Rochdale

131 posts in this topic

17 minutes ago, Mr Vincent said:

I think its very harsh to judge him over last two years, he has worked under 4 different managers, relegated in his first season after making a massive jump in standard from the leagues Marske play in. He was a boy when he came to the Shay a long way from home and in those early days he was turning some proven conference full backs inside out. He also put in a magnificent performance in at Wembley and has missed alot of football through injury. He never misses training, making the trck from the North East and has a great attitude. He needs to bulk it up and mix it a bit better but that will come as well as what other have said about his team mated backing him up. He probably has not improved to the naked eye as much as we would like but what he has gone through can only be of benefit and experience to him. He will still need looking after and is still very very young. If you want to compare Vardy and Josh Mac then Josh Mac is actually more advanced in his career at his age compared to when Vardy was same age. Plenty more to come from him and worth the time and investment for me. He could be a cracker and is probably the only player on the books at the moment and that we have had for some time that has the potential to draw in a big transfer fee and go on to bigger better things. 

I fully appreciate he's still at a very early stage of his career and it was of course a big step up for him when he first came but there will come a point when his potential has to be realised, i believe this season is the time.

He did well on and off in the national 2 years ago but he now needs to show it on a regular basis if he wants to stay in the managers plans, some say he was great last year but for me after the first 2 months (our best player) he was average at best. This was in a league that he should have been a class act in given what we had witnessed from him 12 months previous.

I think we've seen enough talent at the shay in recent times to know when a player is destined or hoped for better things but for me Josh is only hoped for because he's got the potential to be anonymous half the time. 

Like i said big season for him but right now i'd say there's an equal chance of him being on loan at BPA as there is having scouts packing out the east stand to watch him.

6 hours ago, Mr Vincent said:

Part of that also involves his team mates fighting his corner. 

I dont want J Mac going in hell for leather in challenges, I want him out of all that, I want him outwide, getting chalk on his boots, he has to learn to find space and his team mates need to learn to give him the ball early before there is a Rossendale Butch Dingle right on top of him ready to clatter him. 

J Mac has more technical ability than Jame Vardy..............................just think about that

.....that's exactly how I scored quite a few goals last century;)

We need a left winger to get the best out of josh mac. He got doubled up on because it was obvious he was the only winger.  

13 minutes ago, Greggs said:

We need a left winger to get the best out of josh mac. He got doubled up on because it was obvious he was the only winger.  

Sorry, but I've "retired";)

Edited by TheNorwegianViking

I've just seen the goals. Matty Kosylo didn't score once.....but twice!.....Denton's shot took a deflection, and if it hadn't been for Matty their goalie would've saved the shot.

Some very positive signs.....

1. What Josh Macdonald did prior to our first goal was great.....more of the same, please.....
  2. What a fantastic through ball from Adam Morgan for 2-0
  3. Excellent of Matty Kosylo awaiting his shot to catch their goalie on the wrong foot for 2-0

Edited by TheNorwegianViking