Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Jake Hibbs

83 posts in this topic

1 - Hibbs is not in the managers plans and has no future at the club hence getting a major cold shoulder 

2 - Hibbs is hanging tight due to the lucrative contract he signed last summer. 

It's a very complicated scenario in that, at our level of football, normally players move on when they are not playing in the quest for playing regular. Not only is Hibbs not playing, the actions of the Manager last season and more so this pre season must be seen as humiliating. 

The question is - Is Jake Hibbs wrong to keep picking up his money? Or should he look at others options which are open to him?

Posted (edited)

Young lad who i'm sure would want to be playing football weekin, week out. However until such time as he can force his way back into the gaffers plans or secure a similar deal elsewhere he will stay put.lmo.

Edited by chadders

A very harsh but thought provoking question and fair play for asking it.

In my opinion he has every right to pick up a wage, He wants to play footy, he is a good lad who hasn't thrown his toys out, he hasn't slagged anybody off. He only wants a crack at things and deep down I think Heath has been a little bit harsh.

But atleast Heath has had the bottle to put him on the transfer list and maybe paying up his contract is what puts a few off from signing him. We've made a rod for our own back and to slag Hibbs off is cruel. Hibbs has stuck to his side of the bargain and I hope he sticks to his guns rather than be bullied out and demorlaised so he waivers his contract. Even if it costs my team.

Hibbs is better than King, Moyo. IMO. but its Billy who has the final say not me.

2 people like this

Hibbs is 100% right to collect his wages as long as he turns up for training and for games. 

Its up to the manager to move him on if he isnt going to feature. Obviously Jake could put feelers out himself, but if he cant get a club or an offer to match what he has here then he is contractually obliged to be paid the wage promised by us assuming he keeps turning up and training.

He isnt in breach of contract. 

2 people like this

I agree with what Flea says, and it looks a lot better in his part if he is turning up rather than causing problems within the dressing room. He'll benefit from it in the long run. It is a shame it hasn't worked out because I see a lot of Scott Phelan in him, but it hasn't gone well in the last twelve months. 

2 people like this

Needs to go on loan to get some game time and put himself in the shop window. Otherwise, who is ever going to sign him without seeing him play? If he wants a career in football, it's no good picking up a wage and not playing. Otherwise his career is finished when his contract runs out. 

2 minutes ago, born to moan said:

Not Hibbs fault our manager is an absolute knob end who doesn't know the difference between a Cleethorpes donkey and a footballer. Keep drawing the wages Jake. Heath won't be here long.

Ha. i think you and many others said something similar last season prior to us attaining promotion, oh how that humble pie must be choking you guys :shh:

9 minutes ago, born to moan said:

Not Hibbs fault our manager is an absolute knob end who doesn't know the difference between a Cleethorpes donkey and a footballer. Keep drawing the wages Jake. Heath won't be here long.

.....to put it this way.....I'd rather have Hibbs at the club than Billy Heath.....

3 people like this

3 minutes ago, TheNorwegianViking said:

.....to put it this way.....I'd rather have Hibbs at the club than Billy Heath.....

really ?? are we fully aware of what ; if anything; has gone on in the backgrouind. Nope we aint and may never well be.

30 minutes ago, born to moan said:

Seems all the other managers queing up to sign him agree with you 

2 people like this

3 minutes ago, chadders said:

really ?? are we fully aware of what ; if anything; has gone on in the backgrouind. Nope we aint and may never well be.

.....if something has gone on in the background (which is very likely) he should have sorted it out with Hibbs. By not playing him at all and answer like he did at the Balti night - not impressive. How can we expect to be "getting rid of him" if he's never played?

I have to give BH credit for the 2nd half of last season (the first half of the season was very disappointing to say the least), but there's too many question marks with him reg signings, scouts, footballing wise etc that don't make me confident he'll be good for us in the future.

Hibbs should hang around and collect the cash he is entitled to, he isn't the first player to be treated like this by Heath. Heath has a good chance of being out of the door before he is so he lives in hope. Good luck to the lad.

Don't get this whole love in with Jake Hibbs,  or are the anti Heath mob using it as a stick to hit the manager with? 

Not a good situation for both  the club and Hibbs and needs sorting out soon so over to you Mr B.

Just now, dj funky said:

Not a good situation for both  the club and Hibbs and needs sorting out soon so over to you Mr B.

Can't be sorted out untill a club comes in for him, may be left with no option but to loan him out. We do need him off the wage bill though in order to free up some money, the same with King 

Posted (edited)

Season before last Hibbs was one of our few stand outs. We all saw that Heath didn't. Some short memories on this forum, mainly among the Heath sycophants.

Edited by born to moan
2 people like this

Posted (edited)

6 minutes ago, born to moan said:

Season before last Hibbs was one of our few stand outs. We all saw that Heath didn't. Some short memories on this forum.

Wasn't difficult to be a stand out performer in that team. Also seem to remember he spent a bit of that season on loan. Hibbs is ok but that is about it. Runs around and is all action. Fans love to see that, but does he affect a game? Probably not 

If Hibbs is the player some think he is I am pretty sure he would be playing his football under a former manager in the North East 

Edited by AFC Halifax

9 minutes ago, AFC Halifax said:

Wasn't difficult to be a stand out performer in that team. Also seem to remember he spent a bit of that season on loan. Hibbs is ok but that is about it. Runs around and is all action. Fans love to see that, but does he affect a game? Probably not 

If Hibbs is the player some think he is I am pretty sure he would be playing his football under a former manager in the North East 

I'm not nit picking or having a go at your comment.

You've asked a question so I'll throw in Grimsby. The 4-2 at home and the FA Trophy final. Hibbs was great that day.

I think some fans are swept up with the non-league talent pool and Halifax Town production line thingy! I don't think he'll be a star or make the football league and he's probably a good Conf North player deep down, but how many other lads do we possess like that!!

I do think he's better than Moyo and hasn't had a fair crack at it.

If I was Hibbs then I'd stay on. you just never know. Football is a funny game and we're could do with an attacking midfielder. Do not be surprised if he isn't called upon.

1 person likes this

2 minutes ago, Icke's Lizard said:

I do think he's better than Moyo and hasn't had a fair crack at it.

Moyo is a better fullback than Hibbs. You have picked 2 games and from what I remember from the Grimsby game Nicky Wroe was the main man that afternoon. Anyway Hibbs will not feature this season and the sooner someone comes along to take him the better it will be for everyone 

2 minutes ago, AFC Halifax said:

Moyo is a better fullback than Hibbs. You have picked 2 games and from what I remember from the Grimsby game Nicky Wroe was the main man that afternoon. Anyway Hibbs will not feature this season and the sooner someone comes along to take him the better it will be for everyone 

I've pretty much accepted that, I just think its a shame because whilst he not be a great footballer, he adds options as a midfielder and a full back and he does work hard and put the effort in. I suppose we'll never know but I'd love to pick Heath's brains about it. Hibbs looks like the kind of lad who would fit in and typify a Heath team. Yes Talent has a say but he isn't far off, or is a par with many of the squad. its a really baffling thing.

Makes you wonder has owt been said!

Posted (edited)

Two issues here, is Hibbs good enought to be a stand out Conference player? Probably not, runs into trouble almost every time he gets the ball at Conference North level and is always just an inch away. Hasn't set the world alight out on loan but we do seem to love a trier. 

Question 2, is Heath good enough to be a Conference manager? (no real link to the question of Hibbs' potential there). Who knows, one of the best records in non league up to this point, we love to forget that. No avoiding the fact that he knows more about football management than me and everybody else on this board. Based on his success at getting us back up at the first attempt I kinda think even the chumps have to give him a chance. Shame they don't have an ounce of humility in them.

Edited by francisfirth

No problem with Hibbs continuing to collect his wages.

But unlike others here I believe an opportunity will arise this season because of injuries \suspensions and the size of squads at this level.Right now Hibbs does not feature in the manager's plans but Mr Heath does not, in fact, have to pick him in teams for these friendlies at all.

From memory a far worse situation happened at Arsenal where a player signed for 4 years by one manager was not rated by the next manager,continued collecting his wages and was relegated to training with the youth squad and never selected for any team.The stalemate continued until the player's contract finished.

Hibbs is still training with the league squad and is still being selected for friendlies, albeit on the bench.

Similarly Moyo didn't feature for lengths at a time and got a new contract and the Morgan situation was overcooked like fast food fried chicken.

People have to get over their "Hibbs love" and look at the facts.He's not in the plans now but he's one or two torn hamstrings from playing ( touch wood this does not occur).