up the shaymen.

21 minutes ago, Lewis said:

Ben Richards-Everton ticks all four boxes there, and seeing as he's a centre back that can also play at right back it wouldn't surprise me if he's the player we are/we were supposedly after from Accrington.

Agreed as if you look at his playing background, prior to his recent sojourn into the Scottish leagues over the last 2-3 years ( and Scott Boden played in the Scottish leagues and is a bench player for Wrexham so I don't rate that them highly), he was playing for Hinckley United in the Conference North and had a year at Conference level with Tamworth in which he played 37 games,

Late edit:

he was an unused sub in the Accrington - Luton game.

I'm assuming a club like Accrington wouldn't also want their player to be cuptied as well so if he was available to Town, Accrington wouldn't necessarily want him playing this week.

Edited by royals1922

2 minutes ago, royals1922 said:

Agreed as if you look at his playing background, prior to his recent sojourn into the Scottish leagues over the last 2-3 years ( and Scott Boden played in the Scottish leagues and is a bench player for Wrexham so I don't rate that them highly), he was playing for Hinckley United in the Conference North and had a year at Conference level with Tamworth in which he played 37 games,

Louis Moult scottish premiership player of the month-September :lol:-proves your point.

2 people like this

19 minutes ago, eddies mate said:

Louis Moult scottish premiership player of the month-September :lol:-proves your point.

Moult's scored goals consistently for the last 4/5 years to be fair. 20 for Nuneaton in a season, 22 for Wrexham in a season, then 45 for Motherwell in just over 2 years. 

He'll end up in the Championship soon, still only 24/25.

35 minutes ago, eddies mate said:

notice Elliot Frear scored for Motherwell too - shows the level of Scottish premiership when ex conference players can play at that level.......

54 minutes ago, Blueblood said:

Yes I agree chadders stick to our budget but as royals1992 says Dixon left so there should be a place there where we could strengthen we are not far away from having a team that could compete in the top 3-4 in this league , as for king being on £300 a week shaytrevs having a laugh  you can double that & a bit more up the shaymen.

Agree, but not just for the sake of bringing a body in. Any new player should augment / improve the team and fit the Heath ethos plus want to play part time for a Northern side !!