Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Coach not turned up..

33 posts in this topic

4 minutes ago, nw3casc1 said:

for supporters.....Did Heath organise it...?

Time was it supposed to arrive? 

Double booked apparently, our aim is to get back into the league but our club isn't even run to the standard of the conference. Shambles

i hope someone is going to take this further as you will have had a contract with either the organiser or coach company,so you should get compensation,then at least they will know they cant treat you like **** when they feel like it

18 hours ago, NIGHT OWL said:

i hope someone is going to take this further as you will have had a contract with either the organiser or coach company,so you should get compensation,then at least they will know they cant treat you like **** when they feel like it

Technically as no monies had changed hands there will be no refunds / compensation but it would be nice if the coach companies involved - or even FCHT even though it was not the clubs fault - as a gesture of goodwill did something for a future away trip for those left stranded yesterday.

12 minutes ago, chadders said:

Technically as no monies had changed hands there will be no refunds / compensation but it would be nice if the coach companies involved - or even FCHT even though it was not the clubs fault - as a gesture of goodwill did something for a future away trip for those left stranded yesterday.

Nothing todo with FCHT really, have the bus company only got 1 coach or why did they not get another coach from another company.

15 hours ago, chadders said:

i thought someone called george organises the coaches and from what i heard today he doesnt go to many games so i assume there was no one there yesterday to sought this mess out apparently george was at the halifax show,so really it needs to be brought in house or organised by someone who goes to all the games,you look at all the beautiful away coaches that away supporters bring and what do halifax fans get TWIN VALLEY i ask you.

6 minutes ago, NIGHT OWL said:

i thought someone called george organises the coaches and from what i heard today he doesnt go to many games so i assume there was no one there yesterday to sought this mess out apparently george was at the halifax show,so really it needs to be brought in house or organised by someone who goes to all the games,you look at all the beautiful away coaches that away supporters bring and what do halifax fans get TWIN VALLEY i ask you.

You are correct re George on all points; however the guy that was organising the coach and taking money yesterday is a respected figurehead from the supporters club committee and goes to most away games. With regards to the quality of coaches maybe the reputation and history of our fans behaviour means some companies may not want to lease us thier luxury coaches.  

1 person likes this

13 hours ago, chadders said:

You are correct re George on all points; however the guy that was organising the coach and taking money yesterday is a respected figurehead from the supporters club committee and goes to most away games. With regards to the quality of coaches maybe the reputation and history of our fans behaviour means some companies may not want to lease us thier luxury coaches.  

i thought this was the official coach so i presume decent coach companies will do business with an organiser on board and no riff raff, the club managed to get 4 decent coaches when we played nantwich,ive heard twin valley dont even have toilets on and when youre taking our older supporters i would have thought that was imperrative.so whoever organises it tell them to put the fans first

Despite millwall fans rep I'm pretty sure they get  coach companies taking fans to away games with decent Coach facilities 

1 person likes this

1 hour ago, NIGHT OWL said:

i thought this was the official coach so i presume decent coach companies will do business with an organiser on board and no riff raff, the club managed to get 4 decent coaches when we played nantwich,ive heard twin valley dont even have toilets on and when youre taking our older supporters i would have thought that was imperrative.so whoever organises it tell them to put the fans first

You are correct these are the official coaches and are frequented by decent Town fans I just meant that the past history of some " fans " may deter some coach companies.

I agree re toilet however if not enough people book to run a 49 seater then either a 29 or 34 seater coach goes and this obviously does not have toilet facilities.

Edited by chadders

I would assume a coach with better facilities would come with an increase cost for those using the coach. 

I remember the coach that took us to Wales (Ryll I think) for John Shaw's England non league debut. It seemed to take nearly an hour to get up Calder way for the M62. Was worried that it would pack up and roll back down the hill it was that bad.

Just to clarify Twin Valley did not have a coach available for this trip and subbed it out to a company in Leeds to fulfill. There appears to have been a breakdown in communication somehow as when Twin Valley were contacted when no coach turned up yesterday they rang the othrer company who had no record of the booking. In no way is FCHT to blame and i believe a full statement will be on the website later on this evening / tomorrow morning.  

Just to clarify Twin Valley did not have a coach available for this trip and subbed it out to a company in Leeds to fulfill. There appears to have been a breakdown in communication somehow as when Twin Valley were contacted when no coach turned up yesterday they rang the othrer company who had no record of the booking. In no way is FCHT to blame and i believe a full statement will be on the website later on this evening / tomorrow morning.  

well my answer to all thisis vget rid of george,twin valley and get someone who is willing to look after the welfare of our loyal fans.i work in leeds and there is no end of executive mini coaches running about taking bank staff i presume and im sure they would be available on weekends if they needed smaller coaches.most people would pay that little extra to go in style.

38 minutes ago, NIGHT OWL said:

well my answer to all thisis vget rid of george,twin valley and get someone who is willing to look after the welfare of our loyal fans.i work in leeds and there is no end of executive mini coaches running about taking bank staff i presume and im sure they would be available on weekends if they needed smaller coaches.most people would pay that little extra to go in style.

Would agree with most of this except for the comment re George he had done his bit and neither he nor the club were responsible for the unfortunate events.

14 hours ago, Shaymen2008 said:

I remember the coach that took us to Wales (Ryll I think) for John Shaw's England non league debut. It seemed to take nearly an hour to get up Calder way for the M62. Was worried that it would pack up and roll back down the hill it was that bad.

was it a twin valley

42 minutes ago, NIGHT OWL said:

Careful what you wish for. George has done a great job over the years. He was at the agricultural show yesterday with his award winning veg.  Twin Valley are the schools coach of choice as they are so competitively priced. 

Would agree with most of this except for the comment re George he had done his bit and neither he nor the club were responsible for the unfortunate events.

i disagree george is responsible for the coaches,he had no right passing it to twin valley to sort out, twin valley should have informed george they couldnt do the job and then its up to our organiser to make alternative arrangements then maybe this fiasco wouldnt have happened

5 minutes ago, NIGHT OWL said:

was it a twin valley

It was May 2008 I believe and no I don't think it was Twin Valley back then.

13 hours ago, Che Bentos said:

Careful what you wish for. George has done a great job over the years. He was at the agricultural show yesterday with his award winning veg.  Twin Valley are the schools coach of choice as they are so competitively priced. 

i thought that was yellow bus.they must have at least 40 buses in halifax alone  i dont think twin valley can match that. UP THE TOWN

1 hour ago, NIGHT OWL said:

i thought that was yellow bus.they must have at least 40 buses in halifax alone  i dont think twin valley can match that. UP THE TOWN

Schools book Twin Valley for trips. The yellow buses and the council mini-buses on Battison Road are tied up doing the school runs. Schools never use them for trips. Twin Valley and Yellow Way are the ones most schools use for trips as they're the cheapest. 

13 hours ago, Che Bentos said:

Schools book Twin Valley for trips. The yellow buses and the council mini-buses on Battison Road are tied up doing the school runs. Schools never use them for trips. Twin Valley and Yellow Way are the ones most schools use for trips as they're the cheapest. 

i must dis agree with you there my grand-children have been to lightwater valley, chester zoo etc on a yellow bus they have seat belts, cctv professional drivers and metro to back them up so i think i know which coach service the parents and grand -parents would rather use if given the choice.havent you ever seen the FOR HIRE sign on the back of a yellow bus