Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Guisley game.

19 posts in this topic

I think we town fans & billy nil will after wait until the guisley game to see our first goal goal of the season I also think we could be in the bottom 5  lowest scorers but at the same time have one of the better defences which in turn will see us  outside the bottom 4 come the end of season, what do ya think up the shaymen.

I don't. Right now only Aldershot, Dagenham, Ebbsfleet, Boreham and Fylde have scored more than 5. Also Sutton, Dover, Eastleigh, Macclesfield and Bromley are in the top 10 but have only scored 2 or 3 goals.

While we have only 2 goals against, a record only better by Chester  (one less game), Macclesfield and Bromley and equalled by 6 other teams but Town and Chester are the only team who have allowed 2 or less in the below  1th.

As for strikers, if they don't start scoring, I anticipate, one may be brought and one of the others will be left out of the rotation, after Town has had the chance to look at them.

16 hours ago, Blueblood said:

I think we town fans & billy nil will after wait until the guisley game to see our first goal goal of the season I also think we could be in the bottom 5  lowest scorers but at the same time have one of the better defences which in turn will see us  outside the bottom 4 come the end of season, what do ya think up the shaymen.

I think the first team we get an early goal against we'll run riot and get 4 or 5 There's plenty of players that can score goals in this team we just need to get the monkey off our backs and everything will be fine. Our defenders must be delighted with their performance. The way Johnson is playing (barring the mistake against Aldershot) we'll do well to keep hold of him.

Edited by Erik Everhard

As Erik said, I feel like when we get 1 goal the floodgates will open and we'll be fine. 3 games into the season and I'm far less worried than I was 2 years ago.

45 minutes ago, Erik Everhard said:

I think the first team we get an early goal against we'll run riot and get 4 or 5 There's plenty of players that can score goals in this team we just need to get the monkey off our backs and everything will be fine. Our defenders must be delighted with their performance. The way Johnson is playing (barring the mistake against Aldershot) we'll do well to keep hold of him.

I hope your right   it would be nice to see a goal or two. An like royals said  I think we might have to bring another striker in at some point I can't see to many goal in our team  ,  your right about Johnson Erik he's some keeper & it's only a matter of time until other teams come sniffing so let's enjoy watching him develop while he's with us  I think he'll play in the championship one day ( how old is he ?) up the shaymen.

17 minutes ago, Blueblood said:

I hope your right   it would be nice to see a goal or two. An like royals said  I think we might have to bring another striker in at some point I can't see to many goal in our team  ,  your right about Johnson Erik he's some keeper & it's only a matter of time until other teams come sniffing so let's enjoy watching him develop while he's with us  I think he'll play in the championship one day ( how old is he ?) up the shaymen.

Born 01/12/1992. A youngster for a keeper.

6 hours ago, Steve Lanzarote said:

Born 01/12/1992. A youngster for a keeper.

Thanks Steve as you say just a youngster.    for us older one's he reminds me of terry  genoe ,up the shaymen.

50 minutes ago, Blueblood said:

Thanks Steve as you say just a youngster.    for us older one's he reminds me of terry  genoe ,up the shaymen.

Lets hopr he turns out as good and has a similar career, I remember him well.

On 12/08/2017, 23:22:58, royals1922 said:

I don't. Right now only Aldershot, Dagenham, Ebbsfleet, Boreham and Fylde have scored more than 5. Also Sutton, Dover, Eastleigh, Macclesfield and Bromley are in the top 10 but have only scored 2 or 3 goals.

While we have only 2 goals against, a record only better by Chester  (one less game), Macclesfield and Bromley and equalled by 6 other teams but Town and Chester are the only team who have allowed 2 or less in the below  1th.

As for strikers, if they don't start scoring, I anticipate, one may be brought and one of the others will be left out of the rotation, after Town has had the chance to look at them.

We have 2 strikers.Who are sat on the bench all the time.How can they score.

Morgan got 21 minutes yesterday in midfield.

1 person likes this

Some interesting takeaways from the guiseley result from Aldershot's point of view, published in the local newspaper there which I set out:

"Six goals, five different scorers and a clean sheet – what more can you ask for? For those that weren't at the game, particularly those who might think that Guiseley were unlucky or the scoreline flattered the hosts - this was most definitely not the case. Aldershot looked a class apart from the first whistle to the last and in fact, manager Gary Waddock was a little disappointed his side didn't get one or two more goals."

"Team spirit is often mentioned as being an important part of what has made this Shots team so successful over the past season and part of that is the squad rotation that Gary Waddock has successfully implemented at the EBB Stadium. The squad isn't split between the starting XI and the rest – there are no stars or egos. If you're on the bench one week you know you could well be starting the next and vice-versa (well, apart from maybe Mark Smith. Sorry Mark). This was perfectly demonstrated against Guiseley when Jim Kellermann made his first start and first appearance of the season and scored his first goal. Strength in depth."

Then Adam Lockwood's comments about the game from a Guiseley point of view:

"Speaking after Saturday’s defeat boss Adam Lockwood said “One thing for sure Aldershot are a very good side as they were last year, they ask questions of you but for me we have come up short all over the pitch, a lot of individual mistakes.”

“There was times when I thought we could get a foothold back in the game but we didn’t, if you are like that and cannot break that cycle you have days like this, it is very disappointing.”

“The main thing was in open play they pulled us apart and stretched us, we did not cope very well.”

Our 2-0 loss does not look so bad in retrospect ( especially with the defensive mix up and the dodgy penalty).

Edited by royals1922

21 hours ago, Blueblood said:

I looked at Peterborough's website yesterday to see if Danny Lloyd is in the squad there because I wondered if we might put a cheeky loan offer in but he was on the bench against Bristol Rovers. I feel he's just the sort of striker we need to play with Denton.

On 13.8.2017, 14:23:34, Erik Everhard said:

First rule for that is creating chances.

4 hours ago, TheNorwegianViking said:

We've been creating a fair few chances in the last 3 games, just haven't been able to put them away. I make it at least 2 goal line clearances and we've hit the woodwork a couple of times too. Fine margins; if those had gone in we could be sitting pretty on 9 points...

1 hour ago, riccardo259 said:

We've been creating a fair few chances in the last 3 games, just haven't been able to put them away. I make it at least 2 goal line clearances and we've hit the woodwork a couple of times too. Fine margins; if those had gone in we could be sitting pretty on 9 points...

To me too "many" of these are half chances, with some exceptions.

.....but fine margins goes two ways.....we could be sitting without any points, too.

I think us on 2 points is a fair reflection of the games so far.

20 hours ago, TheNorwegianViking said:

We just need a really lucky, scruffy ricochet goal and then the confidence will come and the chances will follow (I'd even settle for an own goal atm.

1 person likes this

If grandma had bollocks she'd be grandpa.

We haven't scored from our chances. Hopefully we will tonight.

Like London buses............

The result will depend on how many buses turn up for Dover.

1 hour ago, Stasi Pants said:

Like London buses............

The result will depend on how many buses turn up for Dover.

The trick is moving some of them from in front of our goal.