Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

V9 Academy

43 posts in this topic

Notice the Jamie Vardy academy has taken on its first 3 players, Luke Coulson from Eastleigh, James Montgomery keeper from Telford and Dan Newton from Tamworth. Not exactly sure how this works and what it's all about. Our chairman said at the open to question with the SC that it's very much agent driven. If players sign on with the academy does it mean that it makes it even harder for clubs like ourselves to pick up any players with potential? 

Edited by AFC Halifax

Starts today for 5 days. Scouts from all over the country and some from Europe watching 42 players. How does this affect clubs? Do the club get a fee if a player gets a deal? 

lad from work Ryan Hall down there as well.

1 person likes this

Just now, malifax said:

Talk of football league clubs watching him at Curzon last season. Doesn't sit well with me, it removes the natural progression of player movement at our level. Imagine if Vardy, Gregory and Gardner all went to an academy trial and got a move, the club would be a poorer one. 

2 minutes ago, malifax said:

Ryan Hall has signed for Spennymoor Town, newly promoted to the National North with a few £ behind them.

Read the application form V9, Vardy vertually owns the player. Appears to me he is trying to take clubs like ours out of the equation. We had 1 prospect lined up who has already signed on with them.

6 hours ago, malifax said:

He's just signed for Spennymoor 

still works with us yes he on a good deal at Spennymoor has a few clubs interested but opted for them.

9 hours ago, Steve Lanzarote said:

Read the application form V9, Vardy vertually owns the player. Appears to me he is trying to take clubs like ours out of the equation. We had 1 prospect lined up who has already signed on with them.

Nonsense. The participants are not owned by Vardy or any other 3rd party. Player ownership is forbidden according to the FIFA Regualtions. 

1 minute ago, Statto said:

Nonsense. The participants are not owned by Vardy or any other 3rd party. Player ownership is forbidden according to the FIFA Regualtions. 

I did not say owned (vertually).

2 minutes ago, Steve Lanzarote said:

I did not say owned (vertually).

Fair point, you did say "Virtually"

1 minute ago, Statto said:

Fair point, you did say "Virtually"

OK headmaster I spelt virtually wrong.

He is certainly not going to make it easier for a club like ours to sign young players...we had a strong prospect we hoped to sign has gone into the academy, I bet we do not sign him now.

1 person likes this

Who was the lad we signed a few seasons ago via the Glenn Hoddle Academy? Paul something or other? He was pretty naff if I recall.

Without wanting to dismiss the whole V9 idea, instinctively I just feel like the better players wouldn't need to go down this route and if you were a proper talent then you would already have scouts and clubs on your back. 

1 hour ago, Flea said:

Who was the lad we signed a few seasons ago via the Glenn Hoddle Academy? Paul something or other? He was pretty naff if I recall.

Without wanting to dismiss the whole V9 idea, instinctively I just feel like the better players wouldn't need to go down this route and if you were a proper talent then you would already have scouts and clubs on your back. 

PAUL HARRISON?

1 person likes this

6 hours ago, South Stand Loyal said:

PAUL HARRISON?

Set up Deano's header against Droylsden to make it 2-0 in the FA cup, prompting one Mr. Farrell to vault the advertising hoardings. 

The Glenn Hoddle Academy was worth every penny. 

2 people like this

From memory the Hoddle academy was for young players who'd been released at higher clubs and was there to try and help them get fixed up with a new team further down the pyramid. The Vardy one sounds like it works the other way, finding young players from lower down the pyramid a club somewhere higher up.

1 person likes this

16 hours ago, TJAshton said:

He's just signed for Spennymoor 

Still going to the academy though.

27 minutes ago, olitheshayman said:

Set up Deano's header against Droylsden to make it 2-0 in the FA cup, prompting one Mr. Farrell to vault the advertising hoardings. 

The Glenn Hoddle Academy was worth every penny. 

The flying tramp picture is legendary..

4 people like this

57 minutes ago, Lewis said:

Still going to the academy though.

My point exactly, so Spennymoor or Curzon get nothing from it 

Posted (edited)

1 hour ago, Bobbins said:

From memory the Hoddle academy was for young players who'd been released at higher clubs and was there to try and help them get fixed up with a new team further down the pyramid. The Vardy one sounds like it works the other way, finding young players from lower down the pyramid a club somewhere higher up.

Hence scutting the likes of us out...Vardy in not doing it for no return...

Edited by Steve Lanzarote

2 hours ago, eddies mate said:

The flying tramp picture is legendary..

Ah, the photo that someone photoshopped a skateboard under him :D 

I bought an A4 sized print of that Dennis photo for my father that Christmas. We presented DDD himself with it on Dennis Day at that Braintree match, so the memory lives on!

4 people like this

2 hours ago, AFC Halifax said:

My point exactly, so Spennymoor or Curzon get nothing from it 

That isn't true.

If he gets spotted by say, Scunthorpe, at the V9 academy, then Scunthorpe would have to make an approach to Spennymoor for him.

Nuneaton have Tom Elliott and Alex Penny there, and it's in local press that if either impress the watching scouts, then clubs would need to approach us and pay a fee as they're under contract.

Its just an opportunity for them to train for 5 days, and play 3 'showcase' games, and for scouts to watch them at the same time.

In no way are the players 'owned' by the V9 academy.

Their aim/target is to get 4 of the 42 moves to football league sides. Alex Gudger (Brackley) is tipped to be one.

3 people like this

Notice Fylde have just signed someone from Kidderminster who is at the Vardy Academy this week