Aldershot thread

329 posts in this topic

Good luck today and for all the season Shaymen 1-0 win bring it on. Joint top of the league.

1 person likes this

Just got up and seen that it's an absolutely glorious day out there with clear blue skies.

T-shirt, shorts, beer garden weather and hopefully a football result to  match. It's going to be a good'un so let's all enjoy the day out by singing, cheering Town on and get reyt behind them from the go. 

Maybe I'm just chatting with opening day confidence but you just never know what can happen. Enjoy your day lads.

2 people like this

Looking forward to the new season its all about survival for this season anything else is a bonus. Off to the Bass house before game with my brother see all the Shaymen down there then make our way to the Shay. No predictions from myself as every time I predict we either scrape a win or lose.

26 minutes ago, The Whistler said:

Looking forward to the new season its all about survival for this season anything else is a bonus. Off to the Bass house before game with my brother see all the Shaymen down there then make our way to the Shay. No predictions from myself as every time I predict we either scrape a win or lose.

Don´t forget to give a big shout for me Whistler.....

1 person likes this

Feels like it was just yesterday that Scott Garner glanced that legendary header. 
I'm predicting another goal for him today and a 2-1 win for the Shaymen. Saturdays are back!

1 person likes this

Look out for our talls to fire up a bit and if some our smalls can take advantage of it. Hope is highest before our first game.

Nice day, think we will get a decent crowd being the 1st game of the season, hopes are high, always are on opening day, nice to be st home for a change. Am going for 3-0 mes thinks. Question, what time does the shop open? Hoping early to get some new stuff before heading to the pub.

I´m sure I saw somewhere the shop was open 1pm to 2.45.

Hope so, I'm liking the new away kit this year, lets hope they've got a plentiful supply of xls. Is Matty Brown been named as our new captain?

Posted (edited)

8 minutes ago, LeedsShaymen said:

Hope so, I'm liking the new away kit this year, lets hope they've got a plentiful supply of xls. Is Matty Brown been named as our new captain?

Yes squad number on this forum.

Squad numbers

Edited by Steve Lanzarote
1 person likes this

2-1 to The Shaymen with Morgan getting the winner. He has already scored and he ain't had his breakfast yet.

14 minutes ago, Shaytrev said:

2-1 to The Shaymen with Morgan getting the winner. He has already scored and he ain't had his breakfast yet.

Lucky you!

1 person likes this

Sex on the brain Chris? Only Football today mate, put some bromide in your tea, should do the trick.

1 person likes this

6 hours ago, Steve Lanzarote said:

Good luck today and for all the season Shaymen 1-0 win bring it on. Joint top of the league.

Stop being tight Lanzo old pal, 3 0 minimum.

Just now, born to moan said:

Stop being tight Lanzo old pal, 3 0 minimum.

Your obviously on a bigger budget than me.....

Torrential rain in Cambridge so my cricket game is off. On the plus side I can listen to the game. Come on Shaymen! Predicting a close one, 1-0 or 2-1.

Sutton 2-0 up vs Orient in the early kick off. Looks like all the additions in their squad are still gelling. 

14 minutes ago, riccardo259 said:

Sutton 2-0 up vs Orient in the early kick off. Looks like all the additions in their squad are still gelling. 

Blummin eck. Poor Orient and their fancy pants signings :lol:.

In other news, Sinnott starts for Chesterfield

2 people like this

Subs Not Used: 4 Martin Riley, 11 Scott McManus, 13 Tom Nicholson, 16 Danny Clarke, 40 Dion Charles

1 minute ago, waaslebner said:

Morgan?

Not even sub !!!!!!!!!

6 minutes ago, waaslebner said:

Morgan?

Surprised he's not starting.

6 minutes ago, waaslebner said:

Morgan?

8 minutes ago, Steve Lanzarote said:

18600539-f907-43c3-8033-75ec0200345e.jpg

Looks like 4 4 2. No Lynch is a surprise and not even on the bench.