Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Sam walker

18 posts in this topic

2 weeks after signing a new full time contract he has left salford. Some very strange things happening there

55 signings into 11 possible positions sounds like a film that under 18 people are not allowed to watch as well as being a bad recipe for a happy football team

3 people like this

4 minutes ago, Riders of Rohan said:

He needn't stroll over the Pennines again.

I liked him but was puzzled as to why he couldn't sort his fitness out.

Was a strange one with Grand too where it seems he'd verbally agreed to stay but then the contract offer wasn't on the table. No doubt Salford will have another big signing lined up for Sam's replacement. You can't really begrudge players winding contracts down and leaving for nothing when this goes on, there's not much loyalty either way.

2 minutes ago, francisfirth said:

I liked him but was puzzled as to why he couldn't sort his fitness out.

I'm sure he is a jolly fine chap.

i too was referring to his lack of match fitness by my reference to him strolling. Frankly a professional footballer who can't get fit isn't a professional footballer and does not belong in our team.

I'm sure he got a decent pay out, don't feel too sorry for him.

37 minutes ago, last_chance_saloon said:

I'm sure he got a decent pay out, don't feel too sorry for him.

I'm not. Won't be the last to leave either as they realise pounds in the pocket does not in reality, equal game time.

As an aging non Corbynite capitalist pray tell me what Sam Walker has done to earn a payout.

He played for Salford , lost in the playoffs, failed to score a penalty.

Reward for failure, I don't think so.

1 person likes this

Presumably it's a pay out so that Salford don't have to him on his books, a here, take the cash and find someone who does want you payout.

I think he's a great player. Excellent at set pieces (apart from the penalty v us). 

If he's signed a new contract, they'd have to pay it up surely?

1 minute ago, last_chance_saloon said:

If he's signed a new contract, they'd have to pay it up surely?

Possibly not. They could have insisted he stayed and then sent him to train with their youth side as Arsenal from memory did or offered him a partial payout with a release which would mean he gets the release and the opportunity to earn good money elsewhere.

1 hour ago, halifaxmark said:

I think he's a great player. Excellent at set pieces (apart from the penalty v us). 

Obviously still a Shayman at heart ;)

Don't understand why people slag him off, he was decent for us and his injury sustained at Barrow last year was a gigantic kick to the goolies for our survival hopes. Mainly cos of how useful it is to have a left-sided, left footed midfielder alongside a pacy full back like Scott McManus.

Hopefully he'll go to a better club than Salford City.

48 minutes ago, olitheshayman said:

Don't understand why people slag him off, he was decent for us and his injury sustained at Barrow last year was a gigantic kick to the goolies for our survival hopes. Mainly cos of how useful it is to have a left-sided, left footed midfielder alongside a pacy full back like Scott McManus.

Hopefully he'll go to a better club than Salford City.

I think he was poor, overweight and out of his depth, but deep down I don't think we saw the real Sam Walker who would have excelled if he had stayed this season. He played in a poor team who ultimately got relegated and that shall allus be a massive blot on his career and time with Halifax Town. Its a shame he didnt put that right with us. The failure of that season is easy fodder for his doubters.

I don't hate him, nor do I want to lay into him, I just don't think he is Conference National standard. A good player in the North or glue leagues.

On ‎17‎/‎06‎/‎2017‎ ‎18‎:‎21‎:‎25, royals1922 said:

55 signings into 11 possible positions sounds like a film that under 18 people are not allowed to watch as well as being a bad recipe for a happy football team

are they just trying to sign a crowd?

2 people like this