Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Alfreton

70 posts in this topic

Team News | Johnson, Moyo, Wilde, Oliver, Garner, Riley, MacDonald, Hotte, Denton, Morgan and Tomlinson

Sus: Nicholson, Barrows, Hibbs, Brown, King, Lynch, Dixon, Kosylo, Khan and Basic

Does the naming of Tomlinson suggest we've signed him permanent?

Posted (edited)

1 minute ago, andrich said:

No Macca

Or Roberts which is disconcerting a little

And no trialist in the squad so have we lost interest in Hassan

Edited by holmbridge

Hibbs on the bench. Will he get game time or further humiliation?

10 minutes ago, holmbridge said:

No Hassan with Basic featuring for the first time tells me we aren't interested. Good to see Tomlinson in again and actually named.

Kevin Roberts back in light training after ankle injury....good to hear.

2 people like this

32 minutes ago, themanwhowasntthere said:

Hibbs on the bench. Will he get game time or further humiliation?

I don't think humiliation enters into it. The fact he is on the bench means he is going to feature but may be carrying an injury? I think with him coming back from his loan and still being around must mean he is going to feature at some point.

" Play stopped as Sam Johnson goes to ground with ball at other side of pitch "

Posted (edited)

8 minutes ago, waaslebner said:

" Play stopped as Sam Johnson goes to ground with ball at other side of pitch "

Johnson off, replaced by Nicholson. Match updates suggest ankle problem.

Edited by themanwhowasntthere

Khan and Basic on the bench as well as Barrows. Great.

2 hours ago, holmbridge said:

Roberts was at Gainsborough laughing and joking with Dents, so probably picked up a slight injury in training. Stop panicking!!

1 person likes this

So anyone go! Report please!

A loss to a side who beat us by the same scoreline 3-4 months ago and today we had a scratch side out due to a few knocks here and there.

No doubt some will come on here and panic but its only pre-season - a fitness, formation, shape exercise with the chance to have a look at a trialist too. Please try think and be rational before going nuts, slag everything off, panic and demand a massive overhaul.

I'm not going to pretend its all rosy and sweep things under the carpet coz I believe we do need to add to the team (a Striker, winger, attacking playmaker) imo. I'm relaxed though. That result is just one of them things.

Enjoy your Saturday.

1 person likes this

13 minutes ago, Icke's Lizard said:

A loss to a side who beat us by the same scoreline 3-4 months ago and today we had a scratch side out due to a few knocks here and there.

No doubt some will come on here and panic but its only pre-season - a fitness, formation, shape exercise with the chance to have a look at a trialist too. Please try think and be rational before going nuts, slag everything off, panic and demand a massive overhaul.

I'm not going to pretend its all rosy and sweep things under the carpet coz I believe we do need to add to the team (a Striker, winger, attacking playmaker) imo. I'm relaxed though. That result is just one of them things.

Enjoy your Saturday.

Next game is must win now :lol: 

3 people like this

14 minutes ago, Icke's Lizard said:

Enjoy your Saturday.

Pre season friendlies are purely about match fitness and looking at trialists, never ever read anything into the result. Example - we comfortably beat Sheffield Utd last year, who went on to win promotion as Champions......

2 people like this

1 minute ago, woody said:

Pre season friendlies are purely about match fitness and looking at trialists, never ever read anything into the result. Example - we comfortably beat Sheffield Utd last year, who went on to win promotion as Champions......

Sheffield United fans say we lost to Halifax Town who went on to gain promotion!

Its right though about today. fitness, shape, look how a few lads get on. I wouldn't expect anybody to bust a gut at this stage of pre-season.

1 person likes this

39 minutes ago, woody said:

Roberts was at Gainsborough laughing and joking with Dents, so probably picked up a slight injury in training. Stop panicking!!

Thanks for those comforting words....I'll panic over Sam now;)

1 person likes this

It's never nice to lose, but you have to factor in a few things here.

1. We've had just one day's rest since Thursday night.

2. Alfreton have recruited fairly well this summer.

3. Every goal we've conceded this pre-season has been with Nicholson in goal, so if we keep Johnson fit then we should be ok.

4. It's only pre-season, much more bothered about the fitness of players rather than results.

So overall, I'm not too concerned about today.

1 person likes this

9 minutes ago, holmbridge said:

Kelly said Sam ok

1 person likes this

2 out of three aint bad for a training session! Like stated its just testing players and fitness,August is when it matters.

1 hour ago, holmbridge said:

Sam was putting virtually full weight on the ankle after the game and both Kev and Danny Clarke should be available for Tuesday.

1 person likes this

Getting in the right players & beating Aldershot on the 5th of August.Is all that matters.

2 people like this