Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

The Shay Betting Thread

52 posts in this topic

Wolves are 6/4 to beat bottom club Brentford. It is away but they did go and beat Southampton 2-0 away this week.

You can buy me a pint with your winnings the next time you see me! 

Might want to consider Barrow for the draw or win v Maidenhead. There is some doubt that Maidenhead's major goalscorer is fit.

Different sport but on the theme of betting. And it's been unavoidable in the news all week, will be interesting to see other opinions.

Is anybody really that daft to be having a bet on that circus of a boxing match tonight?

The whole thing is a joke for my liking and it's a disgrace to all those top pros who never got a shot at Mayweather despite years of dedication in their sport.

Its like lining up the Derby winner and asking it to go do the Grand National and I hope Mayweather batters McGregor

It's got to be a fix to make them and their buddies even richer. Reckon the deal is for Mayweather to go 50-0 and keep his reputation but with McGregor to come out with his head held high. McGregor has nothing to lose and will be just happy with the payday. After a hard fought victory for Floyd all the interviews will be about how they respect each other.

1 hour ago, Shaytrev said:

£100m for losing, not a bad pay day. 

I will happily dance around the ring for a minute or two and then get knocked out for half that amount.

4 hours ago, Erik Everhard said:

I will happily dance around the ring for a minute or two and then get knocked out for half that amount.

pop to my local I know a few lads who will do it for nowt. Why waste your time dancing

Remember Joe Bugner, actually  a boxer, got to fight Ali and Frazier and got the stuffing punched out of him but beat most of his European competition.

McGregor could be in a relatively eventful, short day.

Posted (edited)

Bet365 offers Dagenham & Redbridge 5/1 to win this year's National League - Very sexy & interesting!

Edited by TheNorwegianViking

53 minutes ago, TheNorwegianViking said:

Bet365 offers Dagenham & Redbridge 5/1 to win this year's National League - Very sexy & interesting!

Dagenham winning the league, sexy?

You should get out more.

1 person likes this

Well the fight was how I expected, barely any damage on either's face. Lasted a decent amount for the fans and Conor comes out of it with his head held high. He now has options, no embarrassments all round, Mayweather got the probably planned stoppage to keep his and boxing's rep. Both richer than ever. 

Just now, Shaytrev said:

Dagenham winning the league, sexy?

You should get out more.

Sexy odds;)

My plan is to go out tomorrow morning:)

12 minutes ago, WoodenShay said:

Anyone betting on the Halifax v AFC Fylde game this weekend? What do you fancy? It looks a hard one to call to me.

National League Betting Preview Saturday 2nd September 2017 http://www.nonleaguebets.co.uk/national-league-betting-preview-saturday-2nd-september-2017/

Nothing about Town but Sutton for the win over Maidenhead, especially after the lost Tarpey, is a chance.

For those wanting another leg to an accumulator, look at Chester to beat Torquay away.

It'll be short but Torquay have from all reports, 9 players missing through injury.

Edited by royals1922

Chester are relatively good odds.

I've got an accumulator that I might even bet on ( excluding Town) but if I do I'll curse the bet so here it is:

Torquay v Chester - Chester away win 

Sutton v Maidenhead - home win ( will be short but it's good)

Wrexham v Bromley - draw (Wexham are hitting form)

Tranmere v Dover - draw ( Tranmere are hitting form)

Dagenham v Gateshead - draw ( Gateshead away from home are like Town away)

Macclesfield v Woking  - away win ( Woking just picked up a decent Charlton player and Macclesfield are still a bit dodgy)

If you want a bank interest best, Aldershot to beat Solihull at home.

I'm even tempted to put a few on variations of that........................

Late edit:will pay very well if  all 7 come in.......

Edited by royals1922

I can't find the odds anywhere (maybe it's too early in the week)

Id like to see what South Shields are to beat Hartlepool in the cup this weekend. They're at home, going well in the league with good crowds and local-ish pride at stake.

Im surprised the BBC picked St Albans v Boreham Wood as their game to show on the red button instead of the North East game.   

Couldn't be arsed to send their cameras up north.

2 people like this

28 minutes ago, Icke's Lizard said:

Id like to see what South Shields are to beat Hartlepool in the cup this weekend. They're at home, going well in the league with good crowds and local-ish pride at stake.

Im surprised the BBC picked St Albans v Boreham Wood as their game to show on the red button instead of the North East game.   

Commentators live in or at or near London perhaps.......

Easier for the conmmentators and BBC crew to get a pie at half time ( St Albans average about  500 at home and Boreham Wood  about 500) perhaps.

Just me being cynical perhaps......

1 person likes this

2 hours ago, Icke's Lizard said:

They’ve already shown Shields in an earlier round. I watched about 10 minutes of it but can’t remember who they were playing. The coverage is pretty poor too

Presumably not unreasonable to spread the games around a bit

EDIT / it was Bridlington Town that Shields were playing

Edited by SteveM
1 person likes this

5 hours ago, royals1922 said:

Commentators live in or at or near London perhaps.......

Easier for the conmmentators and BBC crew to get a pie at half time ( St Albans average about  500 at home and Boreham Wood  about 500) perhaps.

Just me being cynical perhaps......

Ashton Athletic, South Shields and A.F.C. Liverpool all been on. Think they’re avoiding doing the same team twice as SS would have had 3 cracking TV games in the last 3 rounds. 

3 hours ago, ewalsh said:

Ashton Athletic, South Shields and A.F.C. Liverpool all been on. Think they’re avoiding doing the same team twice as SS would have had 3 cracking TV games in the last 3 rounds. 

There were other games and the Borehamwood and St Albans crowd may be 1,300 at best.

Each week I get an e mail from a dodgy Serb called euro tips indicating 2 games have been fixed and shows the prices but the teams are covered up, lo and behold every Monday he reveals the teams and of course the bet wins. Last weeks covered team was ourselves and the predicted/fixed result of 1-1. Maybe SamJohnson and their keeper went halves on the bet 

35 minutes ago, Jmc said:

Each week I get an e mail from a dodgy Serb called euro tips indicating 2 games have been fixed and shows the prices but the teams are covered up, lo and behold every Monday he reveals the teams and of course the bet wins. Last weeks covered team was ourselves and the predicted/fixed result of 1-1. Maybe SamJohnson and their keeper went halves on the bet 

Denton and Kosylo lumped on and are currently soaking up the sun on a long weekend in Lanzarote 

1 person likes this

1 hour ago, Jmc said:

Each week I get an e mail from a dodgy Serb called euro tips indicating 2 games have been fixed and shows the prices but the teams are covered up, lo and behold every Monday he reveals the teams and of course the bet wins. Last weeks covered team was ourselves and the predicted/fixed result of 1-1.

It is not my practice to edit quotes of a person but I have edited yours slightly as I consider it a slur on our players.

While I have doubts about the general honesty of certain leagues ( Korean baseball and Russian football in general at all levels), I have fewer doubts about the players especially in the English league given the players that went to jail in the in the 1960s, from memory for fixing games.

Further as someone, as I have, who has studied team sports, especially the 1919 Chicago Black Sox saga, even if you sign up  9 players to such an enterprise, it's difficult to orchestrate the exact result of team games with the aid of the players. You can try to orchestrate the win, lose or draw result with some possibility with the aid of the players but the exact result is significantly harder to orchestrate with the help of players.

Even in Australian rules football, there was a plague of attempts to fix games early in the 1900s by paying players to play "dead". Life bans on players fixed those results.

The only time I can think of a time when an exact result appears to have been "fixed" was in the West Germany Austria world cup game where West Germany needed to beat Austria 1-0  and both teams would qualify for the next round at the expense of Algeria, from recollection.WG scored in the first 10 minutes and the dead game was a dead rubber after that. That however was different because in that case because something more than money was involved, ie world cup progress.

So I would not at any point, these days,  suggest that any exact result can be fixed with player involvement.