Boreham Wood Thread

229 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Same defensive outcome but more goals to us, hopefully.

Edited by Erik Everhard

Talk about jumping the gun, we have another 3 months until we play Bromley again!

1 person likes this

5 minutes ago, Flea said:

Talk about jumping the gun, we have another 3 months until we play Bromley again!

Well done Flea you passed the test.

Your prize is a HRLFC season ticket. Enjoy.

2 minutes ago, Erik Everhard said:

Well done Flea you passed the test.

Your prize is a HRLFC season ticket. Enjoy.

Nice, Im down to the last half of my bog roll so that will do in the interim until I buy some more.

1 minute ago, Flea said:

Nice, Im down to the last half of my bog roll so that will do in the interim until I buy some more.

Shame you don't get as many tickets as attendees at the average game

Youd never have to buy loo roll again.

My gut feeling for tommorow is that we are avoiding defeat tomorrow, I just feel it and if by this time tomorrow night we have an extra 1 or 3 points then I'll be happy. I'm confident we can take all 3 though.

I saw a comment from the orient captain saying they aren't battle hardened. After watching us put up with and matching them dirty ***** Wrexham then I think it'll put us in good stead for going down there tomorrow and pulling off a professional away job.

The games are coming quick and fast I just hope we are fresh enough after Tuesday night, these disgusting long trips down south might start to take their toll.

You always get class with Moyo he's tragic you know!

2nd week in a row I get to see the SHAYMEN which is pretty unheard of for me these days unless it’s a playoff final scenario.. 

Going for my home shirt tomorrow and currently deciding on pants and sock combinations probably make final selection tomorrow morning before making the momentumtus 20 min drive from Hertford.. 3rd match I’ve managed to get to this season lost 1st 2 so far! :-(

3rd time lucky I’m hoping! 

You try to hard so just go casual and give us a chance.

1 person likes this

56 minutes ago, PeterPan said:

2nd week in a row I get to see the SHAYMEN which is pretty unheard of for me these days unless it’s a playoff final scenario.. 

Going for my home shirt tomorrow and currently deciding on pants and sock combinations probably make final selection tomorrow morning before making the momentumtus 20 min drive from Hertford.. 3rd match I’ve managed to get to this season lost 1st 2 so far! :-(

3rd time lucky I’m hoping! 

I like to always go for a matching sock and towelling wristband combo for those special times when you get to a match! I'd go for blue on this occasion.

1 person likes this

Wonder if we will go with Morgan and Tomlinson and put Dents on the bench as it's a plastic pitch? It's what happened last season at Harrogate & Tamworth 

4 minutes ago, AFC Halifax said:

Wonder if we will go with Morgan and Tomlinson and put Dents on the bench as it's a plastic pitch? It's what happened last season at Harrogate & Tamworth 

Is it a plastic pitch?

Their training pitch is plastic by all accounts, but I cant see anything online saying their actual match day pitch is.

Hope Billy goes with the usual attacking formation as he has adopted @ home. Its a pleasure to see 2 attacking wingers + 2 up front. Beats all the dross served up as on Tele. Just watching Barnet v Coventry, absolute rubbish, not a patch on how we set up at present & as for EnglandB)

Posted (edited)

Looks like 5-3-2. Worked against Chorley all 3 times we played them last season and I believe Boreham Wood like to play through the middle so looks like we’re countering that. Kossy behind Denton and Tomlinson. Don’t mind him dropping Morgan for tommo, he’s impressed coming off the bench every time and Morgan has gone a bit quiet recently. Nice to see king back on the bench as well.

Edited by Benfcht

Town team

TOWN: 1. Johnson, 3. Wilde, 11. McManus, 5. Brown (c), 8. Hotte, 10. Oliver, 9. Denton, 12. Lynch, 7. Kosylo, 2. Moyo, 14. Tomlinson

In 

Moyo Tomlinson

Out 

McDonald Morgan (subs bench both)

SUBS: 13. Nicholson, 15. MacDonald, 16. Morgan, 18. Clarke, 19. King

Borehamwood unchanged

9 of this Borehamwood team have played the the previous two games together so they are  a settled side. 

Also 5 of their player are comfortable in defence so that they can play 5 in defence.

Stephens (no 6) is 195 cm so will possibly mark Denton and Champion in midfield is 190cm so he may form the other part of any potential double teaming.

Great to see Liam on the bench. Hope he gets some minutes.

Hard to pick a formation out of that 5-3-2 would suggest Tomlinson or Kosylo playing a restrictive midfield role. Could be Macca at CB with Hotte back in midfield and tomlinson/magic out wide. Will be intetesting to see how they line up.

Just now, noelm1979 said:

Hard to pick a formation out of that 5-3-2 would suggest Tomlinson or Kosylo playing a restrictive midfield role. Could be Macca at CB with Hotte back in midfield and tomlinson/magic out wide. Will be intetesting to see how they line up.

I'm presuming it's a 442 with McManus and Kozzy on the wings

1 minute ago, noelm1979 said:

Also King is playing in an away game, which may suggest he may be playing more games, which given he score goals, may be a good thing.